TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
So sorry for the long wait. Life is catching up to me. But, I'm back and hopefully I'll be back to updating this story every week!


Salvation

Chapter 15: Revelations


“You did WHAT?” Tsunade shouted as she quickly stood from her chair, putting a large dent into the top of her desk. She was seething with anger and Sakura could only hide her fear. She knew Tsunade was going to be mad at her for what she did, but this type of rage was above Tsunade’s normal anger level.

Sakura currently stood before her with Sasuke, Naruto, and Hinata. They had only been in Konoha for a few minutes before being called to the Hokage’s tower.

Sakura slumped back a little as Tsunade glared at the four of them.

“Besides the fact that you specfically disobeyed my orders about not going, you injected the vial that I told you needed to be tested first!” Tsunade almost screamed.

“Tsunade-sama, I’m sorry, but I don’t regret either decision,” Sakura began and Tsunade eyed her angrily. “I respect you, you know that, but this is something I had to do!”

“But the vial, Sakura?” Tsunade questioned, and Sakura tried to explain.

“It was a spur of the moment decsion I had to make and it might not have been the best choice, but it was the right choice,” Sakura told her.

“But you don’t know the side effects!” Tsunade said.

“I don’t care about that. Sas-,” Sakura began, but stopped herself. Now was not the time to express concerns for Sasuke. “My teammate was in trouble and I had to help, regardless of what could happen to me.” Sakura stood, completely resolved about what she had done. She knew she would have done the exact same thing if she had to do it over again.

Tsunade didn’t say anything, instead she just shook her head. Sakura could feel the disappointment in the air.

“And what about you three?” Tsunade asked.

“They had nothing to do with it,” Sakura said and Tsunade looked at her.

“Sakura, now is not the time to speak,” Tsunade said and Sakura looked down, ashamed.

“Hinata, since you aided Sakura in her escape,” Tsunade began and Sakura began to feel bad. She was about to speak up again, but Tsunade shot her a look and Sakura shut her mouth. “You are on probation for one month. No missions for that period. Understood?”

“Yes, Hokage-sama,” Hinata said weakly.

“Alright, you may go,” Tsunade said and Hinata turned to leave. Sakura caught her eye before she left and Sakura mouthed the words: “I’m sorry.” Hinata just shook her head and left quietly.

“Naruto, since ultimately the mission was a success and you didn’t have a real role in helping Sakura, you’re free to go. However, I want a full-detailed report on my desk tomorrow morning, 6AM sharp,” Tsunade said and Naruto nodded. He gave Sakura an encouraging smile before leaving.

“Uchiha, since you went on the mission like you were asked and it did succeed, I will take this into consideration about your punishment. You are free to go and stay where you like, but you have to report to me at 9AM, then I will tell you your punishment,” Tsunade explained. She turned around, and looked out the window. “Uchiha, take your leave.”

Sakura looked over at Sasuke. He didn’t smile like Naruto or mouth anything to her, he just looked into her eyes, as if trying to convey some hidden meaning. He turned away from her and began to walk out, but before he left, in a very un-like Sasuke move, he laid his hand upon her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. Sakura felt her heartbeat acclerate a little at the contact, but she did feel a sense of calm flow through her body. Before she knew it, he was gone and she was left alone with the one person she respected and feared the most.

“I hope you understand the full consequences of your actions,” Tsunade began, still not looking at Sakura. “From now on you are hereby suspended from going on missions.”

Sakura’s eyes widened at that. “But Tsunade-sama,” Sakura began but Tsunade turned around, staring into her eyes.

“No, Sakura, no excuses. You will take your punishment like a true kunoichi. I’m sorry to say that you have also lost my trust.”

Sakura let her head down, trying hard to hold back the tears that threatened to fall.

“Listen Sakura,” Tsunade began, her anger slowly ebbing away. “I hope you know why I’m doing this. It’s for your own good. Now, I want you to go to the hospital and have as many tests done as you can. This is Orochimaru we’re talking about. Nothing good can come from it.”

