TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


An Altered Path by Jareth Dallis

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Author's Notes: Okay I have made my decision for the teams, and though you people don't like me reusing the dojutsu and the blessed seal, this is my own plot device and I will use it because I like it. I never really explored all the avenues with the blessed seal or the dojutsu. Just because Itachi is good that doesn't mean Furuchi isn't just as deadly, I already have plans for Furuchi and he will be really sinister believe me.


Now the Uchiha triplets aren't the only OC's plan to introduce in this fic, glad you guys like them because I really hoped you guys would. Now brace yourselves for the new annoyances in Naruto's life perhaps this shall be the largest Haremy undertaking ever. I will also go into other changes as the plot unfolds, the Uchiha clan for instance I don't want to spoil it yet.


Naruto: Jareth why do you hate me? You know only bad things can come of this!


Sorry, Naruto. The public loves you in this sitation


Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto but all OC's are property of me. HANDS OFF OR I WILL TRAP YOU IN THE ROOM OF CUTE FUZZY BUNNIES!!!


Speaking”

'Thinking'

Kyuubi”

'Inner self'


When we last left Naruto...


Naruto groaned as he finally got out from underneath the tackling fangirl Mirai, how utterly annoying this was, he was praying to Kami or someone who had a heart that he wasn't on a team with her. As if this celebration couldn't get worse, his feeling of impending doom became much more aware of the presence of more females approaching. This is when Naruto grabbed hold of Ginshin by the collar of his vest and brought him down to eye level, glaring angrily at his foster father. “What the hell are you doing to me?! I don't need this on my first night back! This is more annoying than watching you flirt with my grandmother's assistant when we ran into them that time!” Naruto growled as he began to start Shaking Ginshin violently, fortunately for him Rin stepped in prying Naruto's hands away from Ginshin's neck.


“Now cut it out you two! Ginshin you know Naruto likes female attention in small doses. Now cut it out!” the brunette kunoichi barked at her husband before twisting his ear causing him to howl in mild pain. Naruto smirked confidently seeing the bad influence in his life getting punished, he confidently turned and prepared to walk off to find something to drink, but as he turned his lips ended up planted on another set. He stepped back his face going red, red as the tips of Rekka's hair with out the use of her Henge, red.


The person on the other end was none other than, Sarutobi Saiyuki another of the dreaded army of fangirls, Naruto was now scared shitless. He accidentally kissed the Hokage's Granddaughter, that wasn't a good thing, of course the two young shinobi were too busy blushing. The other girls, who were present in the room had one thought running through their heads, 'Kill Saiyuki...' for it was the very thing they all coveted Naruto's first kiss. “Hello Naruto-kun...er...congratulations...on your passing...” the brunette girl said trying to change the subject to end the embarrassment of the scene.


Sarutobi Saiyuki was a slender girl, she showed all the characteristics of her clan, the ape like characteristics being the basis. She wore black cargo pants, a black denim jacket, and a really tight fitting tank top, this was of course to Naruto's approval because she was showing what she was workin' with. Her hair on the other hand was tied up in a high ponytail letting her bangs do whatever they felt like. Right behind her was the gorilla like Asuma, this caused Naruto to be more afraid, “Er...A-Arigatou Saiyuki-chan...” the surprisingly bashful blonde shinobi responded.


Nice to see you Ginookami (Silver Wolf)!” the son of the Sandaime chimed as he waved at Ginshin walking around Naruto and Saiyuki, this caused Naruto to exhale in relief. Ginshin managed to stop laughing at Naruto long enough to greet Asuma with a light punch to the shoulder. “Ya know...I always thought I would have a chance with Kurenai once you left but...her and Kakashi got together. Who woulda thunk it?” the tanned jounin stated as his teeth kept a tight grip on his cancer stick. Ginshin and Rin just gaped in shock of what they had heard, “You must be messing with us! Then again Kakashi was with out new porn...that smut looked like it was old...” the silver haired jounin responded as he rubbed his chin and mused with the thought of getting his friend in trouble.


Do it and I will make you go on a date with Shinka.” the brunette threatened with her eyes closed, Ginshin grinned nervously and chuckled in the same manner. Asuma cringed at what was suggested, no man in the village was crazy enough to date the pyromaniac, her idea of cooking was to exhale fire on whatever she was trying to cook. Only Ginshin was man enough to date her, she was a scary lady who you didn't want angry. Ginshin should teach Naruto the dangers of women, but when it came down to it he figured Naruto would learn on his own.


Of course a certain tomboy was fuming more than the others, over the fact that Naruto's first kiss was with Saiyuki, Ima was clenching her fists angrily as she watched Naruto 'flirt' with Saiyuki. “Not like you have a chance, I'm sure Naruto-kun doesn't like girls who are just another of the guys.” the prim and somewhat proper triplet quietly said with a vicious look on her face. “Are you trying to say Naruto-kun isn't my type?” the tomboy responded angrily with a glare aimed at her sister. Kako was busy laughing haughtily as her sister became infuriated, “If the work boot fits...” she began but before she could finish the insult her braid was pulled harshly causing her to crash to the floor.


For the last time Miss Prissy-pants! I'M NOT GAY!!!” a vein was appearing in Ima's forehead as she glared angrily at her sister. Mirai was giggling at this until she was grabbed by one of her pigtails and brought down to the floor with Kako, of course Itachi stepped in and began to defuse the situation between his cousins. Of course he sighed exasperatedly they seemed to be unable to get along in any sense of the concept.


