TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
SALVATION

SALVATION

Chapter 4: Is This Love?


How did it come to this? Why did it come to this? These thoughts passed through Sakura’s mind as she wiped the blood that dripped from her mouth.

Currently, her body was half-embedded in a stone wall. She was covered in dirt and she could feel bruises forming all over her body. She shifted a little bit and her back ached and she knew immediately she had a few broken ribs from the harsh punch she received just moments ago.

Her first thought drifted to Tsunade-sama’s first rule: To dodge all attacks because the medic-nin had to be free of injury to heal all the others. She could not have dodged that attack though; she didn’t even see it coming.

She stood up on shaky legs and quickly healed her broken ribs. She could do nothing for her back at this moment, so she chose to ignore the pain. She had to fight, no matter what. As she released the chakra, she knew that Naruto would be here fairly soon. As long as he’s not in a battle himself. Well, I don’t feel his chakra, so that’s good.

She looked up to the figure standing across the room. His stoic expression told Sakura all she needed to know: that this was going to be a long and hard battle and he wasn’t going down easy. But she wasn’t giving up. Even if she died here, she was going to succeed. She had to, it was the only choice.

Regaining her posture, she took out a kunai, and readied herself for battle. She saw the figure across the room smirk, and that only made her insides flare with rage. How dare he belittle me like that? I’ll show him what I’ve become!

As she was about to charge at him, her mind wondered to the events that happened only a few moments ago.


FLASHBACK

Sakura was careful as she trudged along the path. She kept her senses alert, waiting to hear any sound. She heard a few voices every now and then, but she quickly hid herself from view. It was fairly easy to do; no one seemed to be on guard.

And that unnerved her. Did they really think this hideout was that hidden?

She came to an opening, which led into several different hallways. She noticed one seemed to be lined with random doors, and she thought that would be the best choice. Maybe I can find Sasuke in his room, which would make it easier to talk to him without the interference of others.

She had not felt Naruto’s chakra, which meant he still hadn’t found anything yet either.

She was about to walk ahead when she spotted two different guards walking her way. She had no idea what to do. She didn’t have enough time to hide herself, and she was sure they would see her in just a few moments.

She tried to listen to what they were saying as she readied a few needles that were filled with a tranquilizer.

“I don’t know why that brat gets special treatment,” the taller one said.

“You know Orochimaru-sama needs him so he expects us to treat him with respect,” the other replied.

“It’s bullshit! He is allowed to use us as punching bags whenever he wants, he disrespects Orochimaru-sama, and he’s a complete bastard.”

“Well, let’s be lucky he decided to cancel training early today.”

“That was strange in itself. He hasn’t done that once since he got here.”

“Well, guess the bastard’s got a lot on his mind, he’s probably sulking in his room.”

“Which one is his room anyway? Let’s go in there and take the asshole when he’s not expecting it!”

“His room’s at the end of the hall and as much as I’d love to give him a piece of my fist, we can’t. Orochimaru-sama would send us down to the dungeon, and you know what happens to people when they go down there.”

“Yeah…”

Sakura had heard enough. She got her information and the two sound nin were almost to her. Using precise targeting, she threw both needles in each of their necks.

The one instantly grabbed it. “What the hell?” he said before pulling it out. He hit the floor before the needle did; the other following just as quickly.

Sakura was ready. She knew where Sasuke was and she was ready to find him. She wanted to unmask her chakra, but she didn’t want Sasuke to realize that she was here already. I’ll do it when I confront him.

She tried to calm her nerves and the butterflies that would just not go away, but she couldn’t shake the anticipation. The tension was so high you could cut it with a knife.

Walking down the hall, she felt like the journey would never end. She could clearly see the door at the end of the hallway, but the closer she got, the father it seemed to slip away.

She could feel her heart pounding in her chest. The tension seeping into her legs, making them shake. She looked down at her hand, which was gripping the kunai with such force it was slightly bent.

Calm down, Sakura. You have to calm down and think rationally. You’ll need everything you have, mind, body, and soul, to accomplish this mission.

Before she knew it, she came face to face with the wooden door. This was it; this one last piece of wood was the only thing that separated her from the boy she loved. She loved him more than anything, there was no more denying that. And she knew that even if he were to up and join Akatsuki, no matter what he did, she would love him forever. She hated that fact about herself. She hated that she couldn’t let him go. She would have had so much more peace these last few years had she not loved this boy with all her heart. She watched as all her friends dated and found relationships, but she didn’t. And everyone knew why and she knew that everyone pitied her for that reason. She was weak, weak to the love she felt for Sasuke, and she hated that she wasn’t strong enough to break that love. But, she had come to terms with it, and she had resolved within herself that she was going to fight for him, she would die for him if need be, no matter what the outcome. This was her reason for living, she was sure of that. She knew her purpose, knew her destiny, and it involved Sasuke in one way or the other; if she died for him, or god-forbid, by him, she would accept it. Everything in life has a reason. She was on team seven for a reason, and she loved Sasuke for a reason. And that was good enough for her.

