TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Dealing with Love by Makkura Arashi

[Reviews - 14]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Here it is the next chapter. Thank you all for reviewing!! Hope you like this one, a little too much angst and I’m not too happy with it, but tell me what you think!! Un-Beta’d.

Thoughts


Naruto’s thoughts about Sasuke.

Chapter 11:

The blond munched on his sandwich, dialling Sasuke’s number. The damn idiot refused to pick up. He’d woken up to find Sasuke wasn’t by his side. These were the times Naruto wished he’d developed a habit of either smoking or drinking no matter how detrimental to your health it was. At least it would distract him, keep him from worrying.

Naruto was beyond angry. There were supposed to leave in two hours but Sasuke was no where to be seen. His belongings were still here, so it wasn’t like he’d left. But no one knew where he was…not even Kakashi. He’d sent the others back to Konoha earlier to get back to taking care of business and such like while he had time to bid Tsunade and Jiraiya good bye.

He tried calling Sasuke’s phone again, but the automated voice said the phone was switched off. He didn’t know if he should be this worried and that in itself worried him. Sasuke went off by himself so often, that this didn’t seem strange anymore. Where the fuck are you, teme? Kakashi was out searching as well but there was still no word.

There was a clang as the doorbell rang. Naruto raced to the door, before the maids could even get up. He threw the door open and found himself glaring at a raven. His shirt got caught in a tight grip.

“WHERE THE HELL, IS HE?”

Naruto blinked before yanking the guy’s hands off. “You’re Sai, aren’t you? Who do you mean?”

“Sasuke! That’s who I mean! Where the hell is he, Uzumaki?”

Naruto scowled. “I have no idea. I’m trying to reach him as well. We went out after which I went for a nap. When I woke up he wasn’t around. I thought he’d be hanging with you or something!”

Sai stared at him. “No…he isn’t.” the older man’s voice was quiet. “You should sit down, Naruto and hear me out. I’m afraid we’re too late.”

At that Naruto felt scared…fear gripped him like a vice. “What…what do you mean?”

Sai just asked the man to take him to the living room. They both sat down looking at each other a bit. Sai sighed. “Look, I’m a private detective. My name is Danzou Sai. Sasuke had a very important matter for me to attend to and I think you’d better hear it.” Sai proceeded to tell Naruto everything. From Arashi’s confrontation with Sasuke, to why he killed Kyuubi. When he was done the blond was staring at him, pale faced and shocked.

“No!” Naruto’s hand came to rest in his blond locks clenching it… “You’re lying! Dad…I know dad is a little crazy, but he can’t…Kyuubi…oh god…” Naruto slipped off the couch and onto his knees. It’s my fault…Sasuke… “If dad…then Sasuke…”

He stood up not hearing Sai yell at him. The detective was trying to hold him down, but Sasuke was the only person on his mind. He shoved Sai off and raced to the garage. Jumping into one of the cars he revved and drove out. He had no idea where to look. He’d been asleep for about four to five hours and anything could have happened in that time. He stopped for a minute to gain his breath. “I don’t know where to look. If I need to find him, I need to look at places I know…”

He reached Arashi’s company in record time and ran all the way up the stairs. When he reached the floor his father’s office was on, his secretary tried to stop him. Arashi-sama was in a meeting she said. Naruto shrugged her off and barged into his father’s office, only to find it empty.

“Naruto-sama, Arashi-sama is in the conference hall. He will be with you in five minutes.”

“I’ll wait here for him.” Naruto went to stand by the desk; he examined the picture on it. It was of him and his father when they’d gone to the fair when he was fourteen. They had been so happy then…why did his father have to turn out like this. He sat down in his father’s chair…a place he’d aspired to take when he was younger. There was a small leather bound book on the table. Naruto frowned and reached for it. he opened it and found it was an album. Opening the first page, he almost dropped it. Kyuubi’s lifeless face stared out at him.

