TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Falling Faster and Faster by _Asharia_

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Umm... Chapter one! Disclaimer is the same as it is with the Prologue. ^^

Chapter two's gonna be up in a little bit.
If Sakura thought it was hard enough moving away, she was definitely not prepared for moving in. Sure, the unpacking part was somewhat easy, but a new school? Dream on.

It wasn’t so much the school itself. It’s just that the people were completely different from those she had come to know. So many things were just... wrong in her opinion.

For one, there were the teachers. What kind of school allows teachers to wear masks in class? Wouldn’t that set a bad example? But worse still was the teacher who liked to smoke all day. That could definitely have some kind of impact on his students. And don’t even talk about the fashion sense of some. Who wears only fish netting with a light jacket barely covering anything?

Then there were the students. Well, some of them, at least. Sakura’s old school had always been orderly. There would never be a Naruto Uzumaki. He was so energetic, she thought it should be illegal. Not that he wasn’t nice or anything, but his hyperactive personality could get a bit obnoxious. Kiba Inuzuka was also one to complain about. Sure, he was plenty cute... as was his dog, Akamaru. Pets allowed in school? Well. There’s a new one.

Sighing, Sakura walked over to her locker. She had been to a total of one class and her complaints could stretch on for miles. Grabbing her needed books, she turned to go when she ran into a short-haired girl.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The girl bent down immediately to pick up the fallen books.

“No, that’s okay. Really.” Accepting the books, Sakura looked into the girl’s pupil-less eyes. She’s either really shy, or nervous about something. I’m going with the first one.

“Excuse me, but are you new here? I haven’t seen you before,” the girl said.

“Oh. Right. Yeah. I’m Sakura. Sakura Haruno.” Smiling her friendliest smile, she held out a hand.

Shaking it, the girl replied, “I’m Hinata Hyuga. It’s nice to meet you.”

Glancing at the nearby clock, Hinata broke up the conversation. “If we don’t get going, we’ll be late for class. I’ll see you later, Sakura.”

“Okay. It was nice meeting you.”

Nodding at each other, the two girls went their separate ways. Well, that’s one friendly face. Let’s see if I can find another one.

Entering the classroom, Sakura scanned the room. She saw some familiar faces from her last class. There was Naruto again, Lee - who had taken a particular interest in her - and someone - no - something that took her breath away, for surely the person she was looking at was not human. He was handsome in every definition of the word. His black-blue hair was perfect, the clothes he wore weren’t too baggy and showed off his muscular arms; plus, they matched his hair. Sakura hated herself for staring, but what else could you do?

He was busy talking to another boy next to him - who had the same eyes as Hinata - when his eyes darted to the side and met hers. Instantaneously, those dark eyes drowned her and she gasped for air. Smirking, he nodded her way which only made things worse. After a few more seconds of staring, Sakura got it together. Get over it, Sakura. You don’t want to go there again.

“Hey, you’re new, right?”

Jumping back to reality, her head swung down to a questioning face underneath two brown buns of hair.

Of course I’m new. If no one recognizes me, wouldn’t I be? Out loud she said, “Yeah. I’m Sakura.”

She heard a small laugh followed by a deep, sexy-sounding voice saying, “Sakura, huh? That’s a pretty name.”

Gulping, Sakura looked back up to see the oh-so-incredible guy who had reduced her to a stereotypical love-struck female.

Whoa. Hold everything. Love-struck? Love? How can I possibly say I’m in love when it’s obviously just a silly little crush?

Besides, she knew from personal experience that love didn’t exist in her life and it never would. But not even that stopped her from blushing a little. Mentally beating herself, she tried to pay attention to the girl sitting in front of her.

“Hi there. I’m Tenten. You can sit here if you want; I know what it’s like to be the new kid on the block.”

“Thanks.” Taking the seat next to Tenten, Sakura regained her composure just as the teacher walked in. Oh great. The smoking guy.

While he wrote down some things on the board, Tenten leaned over and whispered to her, “And don’t mind him. That’s Sasuke. He hits on every girl. It’s kind of a challenge to himself that he made up back in grade school.”

“Yeah, I get it.” Shrugging it off, she turned her attention to the smoking guy and tried to listen to the words coming out of his mouth. Deep down, Sakura knew things would hurt if she fell for this Sasuke kid’s tricks. But she also knew that she would have to watch her step. He was obviously a pro at making girls fall all over him. Unfortunately she had proven herself to be the falling type... and she had long ago learned that falling hurt.