TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Note by A Vampires Butterfly

[Reviews - 216]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hi there! Okay, this chapter is really long. I think at least. For this story it is. Yeah...anyway, please enjoy! With much love, A Vampires Butterfly ^.^
“You call this a plan!?!”

“Come, Naruto. At least it matches your eyes.”

A crash and many curse young children should never say or hear were shouted.

“Matches my eyes!?! Sakura you are insane!!!”

“Come on Naruto, I’ll give you this.”

“Oh come on, Sakura. That isn’t fair. Really…no…well…No!...I mean….yes…Now give me my ramen now!”

This was the basic conversation between Sakura and Naruto after school, when Naruto had found out that Sakura’s big plan was to drag him to the mall by any means necessary, even unfair bribery. Some friend.

So now Naruto was stuck in the mall, locked in a dressing room, and being forced to try on dresses. This was now, officially, the worst day of his short life.

He glared at the next dress thrown over the dressing room door, staring for a moment into the mirror, the dress held in front of him before sneering in disgust.

This one was even worst than the last. Pink with so many frills and ruffles it looked more like some kind of horrible pink pastry gone wrong. The material was thick and itchy even in his hands. He didn’t even bother to try it on before tossing it over the dressing room door.

He heard Sakura let out some sort of angry huff of frustration. Really was it his fault none of these dresses were right for him? Hell even a dress was wrong for his MANLY figure! Manly….right….

“Naruto! I swear you better pick a dress soon or I’m going to pick a dress for you and I swear it will be so pink and lacy that even I won’t be able to look at it when force you into it!” she shouted this through the door and he could almost see her reaching for another horrible and grotesque pink dress.

“Fine, fine! But can’t you find a dress, I don’t know, NOT in pink? Maybe a good color. Like orange?” He questioned hopefully. If he did have to wear a dress he wanted it to be in his favorite color, besides orange looked good on him. Even he agreed. Everyone else was so jealous, like Sakura that they would just have to insult his great sense of style.

“Orange?!? Are you color blind or something? Any other color, I swear, any normal person would pick blue, or purple, heck even yellow would be better than ORANGE! Even Lee has better taste than you and you have seen what he wears. What kind of girl dating Sasuke Uchiha wears orange?” Sakura shouted at him through the door, and he knew that if the door wasn’t protecting him, he would probably be seriously injured right now.

Jealously, such a painful and hateful emotion.

“Please Sakura….I promise I will wear an orange dress and then you can do whatever you want to my hair or makeup or whatever else I have to wear.” He could almost hear the evil gleam that must have come into Sakura’s eyes at that moment. He knew how much she loved doing others makeup. She had been trying to put him into make up ever since they met in first grade; some times he blamed her for his sexuality, really.

“Okay, be back in a second Naru-chan, but really, orange?” Sakura asked one last time.

“Yes, orange! Now go find me an orange dress and don’t call me Naru-chan!” Naruto shouted, reminded of how Sasuke had said it when he was so close to him and could feel the blood rushing to his face.

“Why? You only want Sasuke-kun to call you that? Aww is that a pet name? What are you going to call him, bastard?” Sakura cooed through the door, making Naruto’s face heat up even more.

“Just go and find the damn dress!!!” He shouted, banging a fist on the closed door that he knew she was so close to.

“Fine, fine, sheesh, you should really get that anger problem checked out.”

He heard Sakura’s footsteps fade away in search of an orange dress. He slide against the cool grey wall of the dressing room and sighed, closing his eyes. This had to be the worst day of his life. First the note, then that free time thing, and now he was dress shopping and making promises to Sakura about make up and hair.

He knew that plastic knife was the way to go.

He sighed again, blowing spiky blond bangs out of his face before hearing foot steps coming closer and then felt something soft and long land on his head.

“Do you know how weird I looked asking for an orange dress!?! The girl I asked looked at me like I was an idiot. Which I am for actually listening to someone who wants an orange dress to go to the prom in, much less as Sasuke Uchiha’s date! Really you have no taste, what so ever. But this was the only orange dress they had so you better like it, if not you are getting a pink one, no if, ands, or buts!” Sakura said sternly, sounding all too much like a mother, almost making Naruto laugh, but then he looked at his dress and al feelings of laughter disappeared at being reminded that he had to wear a dress.

He held up the soft fabric and saw it was a slim dress, the skirt flaring out slightly, with a large tear running up the side so that it showed off the legs. It was a dark orange color, more like a fire color than anything else. Around the waist was a small silky yellow ribbon that could be removed or tied tighter. The sleeves were only two thin straps of material, plus it had a lot of material in the chest area, made for less gifted girls in that area, but would be perfect for Naruto since he really didn’t need a chest full of tissue paper.

It wasn’t too horrible. At least it didn’t have any lace or ruffles.

He tried it on and found it fit well, only needed to tighten the ribbon a bit and when he looked into the mirror, he saw a girl’s body with his head o top. It kind of scared him.

Damn Sasuke Uchiha. This was all his fault.

He walked out of the dressing room bare footed and showed Sakura, who squealed, saying how cute and pretty he looked only making him glare at her. She pushed him back into the dressing room, making him redress in record time before ripping the dress out of his hands, paying for it, and then dragging him through the rest of the mall. She bought him matching orange high heels. High heels! Then some make up, since she didn’t want him using hers. Finally after a couple hours of the mall they made their last purchase.

A long, blonde wig.

The good kind too, it felt and looked exactly like real hair, so that when he put it on, Sakura wasn’t sure it was really him except that for his clothes and of course those damn whisker marks that he had once made with permanent Sharpie in like second grade and they had just never left.

Naruto was then dragged back to Sakura’s house, only to find it was six and they only had two hours to get ready. Sakura had thoroughly freaked out, saying it would take her forever to get both him and her ready, but Naruto had just told her that he could take care of himself, that she just had to put on his, he had gulped, make up. She had relaxed and run off to go get her dress and other stuff.

So now here they were, 7:55, five minutes before Lee came to pick them both up, Sakura had called asking her boyfriend to pick both her and her “friend” and take them to the dance. He had of course agreed and now they both stood at the door, Sakura parents gushing over and taking picture after picture.

Naruto just stood over at the side, watching with a grim smile on his face. It was times like these that he wished his parents were still here. They had died of a car crash when he was really little, but then he had met Sakura and even though he lived alone, Sakura’s parents let him come over all the time and of course there was Iruka, a teacher at the elementary school who when he heard about Naruto and his parents death had brought Naruto meals every night, giving him all the supplies he needed, and also some parental love and caring. Iruka couldn’t fully adopt him because him and Kakashi, an English teacher at the middle school, were steadily going out, so they weren’t allowed to adopt children.

“Naruko! Get over here and take some pictures with me!” Sakura called to him using the name they had picked for him for the dance. She grabbed him by the arm and pulled him over as her parents kept right on with taking pictures. He grinned into the camera, glad that even people who had known him for years couldn’t tell it was him in a dress and make up. It made him feel better about the whole situation.

Then there was a ring of the door bell and a knock on the door and Naruto knew it was time. Time to finally go to,

The Dance.