TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa,
Chapter #29: "Time to Regroup: At the Namitora at last!"
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity

Ai Asagiri stood outside the Namitora, just as a cloud of smoke, more like a dust devil whipped through the beach and stopped in a cloud of dirt and dust at the feet of Ai Asagiri, who looked down in bewilderment.
Pai and Lin-Lin got to there feet, both staring daggers at each other and cursing one another out. “You bimbo, you nearly got us killed!” Pai shouted. “Oh-oh yeah, you mean fatso!” Lin-Lin replied. “I’m not fat!” Pai exclaimed. Just then several other genin groups arrived alongside Lin-Lin’s and Pai’s teams. “Sorry we’re, late we ran into a little trouble.” Makki declared. “Ah, there you are Makki, I was beginning to wonder if you were going to make it.” Ai said with a smile.
Mikko peered down at the arrival of the remaining genin teams from over the railing of the ship. “Hey guys, it looks like everyone’s here!” Mikko cried out.

All of the eight remaining genin teams stood before Ai Asagiri and several jonin instructors, including, Tita Amatsuba, Misame Yui, Mikoto Anzai, Shuun, Taki, and Hiroto Yamanouchi. “Congratulations, you all did well in making it this far and you should be proud for all of the hard work and effort you have put into these exams thus far!” Ai declared. “Since all of you managed to survive in one piece, AND brought back all of your colored flags, I will have to begin your next mission as a tie!” Ai declared. Shock and awe struck the groups of genin. “A tie!?” Kali blurted. “That’s bloody outrageous!” Shuun added. “Shush!” Misame chided. “Since I was expecting at least two groups to fall in short of their colored flags, this puts a damper onto my plans.” Ai explained. “The next phase of this exam will be a foot race from the start of the canyon lands all the way to the border to Kumogakure!” Ai announced. This news shocked and upset all of the genin who had not expected this. (“So it’s true, a foot race IS imminent.”) Hishegami thought. “But for tonight you will all stay the night aboard the Namitora to recover and you will begin at noon tomorrow!” Ai added. Sighs of relief and groans escaped the crowd of genin. “You may disperse and talk amongst yourselves now.” Ai said before entering the ship’s bridge.

“A foot race, do I look like some sort of wild animal?” Kali complained. Jiro and Yuu shook their heads. “This is simply outrageous!” Kali whined again. “Well, we’d better make the best of things and rest while we can.” Tanzou said to Mikko and Hishegami. While several teams of Genin entered the ship, the Iwagakure trio of Honoka, Atsuko, and Masaru stood behind and consulted their sensei, Hiroto. “Remember, just like we planned?” Hiroto whispered to them. “So we’ll leave at daybreak and head them off at the border.” Honoka whispered back. Hiroto nodded. Hiroto signaled for them to be silent and looked around, when the coast was clear he turned and entered the ship, followed by his genin students. After the Iwagakure trio had vanished from sight, a hand emerged from the Namitora, and then a leg, and then a head, it was Mikoto Anzai, she had used her body and matter reconstruction jutsu to eavesdrop on Hiroto and his genin.

Mikko, Hishegami, and Tanzou sat in their room; Mikko on the top bunk, and Hishegami on the bottom, while Tanzou looked out the porthole window. Hishegami watched as Tanzou stared relentless out at the open sea. (“Something is on his mind.”) Hishegami thought. (“It’s Umikira, I just know it…he has unfinished business with him.”) Hishegami thought again. Mikko lay on her back, with her hands behind her head and her eyes closed, she had fallen asleep already. Mikko’s mouth was wide open and snores escaped her, echoing in the small ship cabin. Hishegami looked up at Mikko who snored mouth wide open like a fish, and sneered. “Figures…” Hishegami muttered. “Hishegami, you too should sleep.” Tanzou said, who sat in the corner of the cabin. “It’s going to be a long day tomorrow, and we need all of the rest we can get.” Tanzou added. Hishegami nodded. “Oh, okay Tanzou.” She said before climbing onto the bottom bunk and closing her eyes, trying hard to fall asleep. But despite how sore her body was, she couldn’t quite fall asleep yet.

In the next cabin, Satoru and Fuuko were asleep in the top and bottom bunks, while Umikira stood at the porthole window staring at the rolling waves, it was nearly dark outside and the relentless waves crashed onto the rocks at shore with no mercy. It reminded Umikira much of himself. Umikira’s eyes were fixated on the crushing waves more than anything else, for the near future, he knew what he had to do.

