TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Just so everyone knows, this is the point in the story where things are going to start getting a lot darker with many uncomfortable themes. But, I hope everyone knows this since it is an M-rated story.




Salvation

Chapter 19: Entrapment


It had been almost three weeks since the visions had started, and they had only increased in intensity. Currently, Sakura was in her bathroom, curled up in the corner. Sweat poured down her face, mixing with the tears falling freely from her eyes. She probably looked a mess, but at the moment, that was the last thing on her mind.

She thought back to how everything had gotten to this point. Back to the first intense vision when the being had jumped through the glass.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

She remembered waking up with a bad headache and no real recollection of what had occurred. A few hours later, it had all come back to her. She had no cuts on her arms, and even though it all felt so real, she attributed it to her lack of sleep and stress, firmly believing she had a nightmare.

She decided to take a few days off, explaining to everyone she was sick. Naruto, Kakashi, and Sasuke had dropped by to visit her and she waved them off with a cheery smile saying she would get better with some much needed rest. They all seemed to buy her explanation and they went on their way.

The next few days she was vision free, so her assumptions seemed to be correct. It was on the fifth night that Sakura had another alarming vision.

This time she was lying in her bed, trying hard to fall asleep. She was staring at the ceiling, watching her fan go around and around, when suddenly the fan seemed to detach and fly down. She jumped off the bed, panting. When she looked up, the fan was where is should be and she rubbed her eyes. She had heard of this, people having dreams while seemingly awake. She crawled back into bed and turned to the side, staring out her window instead. The room was quiet and she could hear every sound that seemed to reverberate in the room. She watched the wind blow through her cracked window and relished in the fresh air.

Closing her eyes, she felt better about everything and she felt sleep coming. That was when she heard the scratching sounds. She stayed still, listening intently. It sounded just like knives scratching on glass.

Grabbing a kunai out of her dresser, she slipped out of bed and made her way to the window. She listened again, but she couldn't hear the sounds anymore. Slowly, she opened her curtain, preparing herself for anything. Sliding the curtain back, she found herself staring at nothing. Looking around, she caught sight of a branch that was scraping against her neighbors window. Sighing, Sakura wiped the sweat from her forehead. "Get a grip, Sakura," Sakura said to herself.

Turning back to her bed, she walked over, sliding the kunai into the drawer. Just as she was about to step back into her bed, something grabbed her ankle, pulling her hard to the ground. Sakura screamed as she kicked her leg, trying hard to free herself from her grasp. The grip was tight and Sakura could feel nails digging into her flesh. She felt the warm sensation of blood flowing out of her leg. She tried to pump her chakra into her leg to increase her strength, but just like the last time, it wouldn't work. The grip only got stronger before she was yanked under the bed, hitting her head hard on the side causing her to fall unconscious.

The next morning she had awoken on her bed. Sakura couldn't believe she was having that strong of nightmares. As she started to get ready to meet her team, she noticed a small gash on her forehead. "That's weird," she thought aloud. Wiping the dried blood, she healed the wound immediately, leaving behind unblemished skin. Sakura smirked at herself. "Man, I must have hit my head last night when I was dreaming," Sakura said aloud, shaking her head.

As she continued to get ready, she was about to put on her sandals when she saw deep gashes in her ankle. Wait, that happened in my dream too. What is going on? Sakura healed the bruise and decided she would put it behind her for now, but she would go and see Tsunade after training today, to get her expertise on the subject.

&&&&

"I think you're just really stressed out, Sakura," Tsunade began. Currently she was standing beside Sakura in her office, both staring out the window at the children playing below. "And who could blame you? With everything that's happened lately I'd be surprised if you weren't being affected in some way."

Sakura nodded her head. This was why she could also trust Tsunade, she always had a way of making her feel better. "How are things coming with the reconciliation of Team 7?"

"Good. Naruto and Sasuke still fight like crazy, and considering we've only had D-ranked missions, they have a lot of extra energy and time to waste. They usually use that time to spar, but other times it seems to me like they really are trying to kill each other," Sakura explained and Tsunade chuckled.

"Well, then things to be back to normal," Tsunade said. Placing a hand on Sakura's shoulder, she turned to her and Sakura looked Tsunade in the eyes. "I'm sure everything's all right. How about you take some sleeping medication, just enough to help you for a little while, and you'll be better in no time."

Sakura nodded her head. "Thank you, Tsunade-sama. I'd better get back to the hospital," Sakura said before leaving the Hokage's office feeling much better about her situation.