Naruto found he couldn’t stop turning the pages each one had a different angle of Kyuubi’s body lying in the rain. When he got to the fifth page, there was something different. This time Sasuke’s pain filled eyes stared out of the raven’s bloody face. Naruto’s fingers traced Sasuke’s face, before moving on to see more pictures; close ups and long shots which clearly showed Sasuke’s state when these had been taken.

“No…” No it can’t be…finally he reached the end of the pictures. A myriad of emotions swamped him; he turned to puke into the dustbin by the desk. He dry heaved a couple of times more, before slumping against the desk…Sasuke couldn’t be gone. The more he tried to refuse it, the more his mind drilled the facts into him.

Then suddenly he felt numb, his brain seemed to have shut down. He placed the album back on the desk and wiped his mouth with one of the tissues. Popping his head out, he smiled at the secretary. “Hirako, could you please take this dustbin out? I think I had a little too much to drink…”

The secretary shook her head. “Naruto-sama…you must take better care of yourself. I’ll take care of it…don’t worry.” She shot him a smile and lugged the bin into the elevator without any sign of disgust. He really felt grateful to her. Naruto stepped back into the office and stared at the view. Now in the dark, the city looked beautiful all lit up. It reminded him of a time during the month, when he’d taken Sasuke to see Sunatate, the tallest tower in Suna. The man had looked so awed at the view.

“I’ve never seen anything from this height before…except on your plane, but that doesn’t count.” Sasuke smiled. “I like this. Thanks.”

It was one of those smiles, the ones which made Sasuke’s face light up and look so much softer. The smiles that made Naruto feel warm inside. Naruto’s mind folded that memory up and locked it away. Thankfully he heard footsteps approaching, before he could reminiscence more. He was here for a reason… he couldn’t let his emotions rule him now.

He turned to see his father enter. The blond man started and then smiled a warm smile at him. “Naruto…what a surprise! Weren’t you supposed to be leaving today?” he threw an arm around his son’s shoulders.

Naruto stepped away, letting the arm slide off. Don’t touch me. Looking straight into identical deep blue eyes, he asked calmly. “Is he still alive?”

Arashi stared at him for a moment, before his grin broadened. “I have no idea what you’re talking about?”

Naruto smiled mirthlessly. “Oh really? I’m talking about you and Sasuke, dad…I’m asking if you left him alive? Or did you murder him like you did Kyuubi?”

“I don’t go around killing your friends Naruto. I’m your father, why would I do that?” Arashi said a frown upon his handsome face. He even looked sincere.

“I saw you kill Kyuubi. And I just went through that album of yours. You would…you would kill them because you’re in love with me. Because in the end they’re not my ‘friends’ or my ‘lovers’…they’re your rivals.” It was surprising how he could say these things with out hurting the man or breaking down. But then he couldn’t feel anything, not really…it was like all these feelings were just peeking out from behind a curtain, but weren’t really there.

Arashi pondered on whether he should deny it anymore. He decided not to. “So you know… well there isn’t any reason for me to hide it then. I love you Naruto…not as my son alone but as more. I want you…I want to be your lover.”

“Why, dad?”

“It’s because I’ll be the best lover you’ve had. I won’t hurt you or betray you…people always betray their lovers. Your mother betrayed me, my one-time lover betrayed me…I won’t!” Arashi made his way up to him, trapping Naruto against the window, palms flat against the glass and arms on either side of him. “But I’m your parent…I’ll always love you. And I’m not worried about what society says…Please don’t push me away...” Arashi bent down and softly kissed Naruto.

Naruto yanked his head to a side, breaking the kiss. He pushed Arashi away from him. “You’ve all ready hurt me. You have betrayed me! The only times I ever fell in love, you took that away from me.” His voice was dull. “If you’d told me…if you’d told me maybe I still would have entertained the idea, but right now you’re repulsive!”

Arashi jerked back like he’d been slapped. He grabbed Naruto and slammed him against the wall, kissing him roughly. “Don’t you dare talk to me like that! I just told you everything I’ve been trying to say for years. You should have realised! You’re such an oblivious person sometimes! It’s your fault! Even after Kyuubi, you still brought that slave with you! And all you can do is talk about him! I love you…doesn’t that mean anything?”