“Oh man what a drag...why do I have to come here...he's your boyfriend, Reiyouko...” the ever lazy Shikamaru grumbled as he was dragged into the celebration by his cousin. This could be what attributed to his referring to women as troublesome, also why he couldn't stand Ino as more than just a friend. It was rumored that the women of the Nara clan were troublesome and bossy, this just went on to prove it was true as Naruto looked over and saw, Nara Reiyouko. She was dragging the reluctant and unwilling Shikamaru inside, Naruto then let it register and he stomped over and glared at Shikamaru.


“Look here buddy! I may be a lot of things, rugged, good looking, irresistible-” Naruto began with his index finger raised in the air inflating his own ego, the point was, he wasn't Reiyouko's boyfriend. Then a girl with silver hair stood behind Naruto getting infuriated with his bragging, “Not to mentioned conceited, womanizing, perverted, arrogant...” she quietly began to destroy the ego inflation with ease.

Thats right and I'm also...wait...” the blonde responded before he glared angrily and turned his hands mimicking those of Gai when he was infuriated with Kakashi or Ginshin.


Seika!”


Naruto!”


Was all that was shouted as the two glared angrily at one another, Hatake Seika, better known as Kakashi's cousin. Saying her and Naruto didn't get along wasn't accurate, Naruto and Seika couldn't co-exist as far as everyone knew. “I didn't expect you here little miss perfect!” Naruto snapped at her causing her to smirk and giggle at his infuriation. 'How predictable...too bad he doesn't know I just do this to make him angry.' she quietly thought to herself, ”I came with my cousin so I'm allowed to be here Mister Forget the Rules!” she retorted, of course this made Naruto about ready to blow.


Hatake Seika too was on the slender side, she dressed in a manner similar to Kakashi when he was younger, down to a mask over her face. Only difference is she wore a black denim skirt. Her hair was pulled into three pony tails, creating a great symmetry, two pigtails along the sides and one down the back of her head braided neatly.


Yo! Sorry we're late we had to stop and get Naruto a gift...oh no...” Kakashi was starting a truthful excuse for a change when he saw Seika and Naruto about ready to start fighting, he and Ginshin quickly separated the two pulling them away from each other, Ginshin restraining Naruto's arms. “Ya know Kakashi its kinda funny how these two can't get along they could be good allies if they'd stop fighting.” Ginshin remarked as he pulled Naruto away, Kakashi smiled behind his mask as he pulled his cousin away. “Agreed.” responded Kakashi as he pulled his cousin off to the side, the two jounin sighed with relief having prevented a fight from erupting.


I told Kakashi not to bring her along, because I know how the two never saw eye to eye. Thats why my niece didn't come. She thinks Naruto is nothing but a showboating, Ginshin in training.” Kurenai commented silently, this of course caused Rin to glare at her, because Kurenai made it sound like Ginshin was a horrible person. “Are you saying my husband is a bad influence?” the brunette who was expecting venomously said causing Kurenai to turn pale in fear of the pregnant Rin.


No!! Just I said something in anger when Ginshin told me I was an Ice Queen.” Kurenai responded as she raised her hands in defense not wanting to make Rin angry. Ginshin and Kakashi just watched from a distance with a look of shock, “We better stop them...” the copy ninja quietly said with a look of dread that the two would kill each other. Ginshin shrugged and since one brawl was just defused another one was about to start.


I don't see why they're grown women.” Ginshin replied cockily as he got a soda from the cooler not wanting to get involved. Kakashi groaned and pinched the space between his eyes, “Yours is going to kill mine!” he responded since he was well aware that Rin was likely to kill Kurenai given how hormonal women can get while pregnant.


Hours later...


The party was finally winding down, Naruto was drinking some soda quietly, and with out warning a piece of cake was shoved into his mouth. “Stop force feeding him Tonbo! You're going to kill him!” roared Reiyou as she looked at her friend who was trying to stuff food into Naruto. Akimichi Tonbo, surprisingly enough she wasn't heavy set like one would think. Tonbo huffed and glared at her friend. Naruto sensing when to sneak away did such wanting to get the hell away from fighting between a troublesome Nara girl and an overly eager Akimichi girl.


Naruto was starting to feel sorry for whoever got stuck with these two as a students, if they were on the same squad. Naruto found himself being forced to drink tea suddenly, which he wasn't ready to drink, “How troublesome...” Shikamaru said in an bored manner as he watched his cousin drowning Naruto in tea.


Nara Reiyouko, it was hard to tell she was from the Nara clan as she didn't look like she was bored beyond belief. In fact she had bright exuberant eyes, her hair in a loose pony tail, yet her hair was pulled back tightly. She wore a light green fur lined jacket with the clan symbol on one of the sleeves, her cargo pants a light cream color her hitae-ate tied about her left leg. Naruto gasped for air when the troublesome girl stopped drowning him in beverage, and quickly made a move to run from her and Tonbo.


Look what you did! You chased him away!” Tonbo roared angrily, as she pointed at Naruto who had gotten away, away to a plate of barbecued pork ribs. Now she was a unexpectedly on the thin side, but this was because the women of the Akimichi clan were blessed with high metabolism, only the males ended up so...er...large. Tonbo was almost like a nymph in the way of her figure, she was rather blessed in the area of curvaceousness, probably due to the fact fat is distributed to the hips and bust in women. She wore a reddish long jacket that came down to her knees with the kanji for food on the back, which was established as their clan symbol, she wore a form fitting T-Shirt which was a beige color. She also wore cream colored cargo pants with a kunai holster tied about her right leg, her hair came down to her shoulders what could be seen of it due to her bandanna style hitae-ate which covered most of her hair.


