TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Falling Faster and Faster by _Asharia_

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Finally! A new chapter. -__-

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto at all. I wish I did, though. It is copyrighted to Masashi Kishimoto.
*ding ding ding*

Headed towards her locker, Sakura decided to drop of her books before she went out to the clearing. A long time ago, teachers and staff decided that the kids could have the choice of eating inside or out during lunch. Resulting from this, a small clearing was made right next to the cafeteria - the area was also used for free period as a chance to study out in the fresh air. It had a small grove of trees on one side, and a few benches and tables in the middle. She assumed this was where Sasuke wanted to meet her, considering they weren’t allowed anywhere else outside during school.

Passing through the cafeteria, she met the eyes of many whose name she didn’t even know. Even so, they gave her small smiles and nods - most were girls. Oh, wait. All of them were girls. I guess they’re the ones who went through all this before me... Sakura thought, as she reached the door leading outside. But I bet they still fall head over heels for him.

Bracing herself, she told every part of her body to stay unreactive to the Uchiha. Opening the door, her heart skipped a beat, her stomach started fluttering, her palms got sweaty, her knees became weak, and she her mind blanked. Yeah. She loved listening to herself.

What am I doing here? All Sakura understood was the boy reclining in one of the benches at the far end of the clearing, away from everyone else. Clearing her throat, she managed to get her legs to move.

As he heard her walk over, Sasuke lifted his head. “Hey, Sakura.”

That cocky voice and deep tone was just familiar enough to lift her up and out of her heart.

“Sasuke.” She only barely inclined her head towards him. “So, what did you want to ask me? I have better things to do than hang around here.” Yeah right.

“Then I’m honored that you chose to come instead.” Sitting up straighter, he continued. “Sakura, I wanted to know if you’d like to--”

Even before he finished the sentence, Sakura knew what was coming next. She saw his face blending in with Sasuke’s, and it was his voice that ended the question.

“--hang out with me tomorrow.”

She raised her eyebrows. Yes, yes, yes, yes, ye-- “Are you kidding? No way.”

Sakura almost laughed when she saw his reaction - that is, when she saw his face again, and his face alone. At first Sasuke looked surprised, but then again, Sasuke Uchiha doesn’t get surprised. He seemed to realize this as well, for his expression soon returned to normal. “Okay,” he said. “Then maybe Sunday.”

Now, this just shocked the girl. How dare he think the only reason she refused was because she was busy? That was the last straw. She would hate herself later, but Sasuke needed to hear the truth - or, rather, what she desperately wanted to be the truth. “Sorry,” she started politely. “But that doesn’t work either. Neither does the day after that or the day after that. In fact, I’ll never have a free day for you because I don’t want to. Do you get it? I won’t go out with you, Sasuke.”

This time, Sakura laughed and she felt no shame whatsoever. Saying all those things made her feel a lot better. Turning around, she walked quickly inside the building in search of Tenten. She needed to tell someone about her triumph.

---

‘I don’t get it, Neji.’ It was later that day when Sasuke scrawled down these words on a piece of paper. ‘She said no. It’s like she didn’t want to go out with me.’ Folding up the note, he flicked it so that it landed right in front of the Hyuga.

Neji scanned it, wrote a response, flicked it back, and returned his attention to the teacher while keeping an eye out for stray pieces of paper at the same time.

Almost ripping apart the paper in his hurry, Sasuke opened the note. Neji was smart. He always had good advice... except now. ‘Maybe that’s because she doesn’t want to go out with you. I told you she would be a challenge.’

Growling, he nearly broke his pen as he jotted down a response. ‘Yeah. A damn challenge. It’s been a freaking week. All I’ve done is compliment her and be nice. Hell, I haven’t even touched her yet. So why doesn’t she want to?!’

He could almost hear Neji sigh as the note was passed back with a new message. ‘You’re going to have to learn sooner or later that not every girl will be all over you. Besides, there are other girls in this school. Why are you obsessing over one?’

Sasuke’s eyes widened. Obsessing? Him?! He did not obsess over anything or anyone... It had just been a long time since he’d been turned down. Actually, it was the first time. But still. He was not obsessing.

‘I am not obsessing,’ he wrote slowly. ‘And there aren’t any other girls. I’ve picked up all of them, except for your cousin, but I promised you I wouldn’t.’ Sasuke paused. His friend wasn’t being very helpful, and the Uchiha was in a bad mood. He decided to poke a little fun at the Hyuga. ‘Then again, there’s that Tenten girl. You’re right, Neji. I should just forget about Sakura and move onto a new target.’

Tossing over the note, Sasuke knew he was going to Hell. He knew that a long time ago, ever since puberty struck and he had his very first girl - plus the dozens after that. But this time, he knew he had gone too far. Neji didn’t even respond back. He just, rather violently, crumpled up the piece of paper and then stuffed it into his pocket.

Sasuke would have to watch his back for the rest of the day. Thankfully, the upcoming weekend might give both boys time to cool off. Until then, they would just have to avoid each other.