“Yeah it means a lot…it means you’re deranged!” Naruto struggled a bit. “Not because you have incestuous feelings, that’s understandable, you were all I had and I was all you had! But because you’re a murderer. You haven’t answered my question…is he alive?”

Arashi’s eyes went cold. “No. I threw him into the drains. There are no banks there, only smooth walls all the way to the sea…which is four hours away at the rate the water flows. He couldn’t move…he’d hurt his back, so that rules out swimming. So yes, Uchiha Sasuke is dead. Is that what you want me to say, Naruto?”

Naruto pushed his father away. Attacking him now wasn’t going to be of any use and in his current state there was no way he could beat him. “Thank you for telling me, Arashi-san.” He turned and walked away, leaving Arashi staring at him.

“Don’t you want to kill me, Naruto? Aren’t you going to do anything? Anything at all? I love you…” he burst into crazed giggles. He stopped suddenly, his eyes and voice filled with pleading. “Please don’t leave me alone…don’t push me away!”

The last two lines were heart rending, but Naruto never stopped walking, not even when his father began to sob behind him as the elevator doors closed with a ‘ping’.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked down the lobby and out into the fresh air. Usually air made him happy, but now nothing could lift his spirits. Sasuke…his body was on automatic. He drove aimlessly, not wanting to go home…not wanting to go any place which reminded him of Sasuke. Yes Kyuubi was gone…all that remained was pain for Sasuke. His father was right…it was his fault. I was his fault, because he’d been so oblivious, he’d brought Sasuke along after seeing his father kill Kyuubi. He never bothered to ask Sasuke what had happened between them. He hadn’t even bothered to tell him he loved him…which he did. I killed you…

He parked and stepped out. To be honest he had no idea where he was…that was nice. It started to rain…drizzle. The rains of Suna would come…they came like downpours…maybe this week, maybe next.

“I don’t like this weather…I like rain. It’s like the cleaners in the sky are finally washing the world…” he blushed a bit. “My mother used to say that…” he rubbed his head a little embarrassed.

Naruto fell to his knees and grabbed his head. He screamed silently, before it turned into a full fledged wail. Maybe I should die…maybe I should join you…forgive me, Sasuke!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You found the cars? Where?” Tsunade asked, her voice sounding a little desperate. “W…White Sand district? And the other one was found where? In an alley way at North Wind? But why are they there? Haven’t you found any trace of the men?”

Jiraiya came to stand behind her, rubbing soothing circles on her back. Tsunade was close to tears, closer to tears than she had ever been. “Searching the drains? S…suicide! They’ve been gone four days all ready! Searching the drains won’t do any good! I know they’re alive! Please find my nephew…and find Sasuke!”

She hung up, tears running down her face. Ino came to give her hug and Hinata just sat by looking worried. Shikamaru couldn’t stop pacing and for once Kiba was sitting quietly. They’d all returned the moment Tsunade had called them to ask if Naruto and Sasuke were with them.

“What did they say?” Shikamaru asked. He stopped walking for a moment.

“They found the cars. One at White Sand and the other at North Wind. They’re on two different sides of the city. And they haven’t been able to trace either of them being near the car. They think…they think one of them may have committed suicide or something. They’re…oh god…they’re searching the drains!” the last words came out as a wail.

Ino and Jiraiya tried their best to comfort her. Shikamaru studied the window. “If we only knew who was driving which car. It would be so much easier then. And who visited Naruto? The maid said they’d had a visitor, but since Naruto got the door, no one bothered to see who it was.”

“He’ll be ok! Naruto will be fine! And so will Sasuke! Nothing can have happened ok? He said he’d done this before after Kyuubi’s death. What if he’s done it again?” Kiba burst out, sounding as though he couldn’t take being silent anymore.

Jiraiya shook his head. “The last time from what I know, it was a big fight he’d had with Arashi. We don’t know why but it had something to do with him not sympathising with Kyuubi’s death or something. But we can’t get through to Arashi. He’s away and the last anyone saw him, was before a meeting. The secretary claims Naruto went to see him, but she doesn’t know if Arashi met him or not.”

