TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Times} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Times; min-height: 14.0px} p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 12.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Times} p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 6.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Times; background-color: #808080; min-height: 14.0px}

"We've been following them for almost two days now. When are they going to reach their hideout?" Naruto said, clearly frustrated.


Sasuke sat beside him and Kakashi stood against a tree. His arms were folded in front of him and Sasuke could tell he was working things out.

"They have to be close," Kakashi merely said.

"How do we know that they haven't figured out they were being followed and decided to lead us to some random location," Naruto asked as poked the fire with a stick.

'We don't, but it's the only thing we have to go on right now," Kakashi answered and Naruto's face saddened.

"I can't believe we didn't see this sooner. I can't believe I didn't see this sooner," Naruto said, somberly.

Kakashi moved away from the tree and sat beside Naruto, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I think we've just taken Sakura for granted for so long. We're all guilty of it. But don't blame yourself," Kakashi explained.

"Then whose fault is it?" Naruto asked.

"The bastards who took her," Sasuke said and both Naruto and Kakashi looked at him.

"Yeah, you're right," Naruto said and his face turned into one of determination. "We will get her back."

"Yes, Naruto, we will. Alright, let's get a little sleep. I'll take first watch. I'll alert the two of you if Karin or Gin make any movement," Kakashi said.

Sasuke didn't say anything. He laid down on his blanket and rolled over, facing away from his teammates.

His thoughts drifted to past memories and how he was in this situation. So much had changed so fast and he barely noticed it. But now, as his thoughts jumbled and emotions sitrred, he suddenly felt very uncomfortable and the need to leave this whole situation overwhelmed him. How did he let them suck him back in? He was free-he was gone-he had broken all ties, and yet they somehow were able to keep that small connection with him.

I could leave right now. They wouldn't know until morning. But what about Sakura? She has Naruto and Kakashi coming for her. She'll be fine. I know they'll save her. Yeah-but who will save them? I know these people better than anyone. I have to help. No, wait, I don't have to do anything!

Sasuke felt his anger swell and he jumped up from his spot. He looked down about to grab his bag and run. It was the only thing he knew how to do. It was the only thing he could do. As he grabbed his stuff a voice stopped him. "It won't get any easier if you take that path."

Sasuke turned to see Kakashi sitting on a tree branch, looking down at his book. Sasuke didn't say anything, he just turned back to his stuff, ready to take off. "You think you can just walk away?"

"Yes," Sasuke said, quietly and he could feel Kakashi's eye on his back.

"What makes you think that?" Kakashi questioned.

"I did it once," Sasuke said, still not turning to meet his teacher's face.

"And look where that got you," Kakashi said.

Sasuke turned around, anger flooding his veins. "I don't care what you or anyone think," Sasuke hissed.

Kakashi put down his book, walking over to Sasuke.

"You do, or you wouldn't be here," Kakashi said quietly.

"What do you know?" Sasuke asked, glaring at Kakashi.

"I know more than you think. I may not have seen my family slaughtered by my brother, but my family is dead. My teammates dead. I know what it feels like to be alone, but I also know what it feels like to be cared for and to care for people. I thought I had lost that forever until the day you three walked into my life," Kakashi said. Sasuke didn't say anything-he just listened. "With Naruto's determination and strong-will, with Sakura's love and caring devotion, with your need to learn and exceed, I felt like I had actually belonged. I've grown as your teacher, just as you three have as my students. I only know that I will do anything for you three and that scares me." Sasuke gave Kakashi a shocked look.

Kakashi laughed a little and rubbed the back of his head. "It does, almost so I even wanted to get away. When you left for Orochimaru, Naruto with Jiraya, and Sakura trained under Tsunade, I mssed you three and I retreated to my old self, and I didn't like it. It may be hard to accept or do, but you have to understand that this is growing up and acccepting who you are. This is who you are Sasuke, and it's ok to embrace it. You don't have to worry about getting close to them only to see them taken away from you. I've been through that and it's no way to live. You have to embrace the present and prepare for the future whatever it may be, but you can't be afraid of it. You just can't."

Kakashi put his hand on Sasuke's shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze.

Sasuke looked up at Kakashi. "Is this what it says in those books?" Sasuke asked, smirking.

"Did Sasuke Uchiha just make a joke?" Kakashi said, smiling. Kakashi nodded his head. "Alright, get some sleep. We have to leave early tomorrow."

Sasuke turned and laid down while Kakashi went back to his post.