Sakura felt small and insignificant at the moment. She let Tsunade down and she couldn’t remember a time when that had happened. “What do I do now that I can’t go on missions?” Sakura asked.

Tsunade lowered herself into her chair, placing her hands under her chin. She looked defeated and Sakura really didn’t know why.

“You are to report to the hospital five days a week and work there as needed. Once I feel that you have earned the right to, I will send you on a D-ranked mission and you shall work up from there,” Tsunade answered. She didn’t meet Sakura’s eyes directly and Sakura knew that this hurt Tsunade just as much as her.

“Alright, I understand,” Sakura said.

“You may go,” Tsunade replied and Sakura turned around.

“Yes, Hokage-sama,” Sakura said. It felt weird to talk to Tsunade so formely.

Sakura left the room, shutting the door behind her, but she didn’t leave. She rested her head against the door, trying to comprehend all that had just transpired. Just as Sakura was about to leave she heard a glass break inside the room. She listened closely to what was going on. She could hear the sound of Tsunade crying. Sakura couldn’t believe that Tsunade was showing such care and emotion.

“I’m sorry, Sakura,” she heard Tsunade say and Sakura could feel the tears flowing down her cheeks. She turned around and whispered, “I’m sorry too, Tsunade-sama.” Sakura wiped her cheeks and headed down the hallway.


********************************************************

Sasuke sat against the rail of the bridge, looking down at the crisp water blue. He watched his reflection ripple under the slight breeze. His thoughts were all jumbled at the moment. He thought about where he wanted to stay, should he go back to the Uchiha district, or should he just purchase an apartment. Naruto had suggested he stay with him, but Sasuke immediately turned that down. He couldn’t fathom the thought of having to stay with Naruto longer than he really had to.

He also thought about what Tsunade would decide for his punishment. He couldn’t lie to himself and say he wasn’t worried.

He also couldn’t keep his mind from drifting to the encounter he had this morning in the Hokage’s office. He had no idea what Sakura’s punishment was, but he had a feeling it wasn’t good. He actually expected for her to come crying to him, expressing her feelings and hoping for some kind of consolence.

At least, that’s what the Sakura he used to know would do, but she had not done that, which really showed him how much she had changed. Not only her, but Naruto also. When he was younger, he would have yelled at the Hokage, expressing his distaste with the punishment she gave out to Hinata, but today he did not protest. Naruto has a newfound respect for the Hokage, I see. I missed alot while I was away.

Sasuke stood up, not really having any destination in mind, began walking. As he started down the path, he caught sight of Kakashi leaning against the tree, his head buried in a book. Sasuke, however, wasn’t fooled. He knew Kakashi had purposely waited for him, and Sasuke was curious as to what Kakashi had up his sleeve.

“Hm, don’t try and act like you’re reading, what do you want?” Sasuke muttered, his voice monotone as he passed right by Kakashi, continuinig on his path.

“Can’t I see how my former student is faring?” Kakashi asked, and Sasuke shook his head.

He stopped and looked back at Kakashi who had not moved from his original position. “What is it?” Sasuke pressed. He wasn’t in the mood for Kakashi’s games today.

Kakashi stood up from his position, putting his book to his side. Sasuke looked him over, and although he did seem exactly the same, there was one major difference in his former teacher’s appearance, and that was the look in his eye. Sasuke was never that good at reading people when he was younger, as his only real concern was of himself and his revenge, but as he grew older, he learned to read people, and most people could tell you everything just by looking into their eyes. Sasuke still wasn’t all that good at it, but he would say he could read Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi fairly well since he knew them three the best. His former teacher was very good about hiding his emotions, not only through his actions, but also by the mask on his face and the forehead protector dileberatley hiding his one eye.

But Sasuke knew Kakashi could switch gears with the drop of a hat. He could go from comedic to serious, and also from seemingly nonchalant, to a caring person.

Looking into Kakashi’s eye he could read a few things. One was definitely sadness and grief, no doubt from all that he had lost throughout the years, another was lonlieness, which was very prominent and also something Sasuke could always relate too. There was something else, but Sasuke couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was.

