TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mikko Makato, Tanzou Murasaki, Hishegami Otokusa, Umikira, Satoru, Fuuko, Sono Ishikara, Ayane Shuura, Nikaari Shuura, Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, Kyoshi Katsurou, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, Masaru Dazai, Lin-Lin, Rikki, Akira, Pai, Li, Hiruko, Makki Fuhina, Sanu, Batsou, Kali Yujihana, Yuu, & Jiro.
Chapter #24: “Brute Strength: The Fury of Umikira”
*Note: Credit goes to the following authors for the following team(s)
-Tengaigakure: Ayane Shuura, Sono Ishikara, and Nikaari Shuuma. Credit goes to Quzor.
-Konohagakure: Ansari Hotaru, Kaori Kasume, and Kyoshi Katsurou. Credit goes to TheWrongVine.
-Iwagakure: Hiroto Yamanouchi, Honoka Yamaguchi, Atsuko Yamaguchi, and Masaru Dazai. Credit goes to SpectacularInsanity

Things were bad on the tundra, and they were taking a turn for the worst. Tanzou’s arm was frozen stuck within a snow clone of Umikira, while Sono Ishikara was getting the beating of a lifetime from Umikira.

Fuuko and Satoru stood ready against Makki Fuhina, a Kumogakure genin who had recently melted through Fuuko’s ice-wall, allowing Mikko and Hishegami to escape. “They’re getting away you know!” Satoru exclaimed. “I can see that!” Fuuko replied. “This wouldn’t have happened if it were Umikira!” Satoru added. Makki smirked, “You two really are full of yourselves aren’t you?” Fuuko whipped out her second fan blade, “Why don’t we spare the chitchat and just get down to the bloodshed?” Fuuko asked. “My, we’re in a foul mood today aren’t we?” Makki responded. “Well either way, I’m not letting monsters like you get a hold of ANY of my brethren!” Makki exclaimed. “Sanu, Batsou!” Makki cried, before two guys jumped in front of her with weapons raised and ready for action. Fuuko scoffed, “Do you think that a couple of cloud clowns are going to stop me?” Fuuko asked. “Perhaps.” Makki replied. “Think again!” Fuuko shouted, “Demon wind cutter!” Fuuko slashed the air with one of her fanblades, causing a violent cyclone to rip through Fuuko and her teammates, reducing them to…wood? “W-what?” Fuuko asked surprised. The real Makki and her teammates stood behind Fuuko and Satoru, with their kunai drawn and ready. “Make the first move, I dare you.” Makki said to Fuuko. Fuuko smiled, “Silly girl I already did!” Fuuko replied. Satoru scowled at the foul situation that he and his sister had gotten into. “Fuuko, this has lasted long enough, we need to leave now!” Satoru scolded. “Tell that to our brother!” Fuuko said pointing to Umikira, who was too busy beating on Sono Ishikara to notice his sibling’s predicament. Satoru grit his teeth, (“God damn you Umikira, why must you lose control now?”) Satoru thought.

Tanzou continued to struggle with the snow clone. It had completely frozen his hand within itself and would not budge. “Damn, I can’t move it!” Tanzou exclaimed. Lin-Lin and her team quietly and cautiously snuck by Umikira, until they reached a safe point and ran like hell out of the area. “This is way too scary!” Lin-Lin cried. “You don’t have to tell me twice!” Rikki agreed. “Crybabies!” Akira said under his breath. Tanzou stared on with a disappointed expression, “THANKS FOR HELPING GUYS!” Tanzou snarled angrily.

Nearby, the team from Konohagakure; Ansari, Kaori, and Kyoshi stood silent as they observed the mayhem taking place. Sono’s cheek was bruised and he had gotten a bloody nose from Umikira’s rampage. “Oh my…should we?” Kaori suggested, but Ansari’s swift hand held her back from doing anything out of line. “We’ll not interfere with others’ struggles, it is theirs to cope with.” Ansari said. “I had no idea you could be so cold.” Kyoshi said jokingly. “But seriously, I agree full-heartedly with you.” He added. Kaori winced as she watched the beating continue, Sono looked as though he would soon pass out from all of the pain. (“Ansari, why won’t you let us help?”) Kaori asked herself. “We must leave at once, there’s no point in staying here where all of this chaos is.” Ansari ordered. The Konoha genin disappeared in a cloud of smoke, when they landed on their feet just outside of the area, they proceeded to run the rest of the way. Kaori, looked more than noticeably disappointed, although Ansari hadn’t noticed.