Sasuke turned over facing away. He let everything Kakashi said sink in. He didn't know yet how he felt but he did know he felt better inside. As he closed his eyes, he didn't feel completely alone. Without thinking, he flipped over, facing Naruto's sleeping form and fell fast asleep, oblivious of the smile Kakashi was giving him.


Sakura sat calmly in the corner of her cell. She knew any moment that they would be by to get her as two days had already passed since the last experiments had been done and Kabuto said she would be healed enough to continue, and he was right. Many of her wounds had sealed, but in the damage underneath the skin was still there.

She couldn't sit anymore. She jumped up and began pacing, trying to think of a plan. She knew that she couldn't escape this cell, they had it sealed up tightly. The only hope she had was that to try and escape sometime when they brought her out, and hopefully before the tests began.

The door slammed open and Sakura jerked her head up. She watched as two shinobi walked in and grabbed each of her arms. She struggled away and with what chakra she had, gathered it all in her right hand. Using every ounce of strength in her body, she punched the one on her left right in the stomach. It was strong enough for him to fall to the ground, and Sakura used the opportunity to break free. Her armed slipped through the man's grip, and she took off out the door, running down the hall as fast as she could muster.

Her body burned with pain as she continued to move. Her wounds were far from being completely healed and several of her bones were still fractured, but she had to continue, that was her only hope.

Round the corner she collided with a body and fell to the ground in a pile of tangled limbs. She turned to see that she had ran into Yuna.

"Yuna!" Sakura exclaimed and Yuna looked at her, then her eyes got wide.

"Miss Sakura, what are you doing?" Yuna asked, pulling herself up off the floor.

"I'm getting out of here. You have to come with me," Sakura said, grabbing Yuna's hand and starting off again. She felt resistance and looked back to see Yuna shaking her head, fear evident in her eyes.

"I can't leave! They'll kill me! They are too strong, we won't make it," Yuna told her, and Sakura's grip tightened.

"Listen to me, Yuna. Sometimes you have to take charge of your destiny. I know that you've been here for a long time, but you don't belong here, you deserve something better," Sakura said to her. "We have to go now, trust me."

Yuna didn't say anything, but she nodded her head, and Sakura smiled. The two women ran down the hall, with Sakura in the lead. She came to a juncture and didn't really know how to go.

Yuna stepped forward. "We need to go this way," she said, and took off to the right. Sakura followed behind her. Suddenly, a group of Sound shinobi came around the corner and jumped them.

Sakura was able to fight some off, and was surprised to see Yuna fighting also. She was fairly strong and kicked a couple of them in the face. Sakura finished off the one she was fighting, and she turned to grab Yuna so they could get back on their way to freedom, but when she did she saw Yuna being held by the throat by one man and another one standing to her left.

"Well, Sakura, you keep running, you might get away, but I will let you know that if you do, we will kill Yuna here," a voice said, and Kabuto came walking down the hall, a smug look on his face.

Sakura cringed and her face scrunched in anger. She was so close, but she couldn't leave Yuna behind. What kind of person would that make her?

"Now, if you come back politely we might actually think about not harming Yuna," Kabuto said and Sakura's fist clenched.

Without hesitation, she began to walk back, and one man grabbed her arm tightly, yanking her forward. She followed behind Kabuto, and Yuna, who was still being held tightly by the neck, as they made their way back to the lab.

I will just have to find another way to get out of here, me and Yuna. I will just have to find another way.




Sasuke, Naruto, and Kakashi hunched behind a rock as they watched Karin and Gin disappear into the cave.

"Alright, let's go, quietly," Kakashi said, and the three men dashed to the entrance.

"When we get inside, we're going to split up and look for Sakura. As soon as you find her, get her and get out, then when you are both far enough away, send in a clone to let the others know the mission is complete, got it?" Kakashi looked and Sasuke and Naruto and they both nodded.

Sasuke felt the anger filling his body and the desperate need to get Sakura back filling his body. They had to get her out of there and he prayed that it wasn't too late.

Kakashi ran in first, and then Sasuke and Naruto, suddenly Kakashi stopped, looked up and fell to the ground. The attack happened so fast, the three of them couldn't react. Sasuke watched as Naruto dropped next. He felt the sharp sting of something hit his neck, bringing his hand up he came in contact with a needle, and he assumed it was poisonous. He pulled it out and let it drop to the ground. He looked up and caught what looked like the glint of glasses.

"Oh sh...," he started to say before he fell to the ground, out cold.