&&&&

It didn't help. Sakura took the medication, but the nightmares continued. Sakura didn't want to bother Tsunade again. Tsunade might just have to take me off missions completely and out of the hospital and I don't want to be useless and stay home for some stupid nightmares. Even though she knew this was more than nightmares, she couldn't really proof it.

Every night she saw the being, and every night she incurred some sort of injury to her body. She healed it easily every morning, but soon the injuries started to become more severe. Once she had deep gashes through the middle of her chest. She healed them, expertly like always, but this time she couldn't hide the scar that remained. It would take a few years before those would go away. She was glad that the scars were in a place that was easily hidden.

That didn't last long though. One night, she was hit so hard in her back. This time, the being had burned her, and a deep burn went from the top of her shoulder to the bottom of her back. She healed it again, but burns were a little tougher, and it would take time before it would heal completely.

She hid it well, making sure her shirt covered every part, but she was sloppy, and at one point she used her shirt to wipe her sweat, which caused it to ride up slightly, and Sasuke saw the offending wound.

He had confronted her about it. "Sakura, where did you get that wound on your back?" Sasuke asked, eyeing her and Sakura laughed a little, rubbing her head, awkwardly.

"I've been doing some training on my own lately, and I was trying a new jutsu, and it didn't go so well," Sakura lied and Sasuke watched her.

"This is why you shouldn't train alone," Sasuke stated.

"Well, I don't do it much, just ever so often," Sakura answered and Sasuke crossed his arms over his chest.

"If you want to train just come and find me," Sasuke said and Sakura smiled.

"I've been trying to get you to train with me for years. If I knew a small burn would make you do it, then I would have burnt myself a long time ago," Sakura joked, but Sasuke wasn't laughing.

"That's not a small burn and self-inflicted pain isn't funny," Sasuke said and Sakura felt her face fall. She felt like a little kid being branded by her father.

"I'm sorry," Sakura said, feeling somewhat ashamed.

"Why haven't you healed it yet?" Sasuke asked and Sakura looked at him.

"I did, but burns are a little harder to manage. It will take a few days, but eventually it will go away and I'll be good as new," Sakura explained and Sasuke nodded his head, leaving things alone. Sakura felt her breath exhale as he walked away, but she knew she had to be better at hiding her wounds.

&&&&

It was getting harder and harder for Sakura to hide her problems. She kept the wounds under control, but her mind was starting to go crazy. She was jittery and on edge. She said sentences over and over again, stuttering words. She didn't smile anymore and there were dark circles under her eyes.

As she worked missions, she began to feel like she was being torn in tow, both physically and mentally. She took one day at a time, but things were not easy.

She could tell that people were noticing her awkwardness as Naruto, Kakashi, and Sasuke eyed her during missions, the hospital staff kept telling her to go home and rest, and everyone else she conversed with kept asking her what was wrong.

She had taken to sitting by the lake, watching the ripples in the water and the reflection of the moon as a way to escape. Here, she didn't have any dreams and she felt safe and sane.

"Sakura," a voice said, jarring her from her thoughts. She knew it was Sasuke without even turning around. She didn't acknowledge him and she listened as his footfalls came closer until he was standing next to her. He didn't say anything as he took a seat beside her. They sat like that for a few minutes before Sasuke coughed a little, telling Sakura he was about to speak.

"What's been going on?" Sasuke asked and Sakura closed her eyes. She really didn't want to get into this right now. She thought she had gotten him off of her case.

"Nothing, Sasuke," Sakura said, making sure not to look at him.

"I know something is going on. You hardly ever speak, you never smile, and you don't call me Sasuke-kun anymore," Sasuke said and Sakura didn't make any movement to let him know she was listening. "You're not yourself. So, I'll ask again: What is going on?"

Sakura shook her head, pulling her legs into her chest and resting her chin on her knees. "Really, nothing is going on. I'm fine," Sakura said.

"Listen, I know something is wrong. I've been watching you lately. You're on edge, you have strange wounds on your body. Is someone," Sasuke started to say, before stopping. Sakura perked up, waiting for him to finish his sentence. "Is someone hurting you?"

Sakura almost let out a few tears as her emotions welled up. Sasuke's concern for her made her heart swell. She almost laughed at the irony. He was finally reaching out and she just couldn't let him get close. Not now, not when she was like this and something was haunting her dreams. Sasuke had nightmares of his own, she just couldn't let him be burdened with hers.