Sono Ishikara lay on a cot in one of the ship’s cabins. Ayane was asleep on the bottom bunk, while Nikaari slept on the top one. Sono couldn’t stop thinking about today, about his brush with death, and his survival. What was it all for he had thought. He had come so far, against all odds, and prevailed twice against the most dire of circumstances only to be withdrawn in the end. Sono looked over at Ayane, who slept peacefully, he looked away and closed his eyes. It really wasn’t her fault, she was merely concerned for him. Sono looked at his bandaged fist, but he didn’t care what ravage his body took, all he wanted was to succeed in winning, in completing his goal: to become an elite. However, that dream may be completed in a year’s time, however it would not be coming true now.

As the night drew onward, Ai Asagiri stood on the deck of the Namitora, looking out to the ocean. She wore her black trench coat and kept her hands tucked firmly inside her coat pockets. Ai brushed her hair back and continued to gaze out to sea, when a voice startled her. “Having fun?” Asked a man. Ai jumped and looked behind her, it was Shuun, Kali Yujihana’s sensei from Kumogakure. “Hardly.” Ai replied. “These exams are getting the better of everyone.” Ai added. “We’re in the midst of war, and here WE are conducting a chunin exam, acting as though everything were alright.” Ai said. “I have no doubt in my mind that Kumogakure will win!” Shuun said confidently. “Shuun, I had no idea you were such a patriot.” Ai said. “I believe in the shinobi that I have taught, and the ones who have taught me.” Shuun said. “Take the Kiseki Goninshu for example, the five of them are out there right now fighting OUR war. I think the odds are in our favor.” Shuun added. Ai turned and a worried look overcame her, “I don’t know…there’s something about this war that gets to me.” Ai said. Just then Mikoto appeared from out of the shadows and approached the two jonin. “Well it seems I’ve got lots of visitors today.” Ai said. “There’s something I need to tell both of you, but we should get Tita, and Misame first. Shuun looked at Ai, who nodded and followed Mikoto.

Meanwhile, in Kumogakure, Rokudaime Raikage sat at his desk when the doors flew open. “What is this?” He asked. A chunin messenger rushed in and approached the Rokudaime, “Lord Raikage, I have urgent news regarding the Miracle Five Ninja.” The messenger said. “What is it?” Rokudaime asked. “It’s Mizaru…he’s dead.” The messenger blurted. “Mizaru, one of the Kiseki Goninshu is dead?” Rokudaime questioned with a raised brow. “That’s not all, Rei and Shimei are missing in action as well!” The messenger informed Rokudaime. The Rokudaime took off his Kage hat and scratched his head, “I don’t suppose there would be any documentation of this?” Rokudaime asked. The messenger sighed and reached into his vest, retrieving an envelope addressed to the Raikage. He handed it to Rokudaime, who opened it and began reading. “I see, so this confirms our fears that the Kiseki Goninshu would die on the battlefield.” Rokudaime said saddened. “Lord Izanaki and Lady Konoyaha are still alive, and are on the front lines.” The messenger informed Rokudaime. “I see…I wonder if we still have a chance now.” Rokudaime said, looking up into the light of his hanging lamp. “I pray for the safety of the remaining Kiseki Goninshu, and for the rest of our shinobi to return home safely.” Rokudaime said.

Ai Asagiri, Misame, Shuun, Tita, and Mikoto all gathered within the hold of the Ship. “So what’s this all about Mikoto?” Ai Asked. “It’s got a great deal to do with the team sent here from Iwagakure.” Mikoto replied. “What about them?” Ai asked. “They are up to no good, I overheard the genin speaking with their sensei, I think they are plotting something bad.” Mikoto said. “Are you positive?” Ai asked. Mikoto nodded. “Do you have any proof of this?” Ai questioned. “Unfortunately no, all I have is my word.” Mikoto said. “And they were very secretive and made sure not to leak too much out.” Mikoto added. “I see, well since we don’t have any carbon evidence of a serious threat to Kumogakure, the most we can do is keep a watchful eye on those from Iwagakure.” Ai stated. “That means all of you, if you should see anything suspicious coming from the Iwagakure team, report to me immediately! And keep this information to yourselves, we don’t need the genin running around like chickens with their heads cut off, thinking there’s a plot against one of them.” Ai ordered. “Does everyone understand?” Ai asked. The jonin all nodded in agreement. “Good, we will reconvene in several hundred hours.” Ai said before turning and exiting the hold. “I’m worried about my genin more than ever.” Misame said. “What about you Tita?” Misame asked. Tita Ametusba shook her head, “No way, I know for a fact that my genin has what it takes to overcome any obstacle.” Tita replied. Tita stopped and faced Shuun on the way out, “And I mean ANY obstacle.” Tita left the hold, leaving Shuun and the other jonin senseis to think about what she had said.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc