TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Salvation

Chapter 18: Visionary

Sasuke leaned against the bridge in the most foulest of moods. He scowled. He groaned. He glared. He did everything he could with his face to express his clear disdain-but he swore it wasn't enough. What he really wanted to do was hit something-actually someone in particular. The "subject" was currently sitting on the ground, across from Sasuke. He acted like the only one around and Sasuke hated him even more for it.

This "it" had a name-Sai-but Sasuke liked the name he had come up with: Rent-A-Ninja. Especially as he repeated it over and over again in his mind. Who was this guy, anyway? His replacement? He was the one who was supposed to act as Sakura and Naruto's teammate? And if Sakura thought he had a metrosexual complex, what about this freak? Cut off shirt, stupid haircut, cheesy smile-what the hell? And people think I'm gay?

Sasuke wanted to beat him up-wanted to shout profanities-wanted to do anything to wipe that stupid smirk that crossed Rent-A-Ninja's face.

But, he knew if he did that it would only anger Sakura and Naruto. And while, he really didn't care if he angered them-he wasn't in any sort of mood to deal with their loud mouths. So, he went back to scowling, groaning, and glaring-while he waited for Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi to arrive.

&&&&&&&&&&

"Good Morning," Sakura said, waving and smiling as she approached the bridge. She could feel the tension in the air between Sai and Sasuke. She almost wanted to run home and grab a knife-just to see if she could actually cut it.

Getting closer, she debated on who to go stand beside, and while she wanted to speak with Sai and catch up, she knew it would only make Sasuke mad. And truth be told, she just cared more about Sasuke.

Taking a breath, she stopped beside Sasuke. "Hi, Sasuke-kun," Sakura began. He nodded in her direction and she turned to Sai. "Hey Sai."

He looked up and smiled at her. He had his sketchbook laid out and he was painting random things. "Hey hag," Sai said and Sakura just smiled. She had gotten used to his names and they didn't bother her anymore, because she knew, deep down, he was genuinely a good guy.

"So, Sasuke-kun, how was your first night at your newly furnished apartment?" Sakura asked, trying hard to break the tension.

Sasuke didn't look at her, he was still busy glaring at Sai, as he said: "Fine."

Sakura could tell Sasuke was not in the mood to speak, so she turned away and walked closer to the ledge. Leaning over, she watched the steady stream of the lake. She could see her rippled reflection in the water, along with the reflection of Sasuke's back.

As she stared, the image seemed to almost come alive. It looked as if her reflection was smiling at her. What? Sakura rubbed her eyes, thinking maybe her lack of sleep was affected her vision. When she looked back, her reflection had now moved-it turned and with sickening speed raised a knife and stabbed Sasuke's reflection in the back. Sakura couldn't hold back the scream that emitted from her moth as she pushed herself away from the ledge. Panting, she heard someone call her name. Looking over, she found Sasuke and Sai staring at her, intently.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke questioned.

Sakura quickly debated whether or not she should tell them or keep quiet. Deciding it was best not to say anything she shook her head.

"It's nothing. I just saw a snake down there," Sakura told them, giving a shy smile as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Hn," Sasuke said and Sai looked at her.

"Only you would be scared of a snake, hag," Sai said and Sakura just smiled.

They both seemed to by her explanation as Sai went back to drawing and Sasuke went back to scowling.

What was that? Was that real? It had to of been because of my lack of sleep. It's the only logical conclusion. Still, that image, really startled me.

She was drawn from her thoughts by the loud arrival of Naruto and for once she could actually say she was happy he had to be so loud and obnoxious. Greeting Naruto, she pushed the image out of her thoughts for now, later she'd have to really evaluate what was wrong.

&&&&&&&&&&&

Kakashi arrived only moments after Naruto, which surprised all of them.

"Yo," Kakashi began, waving as he sat perched on the ledge of the bridge.

"Since you know that Sasuke is back and has taken a spot into Team 7, that leaves a problem for you Sai. I've taken it upon myself to speak with Yamato on the matter and he agrees with what I have to say," Kakashi said, looking over at Sai. "Sai, you will not work under Yamato, but you both will continue to assist us when necessary."

Sasuke wasn't all that happy with the fact that Rent-A-Ninja would still be around, but at least he was semi-happy that he wouldn't always be around.

"Today, Sai, you may do whatever you want. You can help with our mission or go do what you want," Kakashi said and Sai didn't say anything as he grabbed his stuff and left the area.

Sasuke couldn't help the smile that came across his face as he watched him leave. He turned to Kakashi. "So, what's our mission?" Sasuke asked and Naruto jumped up.

"Yeah, what do we gotta do today! It better be important!" Naruto exclaimed and Kakashi just shook his head.

"Now, Naruto, what have I always told you? Every mission is important, no matter how small," Kakashi began and Sasuke saw Sakura role her eyes.

"So, what lame job are we doing today?" Sakura asked and Kakashi scratched his head.

"Mrs. Nakamura needs her fence painted, so that's our mission today," Kakashi said. "So, you three head on over there and get started. The sooner you're done, the sooner you can leave."

"What about you?" Sasuke asked and Kakashi smiled under his mask.

"Sorry guys, but I'm late for something," Kakashi exclaimed before disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

Sasuke shook his head and looked over at Naruto and Sakura. "Well, let's get this over with," Sakura said, leading the way, the other two following behind.


&&&&&&&&&&&

Sakura continued to scrub her hands, trying hard to get the white paint off of her. It had only taken them a few hours to paint the fence, speed comes with a price, which included paint in her hair, on her clothes, and everywhere else in between.

Bending down, she looked at her clothes and decided it was best if she just threw them out. The paint was not going to come out anyway.

Glancing up, she caught her reflection and noticed something odd. The "her" in the mirror wasn't mimicking her actions, but rather staring straight at Sakura. Her reflection smiled, the same sinister smile she had seen earlier, before pulling out a knife and making deep cuts in her arms.

Looking at her hands, she had large gashes on her wrists. The sink quickly filled with red blood. She immediately put her hand over her arm to heal herself, but nothing happened. Sakura became frantic as she tried again and again to use her medical skills, but her chakra would not form.

Grabbing a towel, she wrapped it around her wrists to stop the blood flow. She could tell she had lost a lot of blood, as she began to feel woozy.

Looking up, she watched her reflection laugh at her turmoil, before suddenly becoming somber. Staring into her eyes, Sakura could feel the evilness and darkness within them.

Before she knew what was happening, her reflection leapt forward, hand busting through the glass, gripping her neck in a vice-like hold. Sakura struggled, trying to pull free, but it was no use. Sakura felt time slow down and she even watched as pieces of the shattered glass floated by her, hanging in the air like decorations. She looked up at her reflection, but this time, it wasn't herself. The reflection had black hair, and strange tattoo like markings along her arms. Sakura couldn't make out any of them, but she could tell they were from some old, dark magic. She tried to twist free again, but the grip only became stronger. She was jerked closer to the evil being, close enough to where Sakura could feel its breath on her ear.

"I see you now," the being whispered in her ear before throwing Sakura across the hallway. Sakura could feel the blackness taking her as she struggled to keep her eyes open. The last thing she saw was the being laughing before she slipped into the unknown.