Sakura turned and looked at Sasuke, giving him a half smile. "No, no one is hurting me. I promise you that. I've just been really stressed lately. Tsunade told me I should take a week off and go to the neighboring bath house, but I just don't want to leave all of my responsibilities," Sakura told him. She wasn't lying to him, she just wasn't telling him the whole truth.

"You know, you would be more irresponsible to not take some time off. How can you give people like your teammates and your patients, your best when you're not at your best?" Sasuke reasoned and Sakura smiled. It was just like Sasuke to point out the obvious.

Sakura nodded her head. "You're probably right," Sakura told him and Sasuke smirked.

"You're not the only smart one around here," Sasuke said and Sakura chuckled.

"You, smart? Right," Sakura said, laughing a little. She hit him slightly in the arm and Sasuke actually cracked a smile.

"Seriously though, you should take a break. I think you've earned it. No one would think any differently of you," Sasuke told her.

"I don't think I've earned anything," Sakura admitted, looking back over the lake. She felt a hand on top of her own. Looking down, she saw that Sasuke had placed his on top of hers, gripping it slightly. Sakura looked up and found Sasuke looking directly into her eyes.

"Sakura, you've earned more than you could ever know. You've earned my respect, Naruto's respect, and every other villager in this place. You should be proud of yourself. Naruto and Kakashi are so proud of you. And that goes for me too. You give so much of yourself to everyone else first, never thinking of yourself. You remind me so much of my mother," Sasuke admitted and Sakura couldn't help the few tears that leaked out of her eyes at his words. Sasuke never opened up to her, and for him to be saying these things to her now made her feel important and special.

"Thank you, Sasuke-kun," Sakura said and Sasuke nodded his head. He released her hand and stood up, offering his hand to her. She gave it to him and he pulled her up. "Come on, I'll walk you home. And tomorrow, you head out for a week. Don't worry, I'll let everyone know, so just have a relaxing week and come back refreshed and renewed."

"Alright, I will. Thanks again, Sasuke-kun," Sakura said once more. As they walked to her house Sakura didn't miss the fact that he never let go of her hand.

&&&&&&

She had left for the bath house early the next morning, trusting Sasuke in telling everyone where she had gone and that she would be back in one week.

She thought with rest and relaxation the dreams would stop, but she was completely wrong. The dreams seemed to intensify and this led her to now, curled up in the corner of the bathroom in the room she was renting for the week. It was only the first day, the first day, and she had witnessed different visions throughout the day.

She rocked back and forth, muttering to herself, trying hard to drown out the noises that came from the behind the locked door. The being had crawled through her window, crawling over to her. Sakura tried to fight back, but she couldn't use any of her chakra, just like every other time. She was kicked, punched, and scratched. She was able to scramble to the bathroom, locking the door behind her.

She tried to cover her ears but she couldn't drown out the sounds. It was like something was scratching at the door and she heard her name whispered over and over again.

Sakura felt like she had no way out. What was she going to do. She wanted to find a way out, but her mind was gone. She was on the breaking point and this was going to push her over the edge. Even though back in Konoha she still had the dreams, at least she knew that Naruto, Tsunade, Kakashi, and Sasuke were all there and she could go to them if she absolutely had to, but here, she was alone. She had no one and she had no way out. She was trapped. She had never been more frightened in her whole life. Even when she had been captured by Kin and Saizo. At least there, she could stand some chance and fight her way out, but how could she fight something she couldn't even touch. It was as if it didn't exist.

Suddenly, the door jerked, breaking inward a little. Sakura held her legs to her as she watched the door closely. Just then she saw something start to come under the door. It was a hand. It was flattened and it slid under the door, followed by another one. Suddenly she could see hair and Sakura began to panic. The being was sliding under the door. It was as thin as paper, but once a part cleared the door, it reformed back to its usual shape.

Sakura watched as the being slid toward her. She couldn't take her eyes off of it. It suddenly flew into her face and Sakura screamed, she didn't even notice as a hand reached around, covering her mouth with a cloth. Sakura struggled, but it was no use. In a matter of seconds she was floating in a world of black.

&&&&&&&

"Where is Sakura-chan? Isn't she supposed to be back today?" Naruto complained. Sasuke rolled his eyes, sick of listening to him complain. The two were at their usual meeting place, waiting for Kakashi to arrive. Sasuke too couldn't help but think where Sakura was. The last he had seen her she was walking into her house. He had told everyone she was taking a break for a week, and today was a week exactly. He also knew Sakura wasn't one to be late, she would feel too guilty about being away for too long. Maybe she decided to take a few more days.