Tanzou continued his debacle with the snow clone, “There’s got to be a way out of this!” He cried. “Shut up over there, I’ll kill you next!” Umikira shouted. (“Damn it, I don’t have much time!”) Tanzou thought. (“I have to melt this ice, but I only know a limited selection of fire jutsu.”) Tanzou added. Tanzou sighed and closed his eyes, “This has got to work.” He whispered to himself. Umikira laughed, “Unless you can do one-handed jutsus then there is no escaping that ice!” Umikira declared, before returning his sights onto Sono. Eventually Umikira broke Sono free of the ice and punched him so hard that he flew across the area. Umikira slowly approached him, “What’s the matter, is this the best Tengaigakure has to offer!?” Umikira mocked as he approached at stalker speed. (“This guy’s a monster!”) Tanzou thought. (“And he’s right, I can’t form any hand signs to perform a jutsu without both of my hands!”) Tanzou added. “Shit!” Tanzou cursed. Then Tanzou realized his shinobi supply pack around his waist, he used his free left hand to open the pack and pull out some long matches, which he held in his teeth. Tanzou then pulled out a small container of medical alcohol. Tanzou wedged the container against his chest while opening the cap with his left hand, once it was free he brought the small bottle to his eyes. (“All that’s in here is a swig at best.”) Tanzou thought. Tanzou gargled the alcohol and struck the long matches, all three against the sole of his foot igniting them, he held the matches against the snow clone and breathed out onto the flames as hard as he could, igniting the flames into a big eruption of fire, melting the ice around Tanzou’s arm just enough to free it. He held his frozen right hand and tried warming it up, “Even with the flames that snow clone is still standing.” Tanzou acknowledged. “That is no ordinary ice.” He added.

Mikko and Hishegami ran through the tundra at high speeds, both girls feeling the wear and tear of their energy. “Mikko, we have to…take a break…I’m…exhausted.” Hishegami panted. “Yeah…okay…” Mikko replied. The two sat on a clearing, that part of the tundra was noticeably dryer and warmer than the other. “Hey Hishegami, is it just me or is it a lot warmer than before?” Mikko asked. “That’s probably because we’re nearly out of the arctic region itself.” Hishegami replied. “Seriously? And without Tanzou?” Mikko asked. Hishegami shook her head, “It looks that way.” She said. “But I know he can pull through, besides we won’t be eligible for the next tier without him.” Hishegami added. “That’s right.” Mikko agreed.

Tanzou, finally freed from his ice prison, charged after Umikira, whose back was to him. “Eat this!” Tanzou cried as he breathed a fire style jutsu upon Umikira, but his ice clones merely took the damage for him. Tanzou’s face turned from determination to shock, “What is this?” He asked. “My body’s natural mechanism for creating ice clones of myself won’t allow me to be harmed.” Umikira replied. “Your attempts at injuring me are futile!” Umikira added, before running up and kneeing Tanzou in the gut, sending him flying into a pile of snow. “You should have just stayed put, now my thirst for blood is at its peak!” Umikira exclaimed with an evil look in his eyes and a twisted grin. “You’re mine!” Umikira cried as he charged toward a defenseless Tanzou.

Sono lay on the snowy tundra, battered and bruised, barely clinging to consciousness. His eyes were slamming shut, and his muscles ached and the frostbite, while no longer a threat had made its mark. Sono moved a shaken hand down to his shinobi pack, and opened it up. He retrieved a capsule and removed a small brown ball; a soldier pellet. Sono grinned, “Heh, looks like I can make it after all.” He declared before inserting the pellet into his mouth and chewing it up with a gulp. “I just need a few moments to gather some strength reserves and I will be able to stop him.” Sono said, watching as Umikira attacked Tanzou. “Hang in there, just a bit more.” Sono added.

Ayane Shuura, and Nikaari Shuuma ran at a super fast pace and avoided any trouble at all while leaving the chaotic battlefield, of the icy tundra. Nikaari looked somewhat upset, “Say Ayane, do you think we did the right thing?” he asked. “I don’t know what you mean Nikaari.” Ayane replied. “I mean when we just left Sono back there.” Nikaari added. “We didn’t ‘just’ do anything, orders are orders and we have to abide by the rules, that is our shinobi way!” Ayane answered. “Hmph, maybe we should rework our shinobi way.” Nikaari mumbled. “Did you say something?” Ayane asked. Nikaari shook hi head, “Just talking to myself.” He responded. Ayane raised an eyebrow and continued running.

Umikira held Tanzou by the collar and stared him in the eyes, “This is going to be good, real good!” Umikira said with a sick smile. Tanzou watched as Umikira slowly raised his hand to Tanzou’s face. “Not so fast!” Sono cried, striking Umikira from behind at lightning speed and actually cutting through his arm of solid ice, causing Umikira to drop Tanzou to the ground. Sono rushed in front of Tanzou. “Are you alright?” Sono asked. Tanzou nodded, “I’m fine.” Sono watched as Umikira gripped his ice arm, and groaned and growled, knowing that it HAD hurt him to be cut like that. Umikira laughed and got to his feet, “So, you actually touched me.” He said. “Congratulations, maybe you’re village is more than I had perceived it to be.” Umikira added. “Be ready, I think together the two of us can take him down.” Sono whispered to Tanzou. “Just watch out for his snow clones, he spasm them like crazy.” Tanzou said back. “Don’t worry about that, I’ve been watching his moves and I think I have them all pretty much memorized.” Sono said confidently. Tanzou was in awe, this genin from the Canopy Village was beaten senseless mere moments ago, and now he was back on his feet and in charge of everything. (“Who is this guy, and how come he recovered so quickly?”) Tanzou wondered.
Chapter end notes: Flashback Arc...