TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sand Into Glass by A Vampires Butterfly

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hi there! This is A Vampires Butterfly. Bringing you another chapter! Enjoy! With much love, A Vampires Butterfly ^.^
The first morning’s rays made their way slowly over the exhausted form of Hinata as she slept in an almost coma like state. She didn’t dream. She didn’t even receive a nightmare. Her life seemed to already be a nightmare. All dreams seemed like they would never return. And only darkness surrounded her, even in sleep.

As the warm morning sun reached her closed eyes, she awoke. She opened her light violet eyes to the world, and then closed them as yesterday’s events came back in a horrible wave. She wanted to cry all over again. She felt a dull pain in her chest, like the flames and shards of glass were still smoldering there.

A small knock resounded through her room. Hinata looked at the door as Neji walked in. He acted as cold as he had before his fight with Naruto, before he had realized what had really happened, before he had finally stopped blaming Hinata and the other main branch members for his father’s death. He may have been even colder right now. He moved with a stone like movement as he walked over to Hinata’s bed.

“Hinata-sama, your father has requested your presence. He wishes you to hurry.” Neji said icily, addressing her as if he didn’t know her at all. There was no warmth in his voice.

“Neji-san? W-what is the m-matter? W-what does f-father want?” she asked, softly, worried. What else could possibly go wrong? What else could possibly go wrong with her life?

Neji didn’t answer. He just looked down at her, his eyes the only thing not cold; they showed something else, something like…pity? Hinata couldn’t understand it.

“Hinata-sama dress quickly and meet your father in the study.” He crisply informed her and walked out.

Hinata felt a few stray tears stream down her cheeks. She didn’t bother to wipe them away and started to get dressed.

“F-father? Y-you wanted to s-see me?” Hinata asked softly, entering her father’s study.

Her father sat at his oak desk in the middle of the room, the rest of the large study was filled with shelves of books and weapons to train with. It didn’t show anything personal, except for a picture of him and his late twin brother standing side by side solemnly.

“Hinata you are going to be sent to the Village of Sand. You are to stay there with the Kazekage, who you are to be engaged to. Please pack quickly. You are leaving today.” He said without even looking up from the papers on his desk.

Hinata froze at the word “engaged” She was going to…MARRY the Kazekage? Her eyes widened and she could feel the once dull pain grow, as if fuel was being added to the fire in her chest. The fire that was now burning her skin, burning her blood away, turning more shards of broken glass black.

“W-what?” she asked only in pure surprise. This couldn’t be happening, no not right after yesterday. Not after that…Not right after…NO!!!

She refused to believe it. She refused with every atom of her very being that this was happening. That it could even possibly be happening.

“I will not repeat myself. It is for the good of the clan. You are not strong enough to be the leader of the clan, so you will marry the Kazekage. Now go and pack and leave my sight.”

‘The good of the clan…,’ those words rang through her head as she left the room, no tears left her eyes, no other thoughts went through her head, she stood straight and tall as she went to her room.

She calmly packed everything that ever showed she had lived in her room. She changed into a silk purple kimono with white lilies and combed her hair.

‘The good of the clan…’ It would be for the good of the clan. She would be trapped with a bloodthirsty monster for the good of the clan. Marry a demon for the good of the clan.

She felt the pain in her chest grow and grow, till she thought for sure it would consume her. She would never see Naruto again. She would never see again. Never see Neji, or Kiba, or Shino. She would be in a whole different country. The bride of a monster.

‘The good of the clan….’ A single tear came from her pale eyes, and slide down an equally pale cheek. She looked at herself in the mirror and then turned away in shame.

She wasn’t strong enough to be the leader of the clan. She never was. She hadn’t succeeded in becoming stronger. She was still weak, and now…now she was to be married to a killer. Someone she knew to kill people just to know he was alive.

Yes, she had heard the stories about him. She had heard the horrible, frightening stories about him. That was all she knew about him. She had barely even seen how he looked. All she knew was that he was known to kill. And she was engaged to him.

She let out another tear. Then turned to leave.