Naruto was busy enjoying the ribs when suddenly he felt a love struck gaze of a fangirl, he shifted his gaze to see Rekka staring at him, this caused a mild shudder from him. “Kami? Please don't put me on the same team as her...she might slow the team down if she's a fangirl...” Naruto muttered a prayer to whatever powers that were, yet at the same time he felt a kindred spirits like resonance from the girl. But he shrugged it off and resumed eating his ribs until he got a declarations for an eat off from Chouji who was sitting on the other side of the table.


The next day...


Oh man...I feel like I ate a whole herd of every animal...” the blonde Genin groaned as he walked from his room after getting dressed, he wasn't about to eat breakfast since he felt full still. Ginshin shook his head in disbelief of the boy since even he couldn't eat as much as Naruto and Chouji did the night before, well truth was Naruto had beaten Chouji and then took a challenge from Tonbo a foolish mistake to say the least.


Hear drink this, it should help you get over this indigestion of eating all that pork. Now get going you don't wanna be late for team assignments.” Rin said in a motherly tone giving Naruto the beverage which didn't look all that appetizing to be honest, it looked quite nasty. But he pinched his nose and drank it down quickly, and gagged at the nastiness of the after taste, he set the glass down and rushed out the door.


At the academy...


Naruto walked in and found not many choices for where to sit, numerous girls left a seat available for Naruto to sit next to them, but he wasn't about to sit with one of them. He didn't really have much love for the loving intent sensation he felt from them at times. Sadly he didn't have a choice but to sit between Sasuke and Rekka, the dread he was feeling was enough to bring down a Bull Elephant.


Alright quiet down all of you!” Iruka shouted causing the students to stop talking, he began to look over the names on the list for squad assignments. “I'll begin telling you your squad assignments now, so try to be quiet until I am done.” the scarred Chuunin stated as he he began to prepare himself.


Squad One. Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Kako, Aburame Ari, Jounin Sensei, Hyuuga Kikka.” this decision made Kako, and Sakura very displeased because they weren't in the same squad as their perspective crushes.


Squad Two, Uchiha Mirai,Yamanaka Ino, Hyuuga Hanabi. Jounin Sensei, Houyoku Shinka.” it could only be expected that these girls would benefit from the teaching of the Phoenix Child.


Squad Five. Sarutobi Saiyuki, Akimichi Tonbo, and Nara Reiyouko. Jounin Sensei, Hanzo Ginshin.” Naruto began to feel pity for his foster father because he would have to teach two of the most annoying girls Naruto has ever known.


Squad Seven. Uzumaki Naruto, Sakuretsu Rekka, Uchiha Sasuke. Jounin Sensei, Hatake Kakashi.” the blonde girl was psyched when she heard she was on the same team as Naruto, but Naruto wasn't as psyched, when Sasuke was announced as the third member Naruto groaned louder, “Why do I have to be on the same team as this whiny Emo-kid!?” Naruto complained, earning a glare from Sasuke. “Because despite the fact you are the rookie of the year same as Sasuke, we have no scores to compare to. The teams are always built on a sound balance. Good grades, someone in the middle, and someone with low grades. Thats the way it has always been.” the scarred Chuunin explained, much to Naruto's dismay.


Squad Eight. Hyuuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, and Aburame Shino. Jounin Sensei, Yuuhi Kurenai.” Hinata like several of the girls in the class was disappointed she was assigned to a different squad than Naruto, but she understood it was for the best.


Squad Ten, Uchiha Ima, Nara Shikamaru, and Akimichi Chouji. Jounin Sensei, Sarutobi Asuma.” the lazy genius of the Nara clan was pleased with this, it meant a vacation away from Ino who was far too bossy.


You will now be given details of where to meat your sensei.” the Chuunin with tan skin curtly stated as Mizuki handed out a card to each student with the details they needed. Naruto pocketed the information and and stood up walking for the exit, “Naruto! Where are you going...? You have no idea what room our sensei is in since you obviously didn't read the details.” the raven haired boy wasted no time in busting Naruto's balls. Naruto grunted and looked at Sasuke with a rather ticked off expression, “You don't know Kakashi-sensei very well Emopants. He's always late.” Naruto remarked and walked out the door, this caused Sasuke to grit his teeth in frustration as the fact Naruto kept calling him emo.


Meanwhile with all the jounin...


How do you plan to test your squad Ginshin? This is the first time you had a squad if I am correct. I'm gonna test them on survival, holding back of course.” Asuma calmly said as he questioned the laid back Ginshin who was resting atop a large wolf he had summoned. “Eh I'll thinka sumthin...maybe have them try and knock my hat off. Shouldn't be too difficult...” with that said Ginshin yawned loudly before being thumped by Shinka. “I intend to test them through fire, have them work together to put a fire out.”the red haired Katon Mistress explained, she was honestly trying to help Ginshin, but shew as being a bitch about it.


I shall do the Genjutsu test, and I believe Kakashi intends to do the Bell Test.” Kurenai responded, ever so coldly, causing the other Jounin to nod. Uchiha Itachi walked towards the group silently and looked at them, “Discussing tests I see. Ginshin-san why do you not just try something that fits the nature of a wolf master...you've been assigned a Nara, Sarutobi, and a Akimichi surely you can find a way to test them.” Itachi already had a squad of his own, he was jounin sensei to Hatake Seika, Mitarashi Suisei, and Yuuhi Meika.


I'll see what I feel like doing trust me...but right now I need to get some dango and then convince Kakashi to get to testing his team before its late.” Ginshin responded hopping off his giant wolf as it disappeared, and walking off slowly. He always proved he was the rebel of the group always a bit of an outsider. “I don't get why he doesn't just eat some pocky...its convenient for the Shinobi on the run.” the weasel faced Jounin remarked with a smile that frightened the other jounin since he rarely smiled.