He was suddenly drawn from his thoughts when Kakashi said, “So, I heard the mission went well.”

“I guess so,” Sasuke replied.

“Tsunade explained to me what happened. I suppose you know what sort of danger Sakura put herself in,” Kakashi said, walking a little closer. If Kakashi was trying to make him feel bad for Sakura, it wasn’t going to work.

Even though it was hard to admit, Sasuke did feel guilty for what happened. He should have been strong enough to stop Orochimaru on his own, rather than having Sakura risk her life to help him. When was he ever going to get strong? When was he going to be able to stop being so fucking weak?

“No need to get defensive Sasuke, I was only pointing out something. I know Sakura is old enough to make her own decision, and the consequences are hers to bare, but I want you to realize how much those two care about you. They’ll never stop being there for you, and they wouldn’t hesitate to lay down their lives for you. I remember one time when you would do the same,” Kakashi explained. He walked over to Sasuke and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I just hope you can learn to have that type of relationship with them again. They deserve it for all that they have been through.”

Sasuke couldn’t help the anger that was filling him, nor could he help the words that flowed from his mouth. “Well, what about me? I didn’t ask them to be like that! And I’ve changed. It’s stupid to live for someone other than yourself!” Sasuke shouted, shoving Kakashi’s hand off of him.

Kakashi shook his head. “Sasuke, you have to learn to grow up, you have to understand that to be a true ninja, to gain true strength, you have to learn to stop being selfish. That’s what love is Sasuke, unselfish. You can love many in various ways. Naruto loves you as a brother and Sakura loves you in another way. That’s how they feel, and I know they will never change. What you have to realize is that you can’t take that for granted. Trust me when I tell you this, you will regret it when they’re gone.”

Sasuke turned around, anger still flowing in his veins. He heard Kakashi, and he knew it was the truth, but it was hard to absorb. He had lived a certain way for so long, it was going to take time to change, and to be honest, he didn’t know if he really wanted to change.

“Listen Sasuke, the last time we had a talk I tied you to a tree, and yet you still didn’t listen. You abandoned this village, and you abandoned team seven. Not many people get a chance to change things, but you have. You’ve been given another chance and I suggest you take it,” Kakashi explained.

Sasuke didn’t turn around to acknowledge Kakashi. He couldn’t for sake of his pride, but he had heard what he said, and he was listening to it. Before he knew it, Kakashi was in front of him. He had moved his forehead protector up, exposing both of his eyes.

Sasuke looked into them, and was amazed at what he saw. Looking back at him wasn’t a regular Sharingan eye like before, instead staring at him was the Mangekyo Sharingan. Something Kakashi should not have been able to achieve. Sasuke was stunned.

“This Sasuke, is what you can achieve. In this village the impossible happens. A young kid, who was ostricized by everyone, hated by everyone, who had barely any ninja talent has become a great candidate for Hokage. A young girl, with only limited skills, a bad temper, and an obsession became a the Hokage’s apprentice, and the second most skilled medic-nin in this village, and a regular anbu ninja with only a borrowed Sharingan in one eye learned a skill that only a prominent bloodline family was meant to have,” Kakashi explained. Sasuke couldn’t move from his spot as he continued to stare into Kakashi’s eyes. “This Sasuke is what someone can accomplish in Konoha, along with his friends, his family that care for him and stick by him no matter what. Strength is in bonds Sasuke, strength is in friendship, and once you learn this you will truly become a the great ninja I know you can be.”

Sasuke again didn’t say anything. He finally broke eye contact with Kakashi and looked down. He had alot to think about and he wondered how he could handle it all.

“Now, enough with that,” Kakashi said, and Sasuke looked up to see that Kakashi’s eye was now covered again, and his mask hid a smirk. This was one thing he could never understand about Kakashi, his ease of changing emotions. “How about we head into town. I’m sure there are plenty of open apartments we can look at. You gotta get one with a big kitchen so you can cook Team 7 some nice meals so we don’t have to have our weekly dinner of ramen all the time.”

