TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Falling Faster and Faster by _Asharia_

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: Same as it was in Chapter 1. I don't own the Naruto characters mentioned, only the plot that they are following.


Don't you just hate restricted numbers and cliffhangers? xDD

Oh, and starting Monday the 18th, I will be gone for a week. Until then, enjoy this new chapter. ^.^
By the end of the day, Sakura had learned many new names. There was Neji Hyuga-who happened to be Hinata’s cousin-, Shikamaru Nara, and of course, the wonderful Sasuke Uchiha. Her new friends included Tenten, Hinata, and well... that was it. If you counted Lee as a friend, then that made three. Sure, he was more lovesick than friendly, but hey. It was a start. You can’t make friends with the world in seven hours.

Sakura decided to stop at her locker before she went to meet her parents outside. Dropping off her books, she turned to go when her heart skipped a beat.

“Hey, Sakura. What are you still doing here?”

Trying not to lose control of her emotions, she stared defiantly into the eyes of none other than Sasuke himself.

“I could ask you the same thing.”

Smiling, he stared back at her. “Well then, it’s a good thing I asked first.”

Oh. So not only was he incredibly good-looking, but he had a good sense of humor, too. Joy.

“I don’t have to answer that, now do I.”

He looked thoughtful for a moment before taking a step closer to her then saying, “No. I guess you don’t. But I’m sure you’d like to before I make any wrong assumptions.”

Sakura was surprised. What kind of assumptions could he make? Her curiosity got the better of her and she voiced the thought out loud.

Shrugging, he leaned against the lockers. “Not sure, but I can think of some things that could kill a reputation in five seconds flat.”

Smiling pleasantly, she closed her locker and gathered up her things. “I guess it’s a good thing I don’t have a reputation yet, isn’t it?”

Sasuke stared at her as she walked by. Once she was far enough away, Neji walked out of a nearby classroom. “Looks like she’s going to be a challenge for you, Sasuke.”

He walked over to his friend. “Maybe,” Sasuke replied back. “But I could take a challenge or two. It’s been too easy for me lately.”

Shaking his head, Neji only sighed. Sasuke would never change.

---

It was five o’clock and Sakura was sitting on her bed, staring at the phone. Ino had promised she would call to see how Sakura’s first day went. At that time, she couldn’t wait to tell her best friend everything about the new school.

*ring ring ring*

Frantically scrambling to get up, she grabbed the phone. “Ino?”

“Hey, Sakura. What’s up?” Sakura smiled when she heard the familiar voice.

“Things aren’t as bad as they could be, but I still miss everyone back there.”

“Yeah, we all miss you, too. It’s weird not seeing you everyday.”

“I know.”

“So, if things aren’t bad, that must mean some good things happened. Why don’t you tell me about them?”

Sakura was about to start when her friend cut her off. “Oh, but first, any cute boys?”

Sakura laughed. Yep. That was Ino. She had always been interested in guys, and they had always been attracted to her. Kind of like Sasuke, except Ino wasn’t in it for some, well, “action”. She dreamed about a fantasy relationship, so looks were also a must. Honestly, there had never been an ugly prince in fairytales.

But how was Sakura supposed to describe Sasuke to Ino? Her friend had always been by her side, but would probably take her descriptions the wrong way. And Sakura didn’t want to sound like she was interested in Sasuke in any way. So, she took the easiest route.

“Not really. There’s Kiba, but he’s a real jock.”

“Hm. A jock? They usually turn out to be jerks.* Alright then. Anything else interesting?”

Their conversation continued late into the night.

“Ino, I think I have to go. I’ll need some energy to get through another school day.” She heard Ino laugh on the other end.

“Don’t make it sound like you’re being sent to a place that kills you off if you’re weak. You’ll get used to everything, and you’ll forget all about us back here in your old hometown.”

“That’s never going to happen,” Sakura said truthfully.

“Maybe... But enough of that. I’ll let you get some sleep now. Night, Sakura! I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

“See ya, Ino.”

Placing the phone back on the receiver, Sakura lay down on her bed.

Talking with Ino always makes me feel better. Flipping over onto her side, she blankly stared at the wall. She felt better, sure. However, her thoughts were still in turmoil. Why didn’t I tell her about Sasuke? I know I didn’t want to make it seem like I was interested, but she would understand. Ino’s been with me through everything; even that time with... No. That’s over now. I just need to--

Her inner ranting was cut short as the phone rang.

Ino? No. That couldn’t be her. So then who could it be?

Caller ID was no help. It was a restricted number.

Sighing, Sakura tentatively picked up the phone. “Hello?”

---



* - Yeah, I know that was a horrible stereotype. In all honesty, I know plenty of nice jocks and athletes, so no harm or insults intended. ^^;; Also, to Kiba fans everywhere, he is not a jerk. I know. x33 Sorry 'bout that.