Elsewhere...


Naruto-kun are you sure your sensei is gonna be late?” the monkey princess innocently asked as she caught up to Naruto. Naruto nodded to her as he walked casually with his hands in his coat pockets, “Trust me Saru-hime (Monkey Princess, if ya didn't know). Kakashi is always late, he'll say something lame like, “Yo! Sorry I'm late but a black cat crossed my path and I ended up walking around the village because the village has a lot of black cats” and we'll end up calling him a liar.” Naruto said sarcastically imitating Kakashi as he quoted him. This of course made Saiyuki blush at being called Monkey Princess, just before she giggled at Naruto's impersonation.


Then out of nowhere a little boy charged at Saiyuki only to trip on his own scarf falling to the ground. “You alright Konohamaru? That looked like it hurt!” she asked in worry of her little brother, who simply showed the resilience of all little boys and hopped to his feet. “Of course I am ! Who's this! Oh is this the Naruto I heard you dreaming about, “Oh Naru-kun! Again!!” It is isn't it!? I know I'm right about this sis!” the boy made loud accusations about his elder sister, Saiyuki of course blushed furiously and began hitting him over the head repeatedly as she laughed in embarrassment. “Oh shut up Konohamaru...if you know whats good for you!!!” the tone of her voice changed from embarrassment to furious anger quickly as she kept hitting her brother. Naruto just blinked at this, until he heard the loud clacking of wooden sandals, “Naru-kun!!!!!” loudly cried a girl clad in red who flew through the air and glomped Naruto, the long sleeved arms wrapped around his neck, the added weight caused Naruto to fall over.


Rekka!! Get off Naruto-kun!! You act like he's your boyfriend which he isn't!” Saiyuki shouted at the fake blonde, whom found a way to irritate Saiyuki. The blonde smirked and stood to her feet, “Well he might as well be! I mean rugged and manly is a lot sexier than effeminate and emo! Also Shinka-kaasan is Ginshin-san's girlfriend! Which means I'm a prime candidate for Naru-kun!” she quickly responded as he neck whipped about preparing to fight with her 'rival'. Saiyuki's eye twitched as she smacked Rekka's hand that was pointing away, “Yeah just cause your foster mother is dating his foster father doesn't mean jack Pyro in training!” the monkey princess replied angrily. “Looks like they're gonna be fighting a while kid...how bout we go get some ice cream.” Naruto asked the little boy who eagerly nodded, the two then walked off leaving the two girls to continue their argument.


Later on...


Well, Konohamaru I gotta go now I figure that chronically late sensei of mine should be showing up soon. Have another bowl of ice cream I'm sure Teuchi won't mind getting it for you.” Naruto smiled as he nodded to Teuchi. Due to the success of Ginshin's restaurant years ago, the Ichiraku Ramen was incorporated into the family of Hanzo's Steak House's of course only those of the Ichiraku family working at the restaurant knew the secret recipe for ramen. This served to make the restaurant very successful, that and Ginshin's quality assurance on the meat they served.


At the specified classroom...


Have you seen Rekka, Naruto? She isn't here yet.” the Uchiha quietly asked Naruto as he walked into the room. Naruto shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and sat down at a desk propping his feet up silently as he stared out the wind. “Last I saw she was about to have a fight with Saru-hime.” he replied before shrugging.


The door slid open and in through the door walked Kakashi dragging Rekka in by the arm, he looked at the other two waiting for him and shook his head. “Meet me at training field seven, in five minutes so we can get acquainted and conduct a test. And you, the Fox in a Wolves' clothing keep your girlfriend from starting any more fights.” the silver haired Jounin grumpily stated as he set Rekka at a desk before walking out. Naruto would of objected but it was too late, “Geeze!! That Monkey Bitch can throw a hard punch!!” the shichibi jinchuuriki began to curse the girl she had been forced to stop fighting, she probably was going to say she would of won too.


Since when is she your girlfriend Naruto? Last I checked she liked me.” the raven haired boy coldly said with just a hint of jealousy and an undertone of self pity. Naruto smirked, picking up on the irritation that the Uchiha was feeling, “Oh whats the matter Emo-pants? Jealous?” the blonde boy asked feeling quite the troublemaker at the moment, this caused Sasuke to become irate. The wild blonde then stood up and walked out the door, Rekka rushed out the door following Naruto, like the recently converted fangirl she was. “Stop...calling me Emo...” the onyx eyed boy growled out as he gritted his teeth walking out the door silently, it was clear Naruto constantly referring to Sasuke as being emo was working the Raven haired Genin's that last nerve.


Training Field #7...


The three rookie ninja found themselves at the designated training field where for a rare moment Kakashi was on time. Kakashi just stared at each of them with his exposed eye, “My first opinion of you is you all is...” he began as he trailed off to build up the tension. He saw that Naruto could care less about what people thing of him, the hopefulness in the eyes of Rekka, and the conceit of Sasuke thinking that he could be thought highly of.


You all shouldn't be here. From the looks of it one of you can't take orders, another is trying to get approval, and the last is so full of himself he doesn't think he should work with others.” his words were accurate and cut through each of their psyches, except Naruto who shrugged it off. Kakashi gritted his teeth since it was hard to break him of his ego, 'Ginshin I see you gave Naruto pointers on not listening to others lets see if he listens to lessons...' the Copy Ninja thought silently as he continued to size each of his students up.