Shaking her head from her thoughts, she was a bit surprised to feel tears rolling down her cheeks. She wiped her eyes quickly, and focused back on the task at hand. It was here, finally here, the one thing she had been waiting for.

She grabbed the door handle and turned it as slowly as she could. The door opened without a sound and she eased her way in. The room was completely dark except for a small candle burning on a table. The table sat right beside a bed, which seemed to have something on it. She looked closer and she could see a figure on the bed. She instantly recognized the blackish blue hair that belonged to only one man.

She took a breath when she realized that he was probably still sleeping and didn’t notice her presence. She took a step forward, moving easily to the bed.

His back was to her and she could sense the regularity of his breathing. He still did not stir and Sakura was stumped. She didn’t know what to do. Should she shake him or punch him to wake him up? She didn’t know. She decided that she would shake him awake in hopes that maybe she could “talk” some sense into him before she had to try to “beat” it into him.

She raised her arm and slowly brought it over his body, just as she was about to lay her hand on his shoulder, his arm thrust up and gripped her wrist in a tight hold.

Her breath left her at the sudden movement and before she could react, Sasuke turned over to look at her.

She stared into those deep onyx eyes that she loved so much, and she felt the hatred, rage, and cold radiate from them. She knew at that moment, she was not in a good position. Before her senses came back and she could contemplate her move, Sasuke spoke.

“Hello Sakura,” he said before he rammed his fist into her stomach, sending her careening into the wall.

END FLASHBACK


She stopped herself, before she ran at him with full force. She wanted to talk with him for a minute, see if she could maybe convince him with her words. They had not been able to talk at all when she saw him last, and there was so much she wanted to say, so much she wanted to ask.

She looked straight into his eyes, and he stared straight back. She started with a few simple questions to see how he would answer.

“How did you know it was me?” Sakura asked.

“I felt your chakra a while ago, so I assumed that the person walking into my room with no chakra was you,” Sasuke stated and Sakura was surprised to find that he gave her that much of an explanation.

“When did you…,” Sakura started to say, about to ask him when he felt her chakra because she had masked it before they entered the hideout, but then she remembered. The little chakra she used to open the hole for them. Even though it was only minuscule, she should have known Sasuke would be able to pick up on something like that.

“I’m assuming the dobe’s around here somewhere,” Sasuke said to her and Sakura chose not to reply. She didn’t like this. It almost seemed like it was the calm before the storm. He was acting so nonchalant. She knew he knew why she was here, so why was he not attacking her.

“I’m sure you know why I’m here, do I even have to ask if you’ll come back?” Sakura said, already knowing the answer.

“Sakura, you’re smart, you should already know,” he said. Sakura took a moment to gaze at him. He was wearing the same outfit he was the first time she saw him and it disgusted her. She just didn’t know how he could wear a sound uniform, but then again, she didn’t know how he could betray his village for power either.

“Sasuke, please, just come back with us. You should see how strong we have become. And remember, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei always stressed how important teamwork was. We’re stronger together, you have to know that. How can you not see that?” Sakura began. She wanted to try, no needed to try to convince him. Not only for her sake, but so that she could give Naruto enough time to reach them. She knew it would take the both of them together to bring Sasuke back.

“You never learn, Sakura. I don’t need that village or any of you,” Sasuke said. He was so damn calm, always so damn calm. Sakura was flaming inside and she was losing her composure.

“How can you say that? After all we’ve been through together as team seven!” Sakura shouted. She tried to restrain her voice, but she couldn’t.

“We’ve been through? If I don’t recall, Sakura, you were barely apart of team seven. Always getting in the way, always so annoying,” Sasuke said and Sakura shook with rage.

She clenched her fist so tightly she could feel the blood run down her hands. She felt her insecurities welling up. It was a sore spot for her, but she also knew that she had grown tremendously since those days, and she was going to show Sasuke just how much.

“I can see now, that nothing I say will matter to you. No matter how much I talk, it will only be wasted words, wasted breath. Well Sasuke, guess this means I’m just going to show you how much I get in the way,” Sakura said through clenched teeth. She tightened her gloves, before building up chakra into her fist. “Guess this means I’m just going to have to show you how annoying I can really be!”

With that, she charged at him head on, fist ready, and mind willing. And now she knew without a doubt, she could do anything to bring him home. She could beat the man she loved to a bloody pulp if it meant saving him.

She saw Sasuke smirk at her and she smirked right back, pretending to be in perfect control, but inside she was a wreck and the only thing she could think of was: Hurry Naruto!


PLEASE REVIEW!