“I think...I think Naruto-kun will be fine.” Hinata spoke in her quiet, shy manner and slowly so she wouldn’t stammer. “If he’s disappeared without telling us, then maybe he needs alone time? We should let the police conduct their investigation…if they don’t find him, he’ll turn up eventually.”

Tsunade stood up and walked away, presumably to her room and Jiraiya followed her. Ino went to bring them some hot chocolate. Kiba stared out the window, still unusually quiet, a worried frown on his face. Where are you Naruto?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it always happened in all dramatic stories, the first of the Suna rains began. This always made people happy…the weather cooled down and the minute number of plants they tried to grow would do so without the help of greenhouses. For Haku it was a relief…his plants could finally grow stronger and not need his attention all the time.

He opened the outer roof of the green house by remote control; the inner roof regulated the amount of water certain plants needed. Arms wrapped around him as Zabuza hugged him from behind. Haku turned and smiled at him. “It’s raining at last!”

Zabuza smiled back, before pushing Haku up against the window gently and softly kissing him. “It’s good to see you happy. Are you going to make me happier?”

Haku pushed Zabuza smiling wryly. “Come on, you still have to make dinner…you may be hungry for something else but I need food. And if you behave maybe I will make you happier tonight…”

Zabuza threw up his hands in defeat before heading to the kitchen. Haku fell onto his couch and switched on his favorite martial arts channel. He loved checking out the new moves and stuff. He and Zabuza used to run a dojo a few years back, but they’d gotten sick of it and now were content with just setting up fights at the fairs.

This time they were showing a documentary on Wing Chun. Haku frowned, sure it was good but he preferred Tai Chi, though the art did take about twenty years to practice. Zabuza yelled for him to come get dinner, but he didn’t want to miss this interesting part of the show. To his irritation, Zabuza switched off the TV. Haku growled and tackled him to the floor.

“Zabuza…I said I’d make you happy id you behaved. Behaving means making me happy. And watching that show will make me happy.” Haku rested his forehead against his lover’s.

Zabuza shook his head. “No. it’s not healthy to eat in front of a TV. We’ll have dinner and you can watch whatever you want. If you get me the name for the show, I’ll even download it for you.”

Haku sighed. “Thank you. I wish everyone had a nice boyfriend like you.” Haku proceeded to run his tongue over his boyfriend’s lips. They kissed softly and calmly, no tension between them, each knowing what the other wanted.

There were loud knocks on the door and a thud. Haku was off Zabuza in a second. He opened the door, only to catch their visitor who boneless-ly fell forwards.

Haku gasped. “It’s you!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chocolate brown haired man sighed. He’d been watching for so long, but the man didn’t move. The place was so depressing. He didn’t know why Kakashi brought him here; come to think of it Kakashi had been acting weird. Sure the man was very important, but he was just a secretary who took care of things. He looked up as the silver haired man came in.

“Kakashi!” he wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

The silver haired man smiled. “Iruka…so how is he?”

“Shizune said he wasn’t doing too good. But he’s not in any danger.” The brunet kissed him again.

Kakashi slammed his lover back into the wall, kissing him aggressively. He hadn’t seen Iruka in a month…he’d missed his taste. Iruka’s fingers made it into his shirt and slipped it off slowly, neither paid attention to the man in the bed. Kakashi moaned as the man began kissing his neck, leaving a trail of soft kisses; he let his hands tangle in Iruka’s hair. “Iru…ka…I missed you…”

“I missed you too.” Iruka murmured against his neck. He started moving downwards from shoulder to chest and suddenly stopped. Drawing back, he let his hands trace the red hickey that graced Kakashi’s body just above his left nipple. He looked up at Kakashi his eyes filled with hurt. “Who gave you that?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Who is with Haku? And who is with Iruka? Who is the man? Is Sasuke really dead? All these questions will be answered next chapter. But you could always give it a try in your review!! Ja ne!!