Sasuke found himself hoping he was wrong. He was surprised to find he actually missed Sakura while she was away and he wished she wasn't gone for a whole week. He couldn't lie to himself anymore. He was fond of Sakura. She was his best friend, besides Naruto, and the one person he could probably tell anything too because she would never judge him. He had told himself that when she got back he would make a point of spending more time with her.

"Hello Naruto and Sasuke-kun," a voice said and Sasuke turned to face the person who had spoken, but when he turned he almost fell over. Sakura was walking toward them, but it wasn't the Sakura he knew. Her hair was jet black and she had changed her outfit. No longer was she wearing her red shirt over her shorts. Now she was wearing a completely black outfit with long sleeves and pants that cut off at the mid-calf.

"What the hell? Sakura-chan?" Naruto shouted and Sasuke had the same exact thoughts. When Sakura walked up, she stopped in front of them.

"What?" she said and Naruto ran up to her, grabbing her by the shoulders.

"What do you mean, what?" Naruto shouted. "What did you do to your hair? And your clothes?"

Sakura looked down at her outfit and smiled. "Oh, this?" Sakura said, pulling at her newly dyed hair. "I decided to try something new."

"Why?" Naruto asked and Sasuke was thankful Naruto was asking all the questions he was thinking.

"I just needed a change. I'm still me, just with different hair and clothes," she said. She looked at Sasuke, giving him a smile. She walked over to him, standing so close Sasuke felt a little uncomfortable. She looked into his eyes. "I was told to come back renewed."

"That's not what I meant, and you know it, Sakura," Sasuke said, finally speaking. He watched her as she laughed.

"I know, but it's not like I'm some evil person now. I'm still Sakura underneath. I've just discovered why I was so stressed out. I needed to start opening up more. I'm sick of being little miss nice girl. I'm just going to be me and I'm going to live life. For now on, life is an open door," Sakura explained and Sasuke shook his head.

While he wouldn't ever believe this was actually Sakura, he couldn't deny it. It was her chakra. Maybe she did need a change. Its like she said, she just changed her hair and clothes, not who she is inside.

Sudden movement caused all of them to turn around. This gave Sasuke a chance to step away from Sakura, as she was crowding him. He looked at Kakashi as he waved at them.

"Whoa, Sakura, black hair and clothes?" Kakashi said. He looked down at his book before smiling. "Have you been reading my book because I just read this part where a girl with black hair and black clothes showed up in this boy's room and started to blow," Kakashi started to say, but he was interrupted by his three students.

"Yuck!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Stop!" Sasuke shouted.

"My ears!" Naruto cried.

Kakashi looked around at all of them. "What?" he said and the three looked at him.

"Look, keep your pervert stories to yourself," Sasuke said, before turning to Naruto and Sakura. "Let's go train." Sakura and Naruto nodded their heads, both looking back giving Kakashi a weird face, before following after Sasuke.

"I don't get it. I was only going to tell them she started to blow up balloons for a party," Kakashi said to himself before shrugging his shoulders and walking after the rest of his team.

&&&&&&&&&

Sakura awoke to find her muscles sore. She tried to move, but she couldn't. Looking up, she saw her hands were shackled above her head. A chain was connected to the shackles that hooked into the ceiling. She couldn't feel the ground below her. Looking down, she saw she was almost two feet above the ground.

Sakura tried not to panic as she took in her surroundings. She was in a small, dirty cell. There were no windows and only one door that was located across from her. Sakura could tell it was made from very heavy metal, probably steel. She could see the small lines of chakra running through it. So it's chakra-infused. They obviously don't want me getting out. She tried to use her chakra to break free from the shackles, but nothing was happening. When she inspected them, she could see the small lines of chakra running through them also. She wasn't getting out of this.

She thought back to what happened before she lost consciousness. What happened? Where is the being? What is it doing with me? What is going on? Sakura's mind shouted.

She struggled, trying anything to get out of the entrapment, but it was futile.

She didn't know what to do. With everything that had happened to her in the past three weeks and now this, she couldn't contain her anger. Resulting in the only thing she could do at the moment, she opened her mouth, taking a long breath, and let out an ear-piercing scream.

&&&&&&&&&&&&

A/N: I'm sorry if this chapter seems rushed, but I could spend twenty chapters leading up to this moment, and I just felt like it was pointless story-telling, since it would be repetitive, so making an executive decision, I decided to condense it all into one chapter with cut up scenes. I hope everyone understands what is going on, at least part of what you should understand now. There is a lot still left to cover in this story, and a lot more will be revealed in the next few chapters.