Alright, the chances of you three passing my test is point ten percent, so I don't plan to get to know your names yet. So what I want is to know is your what you like, dislike, and your dreams. Let me start you off, you Long Sleeves.” the silver haired jounin pointed to Rekka who appeared to be daydreaming or something of the like at the moment. She snapped to attention and blinked for a moment, “I like studying in my spare time, I don't care if its ninjutsu or something of a hobby as long as its fun, my dislikes are having nothing to do, and my goal is learn about who I really am.” the girl quietly said showing that she had more depth that what she had showed.


'Hmm...I was expecting her to be an airhead...seems she has some depth to her...' the Copy Ninja said under his breath as he could see the girl was actually not some shallow fangirl which gave Kakashi some hope. He then turned his attention to the wild looking ninja who looked like he was raised by wolves, which wasn't a far cry from the truth. “Okay you, No Sleeves...” the cycloptic Jounin said as he pointed at Naruto, he was in dread of what kind of pearls of wisdom the kid might come up with.


Me? I like the unusual family I have, practicing Ninjutsu, and learning to cook when I have the time, my dislikes are arrogance, having fangirls set upon me, and being encouraged to hit on everything with ovaries. My goal? Tch like that takes a brain surgeon, I want to be Hokage someday so I can protect all of those I care about and consider part of my pack. By which I mean the whole village.” the sleeveless Genin explained with eloquence which surprised the copy ninja. But the mentioning of a pack made the Copy Ninja realized that Ginshin wasn't as baseless as he once thought him to be. “Alright, you! Cockatoo hair.” the chronically late Jounin pointed at Sasuke at last causing Sasuke to glare, and the other two to bite back a snicker.


With his fingers laced in front of him, the Raven haired genius collected himself, “I like to study when I can, I dislike annoyances and how girls seem to be crazy about someone they haven't seen in a long time, and my goal is to help restore my clan, and to avenge the disgrace brought upon it by a certain person...” the Raven Haired avenger coldly stated as he continued to look at Kakashi and his team with dislike.


Alright...we'll begin the test...” Kakashi coldly stated as he pulled out two bells, which he dangled in front of the three. “You have until dusk to acquire these from me...but you better come at me with the intent to kill...or you will fail. The one of you who doesn't get one will...” the silver haired jounin was then cut off, “be tied to the stump right?” the somewhat arrogant Sasuke stated coldly with half interest in the test. “Exactly...so try to work together...” the cycloptic jounin said with mild irritation at Sasuke's know it all behavior.


The three genin nodded their heads and disappeared into the surroundings. Hours would pass and Kakashi was still on guard of course, thats when Sasuke rushed Kakashi from behind causing the Jounin to cunningly block the Uchiha's attacks with great ease. First the punch was caught, then the kick was blocked, then Sasuke was sent airborn. “Sennen Goroshi!!” Kakahsi called out as he put his hands together and thrust them forward hitting Sasuke in a very uncomfortable place which sent him flying off in pain. Thats when from two directions Naruto and Rekka came rushing from both sides, Naruto with his seven bladed sword drawn.


Kakashi smirked behind his mask seeing that the two had already gotten good team work skills which he was trying to teach. Naruto swung the long sword swiftly, which Kakashi dodged swiftly and gracefully at that. Thats when Rekka produced her steel fans and the long sleeves flew back allowing her better momentum. Her fans lashed out swiftly and cut through the air with great savagery as her eyes flared angrily as she came with the intent to kill. While Kakashi was keeping up with the pace of the attacks quiet well, yet he was at his limit, well for the level of holding back, thats when he saw Naruto tug the silk sash that was tied around the metal loop of an ornate tai chi sword causing it to be removed from it's scabbard. Naruto grabbed hold of it once it was out of the sheath and swung it forward cutting the two bells loose.


Thats when Rekka tossed one fan into the air and grabbed hold of the bells, gracefully spinning away, Naruto smirked and swung both swords and stopped them right at Kakashi's neck. “Kakashi-sensei...next time don't hold back. Kay?” Naruto said with a wild smirkm just before pulling his swords away, and sheathing them.


Naru-kun! Here's your bell!” the chipper blonde chimed as she walked over to Naruto, he just raised a hand to her with a kind smile. “Give it to Mister I can do it on my own. I'll be tied to the stump.” Naruto was showing a kind gesture which caught the prideful Uchiha off guard, it was great trauma to him finding that his rival was showing a kind gesture, or what he thought was pity. “Needless to say, you all pass, what Naruto did proves the basis for team work, putting the whole of the team first...” Kakashi calmly said as he looked at the three students in front of him, he looked at Sasuke and shook his head.


Long ago I learned the hard way, a Shinobi who doesn't follow orders is scum, but a Shinobi that abandons his comrades for the sake of the mission is worse than scum.” the experienced Shinobi explained coldly, remembering the lesson his best friend had taught him. He looked at Naruto who impressed him the most at the moment, “But you have all earned the right to be Shinobi...we will start going on missions as of tomorrow.” Kakashi then gave them all an overly enthusiastic thumbs up, after which Naruto and Rekka linked arms and danced like ninnies in celebration, chanting shinobi repeatedly.


A few days later...


Team Seven was getting another mission assignment, they were about to be given another D ranked mission, thats when Naruto snapped, “NO MORE FINDING THAT DAMN CAT!!! I'm going insane, the cat will return by itself! Give us a real mission!! If you have a sense sympathy give us something worthy of a ninja!!!” Naruto roared out angrily, causing Rekka to nod her head in agreement. “Naruto. All Genin are required to go on a set amount of D Ranked missions. So no complaining!” Iruka responded angrily at the complaints of the Genin.