Sasuke still didn’t say anything, but he smirked at Kakashi and began walking beside him, heading into town.

“Maybe while we’re there you can by some editions of the Icha Icha Paradise series. You need some good reading,” Kakashi began, holding the book up in front of Sasuke’s face. Sasuke pushed the book away from him.

“I don’t need that perverted stuff,” Sasuke said and Kakashi laughed.

“Oh yeah, I forgot, you have such a great love life. So, how’s Naruto doing anyway?” Kakashi said with a laugh, before being knocked to the ground by Sasuke’s fist.

****************************

Sakura walked out of the hospital, heading in no particular direction. She had just had about every test possible done on her. Everything seemed to be fine with her, but they still had to run some tests on her blood.

Sakura felt fine, but she could understand Tsunade's concern. This was Orochimaru they were talking about, there was never anything good that could come from him.

Sakura continued to walk along. She wasn't in any mood to go home at the moment.

She thought about many things, about the days events, and the serious risks she had taken. They were risks, but they were necessary. I would do it again in a second if I had to.

Sakura had to keep thinking that she had done the right thing, or else too many ifs would begin to form in her mind.

"Miss Sakura," she heard someone call, and she turned around to see a small girl running up to her.

"Mya," Sakura said, hugging the small girl.

Mya was a young genin, who reminded Sakura of herself. She had strong chakra control, and a sense for the medical ninjutsu. Sakura would often talk to her about her studies and other various things. The girl was really cute, she was only twelve, but she had so much potential and she was exceptionally smart.

The girl was small, like Sakura was at twelve. She had brown hair that stopped a little past her shoulders. She wore her forehead protector across her forehead, which always reminded her of Naruto because, like him, she never took it off. She had bright, hazel eyes which sparkled with a sense of innocence that Sakura only wished she could have again.

"What are you doing out, Mya?" Sakura asked and Mya looked up.

"We're on a mission looking for a lost dog," Mya answered, with great enthusiasm.

Sakura smiled at her. "Well, that's good Mya. Have you been keeping up with your medical training?"

Mya nodded her head. "Yes, I've been practicing everyday. I'm definitely not as good as you, but I will be one day!"

Sakura laughed. "I firmly believe that Mya."

"Miss Sakura, I'm glad that you're ok. I heard about your mission and I was worried about you," Mya explained.

"Mya, you have no reason to be worried about me. Believe it or not, I'm a strong shinobi," Sakura answered. Even this little girl thought she was too weak for a mission.

"Of course you are, Miss Sakura, that's not what I mean. Even if the person is the strongest person in the world, if they are someone you care about you're going to worry about them. Don't you feel like that about certain people too, like Naruto-kun?" Mya said and Sakura stood, stunned. This little girl brought up a good point. She never thought about it like that. She never thought about the fact that people worried about her or didn't want her to go on missions because she was weak, but because they cared about her. She felt the same about Naruto, Kakashi, and of course, Sasuke. She knew the three of them were formidable ninjas and could certainly handle themselves, but that didn't mean she didn't worry about them whenever they were away from her.

"Mya, come on!" a voice yelled, and Sakura looked back to see two young boys standing by a tree. She recognized them immediately as Mya's two teammates, Shin and Koga.

"I'm coming," Mya yelled back, before looking at Sakura.

"Those two, they just can't do anything without me!" Mya said.

Sakura laughed a the comment. "Well, you better get going but how about you come over my house on Saturday and we'll practice some more medical training?"

"Yes, I would love that!" Mya answered. "Bye Miss Sakura!" Mya waved as she turned around and headed back to her team. Sakura watched as the two boys immediately began talking to her and running off to their sensei. Sakura couldn't help but think of Naruto and Sasuke. If only they were like that, things would have been alot simpler. Yeah, but I wouldn't trade either of them for anything.

Sakura felt her stomach rumble a bit and she decided to head back to her apartment for something to eat. It was going to be a tough couple of months, but she would tough it out because that was what a kunoichi did. They persevered, and she wouldn't let a little bout of probation stop her from being the best kunoichi she could.