TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Falling Faster and Faster by _Asharia_

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: ^^;; Sorry for the vacation delay. Anyway, enjoy chapter 3!

Disclaimer: Naruto characters do NOT in ANY WAY BELONG TO ME. ^_^ If they did... well, there would be a few changes.

Note: Beginning of this chapter starts the morning AFTER chapter 2's end. Don't get confused. =) And the chapter ended horribly, I know. But I needed to update and there's swimming practice tomorrow morning, so bear with it. ^^;; Rate and review!
“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“It’s true! Honestly,” Ino’s voice trembled over the cell phone. “You know I wouldn’t lie about this.”

Sakura knew there was something wrong when he called her the night before, but this was just...

“Sakura? Hey, what are you doing in here?” Tenten walked into the girls’ bathroom. She looked ready to ask another question when she was cut off.

“I was just talking to my parents. I think I left something at home, and I just want to make sure it’s there.” Into the phone, Sakura whispered, “Sorry, Ino. I’ll talk to you later.”

“’Kay.” The line went dead.

Tenten still looked a little confused. “That’s what the phones in the office are for. You know cell phones aren’t allowed during school hours, right?” Shrugging, she dropped her own question. “Anyway, I’m not here to tell you that. I’m here to make sure you steer clear of Sasuke.”

That wasn’t exactly something Sakura needed to be told, but she asked anyway. “Why?”

“Well,” checking the stalls for any eavesdroppers, she continued. “My sources say you’re his new target this week.”

The reply came with a raised eyebrow. “What do you mean by ‘target’?” Oh God, he’s not going to--

“He’s basically gonna hit on you until you agree to go out with him for an hour or two.”

Lovely. And somehow, she almost smiled at the thought.

“So, that’s his whole ‘game’?”

Tenten shrugged. “Kind of. Except...”

The two girls walked out of the bathroom and continued talking.

“Except what,” Sakura asked. “And do I even want to hear this?”

“Maybe,” said Tenten. “But the point is, no one’s ever turned down Sasuke Uchiha. He’s just, I don’t know, him.” Turning down a side hallway, she moved slowly towards her next class. “So, Sakura. Just try not to go near him. Unless you want to be one of the many who have had their dreams come true, and then have it all crashing down, even though you don’t like him to begin with.”

“You don’t have to tell me twice, but thanks for the warning.” Sakura began walking away when she called back, “Oh, and Tenten?”

The brunette pivoted to look. “Yeah?”

“Have you ever lost the game before?”

Grinning, Tenten replied, “I’ve never been invited to play.”

---

Lunchtime - thank goodness. Sakura had been dodging Sasuke all day, and she had been pretty successful for most of it. If only it lasted.

Unfortunately, they had a class together. One. Stinking. Class. And that was almost literal, considering Mr. Sarutobi was teaching {the “smoking guy”, but everyone just called him Asuma}. The entire class only lasted for forty-five minutes, but it was enough to drive her insane.

Dropping her things down at a table, Sakura sighed deeply and tried to calm down her messed up emotions. To be honest, that was the best class of her life. On one hand, she loved being the Uchiha’s target. He sat next to her, passed her notes, and kept throwing glances her way. Sure, she acted like it was nothing, but it brought those happy little butterflies to her stomach.

On the other hand, Sakura couldn’t help but feel a sort of déjà vu in his actions. It bugged her that she could only make it look like she didn’t care, but could never completely shut off her darn hormones.

Grabbing the lunch she packed for the day, she plopped down in her seat and sighed again.

“Um, excuse me, Sakura. What’s wrong?”

Turning her head, Sakura met the eyes of Hinata. Scooting over so that the raven-haired girl could sit down, she replied, “Nothing much. I guess I’m still adjusting.”

“Oh.” Silence.

Sheesh. I thought my past was bad. I wonder what happened to her.

The silence was soon broken by Naruto charging into the cafeteria with a can of hair spray, laughing hysterically.

Turning in their seats, the two girls stared as Kiba came charging in. In his arms was what looked like a very sticky-looking Akamaru with a strange fur style.

The entire room shook with laughter as the boy and his dog chased after the energetic blonde who was running blindly, his eyes filled with tears of amusement.

Sakura smiled. Naruto was pretty easy to get used to, even if he was a tad annoying at first.

“Wow. I never noticed it before, but you should really smile more often.”

Praying to anything and everything that could help her in this situation, Sakura tried to ignore it. Too bad there was more.

“Mind if I sit here?”

This time she had to answer. Staring defiantly at the person next to her, she said, “Actually, I do. Besides, I’m pretty sure Tenten’s going to sit there, Sasuke.”