Iruka, I think they're more than ready for a C Ranked mission, and I have just the mission in mind, send him in.” the elderly Sarutobi stated as he defused the situation, he also figured it was necessary for a Shinobi to have at least one higher ranked mission, one of the Shinobi at the door nodded and opened the door letting a sakkat wearing old man walk in. “Tazuna-san this is the Team that will be escorting you back to Wave Country...” the pipe smoking Kage calmly explained, of course Tazuna didn't seem too impressed.


Hmph. The squad leader is half blind, the rest are just kids...but beggars can't be choosers.” the hard to please man coldly stated, this caused Kakashi to raise his eyebrow, of course Naruto and Rekka on the other hand were furious. They were not just kids! They were almost teenagers, which in truth made them not children, it made them preteens! “We'll need to get things for the trip, we'll meet you by the front gates when we are prepared...we'll meet you at the gate when we are ready...” the cycloptic Jounin explained subtly, glad that Naruto didn't try to attack the client.


That's fine, just don't take long I need to get back so I can finish building the great bridge...I am a great bridge builder you know.” with that the man took a swig from his bottle of sake, this resulted in Naruto resisting the urge to call the man a drunk as well. With that the shinobi team stepped out of the office and proceeded to head home to prepare for the mission.


One hour later...


Kakashi, and the three Genin stood at the gate ready to go, they weren't on the road for less than two minutes when Rekka began to ask questions. “Sensei? Don't they have a shinobi village in the land of Waves?” she the girl with a long braid asked quietly, since she was under the impression all countries had shinobi. “No. The Land of Waves is cute off from the mainland and it is such a small island a Shinobi village couldn't be settled there. So if the people there need the assistance of a Shinobi they have to travel to one of the Shinobi villages to get the assistance they need.” the cycloptic Jounin explained kindly, as they walked, of course as they walked he took note of the puddles along side the road. Since it hadn't rained recently it was out of place, it got his suspicions going.


Then from out of nowhere two ninja wearing respirators rushed forward and coiled bladed chains around Kakashi and shredded him to pieces. “One down...two down...” one of them stated as they rushed towards Naruto who froze in a panic since he had no real life or death situations ever. One of the two shinobi managed to scratch Naruto's arm with their clawed gauntlets, as they continued towards Rekka. Thats when with quick thinking a combination of Shuriken and Kunai bound the chain that connected the duo's gauntlets to a tree. This of course didn't stop them as they dislodged the chain from their gauntlets and continued to bold for it. As if by a divine miracle Kakashi returned from the grove and took both down with a clothesline maneuver.


Kirigakure Shinobi...who sent you?” Kakashi attempted to get some answers but the two shinobi then kicked Kakashi in the stomach and bolted for it in two seperate directions, making them impossible to catch at this juncture. Sasuke smirked feeling a sense of superiority to Naruto and said, “Are you okay? Crybaby?” this of course irritated Naruto since he spent years trying to make himself better than Sasuke with out beating the tar out of him. “Naruto...you may want to tend to your wounds their claws were laced with poison, possibly through blood letting.” the bearer of white chakra said, hearing this Naruto unsheathed his long sword and punctured the palm of his hand to release some blood. “What are you crazy Naruto!” the blonde girl shouted thinking a kunai would of sufficed.


No...I'm making a blood oath...to never be afraid like that again! I'm always talking a tough game but I need to actually not be afraid in real combat I'm a shinobi now!” the whisker marked boy roared, he let his blood pour down the blade of his oddly shaped sword, not noticing that when his blood touched the first Kanji, the Kanji for courage. When this occurred the kanji then glowed for a moment, then with a flick of his wrist Naruto flicked the blood from the sword and sheathed it. Then he took some bandages from his pack and bandaged up his wounds quickly. “Tazuna...we were under the impression the people after you were bandits when the mission was requested but the fact Shinobi are after you changes the nature of the mission all together, it was a C Ranked mission. But now its likely an A Ranked Mission due to other Shinobi being involed...so come clean...” the silver haired Shinobi gruffly said with the concern of his team coming first.


Fine...ya got me...the truth is we couldn't afford to put in the request for the A ranked mission, so I lied. A few years back, a man named Gatou took over our little island making our island impoverished and overall a hell hole. So to help bring in goods cheaper I opted to build a bridge to connect the island to the mainland...thats when the attacks began...it was clear the Gatou didn't want to lose the stranglehold he had on us...so we scrapped what money we could and I went to get the help of some Shinobi...so please help us out.” the bridge builder said with a pleading voice, this of course was a good change of pace since he had been verbally abusive since he had met the shinobi team.


I guess we have no choice...if things are that desperate...we'll help but as of now this will be classified as an A Ranked mission...” the jounin with silver hair responded since he wanted to avoid any possible guilt trips, of course the whole dynamics of the situation was changed dramatically. “This means we will have to be on guard even more, since Shinobi will be after Tazuna...which means Sasuke, you shall have to work with the rest of like a team, there is no 'I' in team...” the jounin was now speaking with a more authoritative voice.


The Genin team nodded their heads in understanding, of course Sasuke was still not too thrilled about having to work well with others. Especially the one who had done everything he could to embarrass him at every chance, the Sharingan was the equalizer in the all of this because he considered the Sharingan to greatest power. 'If I use my Sharingan I am stronger than you Naruto...but you keep proving to be better than I am...and I am an Uchiha...we're supposed to be superior! Yet you freezing means nothing...I have to be stronger!' the Raven Haired avenger thought to himself, it was as if he were unsatisfied with the strength he had.


A few days later...


Get down!” Kakashi shouted as the group all dropped to the ground swiftly, a large sword flew through the air before embedding itself deep in a tree. “You've been lucky up to this point Tazuna but you won't be returning home!” shouted a giant of a man who was perched on the branch of a nearby tree. The man then widened his gaze when he saw the swords that the blonde Genin carried on his person, 'Those swords...where did a brat like that acquire them...' the large ninja thought to himself.


Mamochi Zabuza...the Demon of the Mist...that explains why you are here, because the way I heard it the Seven Shinobi Swordsmen, of Kirigakure were on the lamb for the uprising the started.” the cycloptic Jounin coldly said his visible eye showing a more serious expression for a change. This is when the monolithic shinobi turned his attention to Kakashi, a demonic look in his eyes as he rushed through the trees making a straight line towards his sword. Ripping the sword from the tree he dropped to the ground and headed straight for Kakashi and the two began to engage in combat, thats when Kakashi ran across the water heading right for a trap. Zabuza put his large sword in the holster on his back and produced hand seals quickly, “Suiro no Jutsu!!!” the water then rose and surrounded Kakashi as the Demon of the Mist put his hand forward to maintain hold on the prison by pouring his Chakra into the water. “I see...so that must mean you're Sharingan no Kakashi. An S Ranked Enemy Ninja listed in the Bingo Book of Kirigakure...” the demonic man stated with malice to his voice.


Kakashi-sensei!!” Naruto roared as he unsheathed the long sword from the scabbard across his back, his left hand unsheathing the katana that rested at his right side. “NO! Naruto, you guys leave he is a stronger Shinobi than you think. When he failed to pass the entrance exam he went on to kill every student that did...” the bearer of the White Chakra coldly explained, this caused a sick smile to form under the mask of the Kirigakure Nukenin.


Like that'll do any good...he'll still find us...and like Ginshin always told me...'Wolves always look after their own.' you're like family Kakashi-sensei...I'm not running!” the blonde with a flowing mane flowing behind him, almost in a heroic manner. The Kirigakure Shinobi without eyebrows glared angrily and formed a water clone, “It's that kind of talk that proves you are just a kid! In Kirigakure to become a Genin we are forced to kill someone to pass, you just have a little test to make a little Bunshin...imagine having to kill someone you ate meals with and studied with, thats what makes a true Shinobi.” the mist ninja roared angrily. The Mizu Bunshin charged acrossed the water then knocked the wild looking Genin down to the ground. It pulled the hitae-ate from Naruto's head before kicking Naruto across the ground. “You aren't fit to wear the hitae-ate!” the the towering swordsman, cruelly said, which caused Naruto to growl angrily.


Kuchiyose: Flashback no Jutsu!


Naruto. That headband is very important, it belonged to your father, and to the Shodaime himself, its a family heirloom. So take good care of it. Because it'll be like those who wore this headband in the past are their guiding you. Their spirits live on through the next generation...” the sakkat wearing Jounin explained in a fatherly tone, the blonde nodded his head in understanding.


Back in the present...


Hey...you, the freak with no eyebrows!” the blonde shouted as he stood to his feet, sheathing the two swords quickly. “You insulted the wrong Genin...Katon: Tsuin Kin'iro Tentousama (Fire Release: Twin Gold Sun)!!!” the wild genin roared as he formed the two golden orbs of fire in his hands, lowering his arms Naruto rushed swiftly across the ground, leaving twin blackened trails as the spheres scorched the ground. This sight left the demon of the mist in shock as the spheres lunged forward straight into the Mizu Bunshin completely destroying it, the intense heat striking the water caused great amounts of steam to rise. The wild ninja then caught hold of his hitae-ate and tied it back around his head and held his fist out with his thumb pointing downward, “And you can bank on this Demon, you're going down!” the young shinobi declared with great confidence in his voice.


'Where did he get this strength...a few days ago he froze up...Naruto, you keep surpassing me...! It shouldn't be like this! I should be the better one! You are just a fool from a fallen clan! I'm an Uchiha we're supposed to be superior!' the Uchiha muttered at a low level he was sick of feeling inferior to Naruto who was somewhat stronger, more confident, and lastly didn't think twice about anything. “Hey Sasuke...we gotta get Kakashi-sensei outta that prison so we need to work together...Rekka you too...” the blonde with a wolf's mentality explained as he walked towards his team mates, with his back to Zabuza, Naruto began to use handseals making use of Kirigakure no Jutsu causing a thick fog to fill the area.


Okay, heres the plan...Sasuke...you throw this...” as Naruto said this he produced a Fuma Shuriken from his pack and handed it to Sasuke, the boy with Onyx eyes nodded and prepared it. “And then? He'll just catch it...so whats this great plan of yours...” the Uchiha didn't seem that impressed since the plan seemed pretty much flawed. Rekka then smacked Sasuke across the back of the head, “Sasuke-kun let Naru-kun finish!” the blonde girl rasped with anger, this of course caused the raven haired boy to blanch in fear. “Arigatou Rekka...now here is where the plan begins to unfold further...I will then use Henge to turn into a second one when Emo-pants uses Kage Shuriken no Jutsu to hide me in the shadow of the first...the freak will jump above it thats when the attack comes from behind...” Naruto smirked proudly as he explained his strategy, it was pretty much flawless.


And what about me Naru-kun?” the girl seemed interested in the role she would play, hoping for a big part in Naruto's plan. “You protect Tazuna.” the spiky haired shinobi quickly shot down Rekka's hopes without much effort. “Let's just get this done with...” the Uchiha muttered and Naruto created a kage Bunshin to hold his place, and used Henge to turn himself into the second shuriken. The kage Bunshin dissipated the thick fog, giving Sasuke the chance he needed a clear line of sight. The genius of the team then threw the Shuriken swiftly letting it cut through the air, as if it were true to its namesake. ”You can't hit me with a Shuriken! Not even if you threw it hard enough!” The swordsman exclaimed as he caught the shuriken, but traveling in the shadow of the first flew straight forward. “Like I said you can't hit me with a Shuriken!” as he said this he jumped in the air avoiding the second shuriken with ease.


As the shuriken flew under Zabuza, Naruto dispelled his transformation, the blonde pulled a kusari-fundo out of a holster on his left leg and swung it, the chain coiled around Zabuza's torso teathering the wild Genin to his target. Pulling the chain Naruto swung himself around causing him to fly straight for the Demon of the Mist. Releasing the chain and letting physics take it's course Naruto unsheathed the sword on his back, and prepared to swing. The dark haired Nuke-nin seeing no choice released the prison of water from Kakashi and turned throwing the fuma shuriken at Naruto, whom deflected it with his sword.


You're luck has run out Zabuza...” the copy ninja darkly said he was freed from the prison of water, raising his hitae-ate Kakashi revealed his Sharingan eye. Naruto continued his flight towards Zabuza, the Demon of the mist prepared his sword swinging it towards the Genin. Naruto brought forward his sword while unsheathing the ornate tai chi sword for added assistance against Zabuza's sword, but due to the Shinobi Swordsman's greater strength the blonde was sent flying across the water. “I'm not interested in fighting you brat...” with that said the swordsman holstered his sword and threw Kakashi across the water and proceeded to do hand seals. Kakashi regaining his balance in mid flight landed on top of the water and began to copy Zabuza's hand seals in turn and at once both roared out, “Suiton: Suiryuudan (Water Release: Water Dragon Blast)!“ as they both shouted this simultaneously two large serpentine dragons made of water arose from the water, roaring out just before crashing right into one another.


This caused a large wall of water to crash through out the area, but the two jounin were continuing on, Zabuza began to form the hand seals, thats when Kakashi finished the set of hand seals first. “Suiton: Daibakufu (Water Release: Great Waterfall technique)!!” the copy ninja shouted and a great blast of water spiraled straight for Zabuza and sent him flying, just as his large frame hit a tree two kunai struck his body keeping him in place. “Like I said Zabuza...your luck has run out...today you die...” the silver haired ninja spoke coldly as he prepared a kunai to deal the final blow, as he prepared to do such senbon struck the large nukenin in the neck, killing him. Thats when an Oinin descended from the trees above and stood ready to fight.


I thank you...I was tracking him for sometime but you seem to have done me a favor by wearing him out. I shall now take his body to be disposed of.” the Oinin, with a spiral designed mask said as they hefted the large man over their shoulder and prepared to leave. “Not so fast! If you're an Oinin shouldn't you dispose of the body right here?” whisker marked boy shouted as he dragged himself out of the water, once he was on the land he sheathed his blades and walked forward. The Oinin frowned from behind her mask and jumped into the trees quickly, 'Not good...that boy is observant and well informed...' the girl thought to herself as she carried her master away.


Pretty observant Naruto...” the copy ninja calmly said as he pulled his hitae-ate down to cover the Sharingan before he used too much chakra. Naruto yelled angrily and unsheathed the katana at his right, “WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!?” he roared and swung the blade horizontally. This action didn't seem to do anything but after he sheathed the blade, the tree slid down due being cut through and crashed to the ground. “The reports say Zabuza had followers with him, his adoptive daughter, his biological daughter, the demon brothers whom we encountered already, and whoever that so called Oinin was...this is deeper than we expected...we'll continue on from here to make sure we reach our destination...despite Zabuza escaping we have time to prepare he received enough injuries to buy us time to do such.” the cycloptic Jounin explained to the group whom all nodded, Naruto was still furious that he didn't do enough to stop the large ninja from getting away.


For now things were at a stalemate, it was clear the three Genin would need more training, if they wished to protect the client. Rekka would require a chance to prove herself, Sasuke how to work with others to bring out his full potential, and Naruto a way to focus his existent talents for ninjutsu. The fact the group they were facing were likely all S Ranked Nukenin and then there was Gatou's thugs even as strong as Naruto was he couldn't take down the whole of them. If what they heard was right Gatou had his own private army of mercenaries.

Author's notes: Okay here is chapter three, as you may have noticed there are a lot of OC's in this fic belonging to prominent families at that. That is because I want to expand upon the universe of Naruto, I have also decided to give you the readers a chance to give me ideas for the names of two of Naruto's swords. The Seven Bladed sword will be named in the next chapter and that shall also be when I reveal who Naruto's momma is.


The Katana will need to be wind themed, and the tai chi sword will be named something spiritual, just give me a concept and I will handle the naming. Now I will let you know that there will be two girls from Kumogakure because Yugito will have to have teammates. Also on to why Sasuke is on the same team as Naruto, I want to develop their rivalry to the point where Sasuke shall seek power from someone else. And the mysteries of why Furuchi is a threat to the Uchiha but that threat will be revealed much later. If you have any ideas for types of OC's you'd like to see in this fic just let me know. But no more tomboy's we got our tomboy quota filled!


As for why Sakura doesn't worship Naruto yet. I decided I need to have girls who aren't completely obsessed with Naruto this time around. Hence why Naruto has to deal with Seika, Meika, and Suisei later on, its an Anti-Ginshin plot! Because despite his popularity with women, its earned him a bad rep, but for now lets see how Naruto deals with this mission. ONWARD!! To the next chapter! Of course first, gotta do Sounds, and IIE updates.