TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Remembrance by DancerOfShadows

[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Whooo...wrote all of this last night. I've never actually described wounds before, so it was interesting, to say the least. Online thesauruses rock. Anyways. Hopefully my updates will continue to be put out at decent intervals, now that I've paused for about half a year...
Tenten's stomach only held a bit longer than Hinata's. Soon, there was not only blood everywhere, but two pools of vomit as well. Medic-nin were everywhere, their indefinite movement seeming haphazard to the outsiders. Hinata and Tenten made their way closer to the beds, shoving weakly through the medic-nin when necessary. Most of the time, the medic-nin moved out of the way of their own accord.

The blood was coming from five beds. Hinata scurried up to the one whose occupant was injured the most. His thickly bandaged chest rose and fell erratically, red liquid blossoming through the multiple layers, seemingly endless. There wasn't even a blanket covering him, as it would have soon become a rag, wet with sweat and blood. However, very little of his regular skin was visible. The parts that weren't bandaged were burned to black- mainly along his arms. The only part of his face that was visible was the closed eyelids, eyes twitching awkwardly, the tip of his nose, and the open, dry lips through which his breath rasped. Hinata sank to her knees, horrified at what had happened to Naruto and permeated by a dread to look at the other patients.

She swallowed and stood shakily, forced to use the wall as a support. Hinata's clammy hand pressed against it, willing for the wall's unshakable strength to fill enough of her to be able to help. Her eyes, which had shut after viewing the damage on Naruto, were forced open, and she looked around at the others.

Tenten was doing the same, her face blanched in horror. It was difficult to tell each patient apart from the one lying beside him. Neji appeared to have the least external injuries, but from the medic-nin's worried murmurs, it seemed that there was considerable internal damage. Kiba was only identifiable by Akamaru- seemingly equally injured- lying beside him. A relative of Kiba's soon came and brought Akamaru away. Hinata recalled that she was a vet. Shikamaru didn't seem to have very many injuries on his body apart from a burn extending over the entirety of his chest, though his face was covered in cuts and bruises. The only one more injured than Naruto was the one who had caused all of this to happen.

Sasuke's bed was a bit away from the others. Blood flowed freely, dampening his hair and making his features- and even the extent of his wounds- practically indistinguishable. Beneath the red, his body was practically white- whether from such immense blood loss or lack of sunlight, Hinata neither knew nor cared to know. She felt an unidentifiable rage build within her, directed at this man, who had dared to injure the person she loved and the friends she held dear. For a moment, she wished nothing more than to stab this...thing in the heart until he died.

The feeling vanished as she felt Tenten's hand on her shoulder. “Let's see what we can do to help,” she rasped quietly. Her gaze was also in Sasuke's direction, but she tore it from him, as if to look at that man for one more moment would be unbearable. Hinata followed suit, and soon a medic-nin had told them to fetch cold water, cloths, and more bandages before running off to do something else.

Hours later, Hinata and Tenten were resting, sitting up against the strong walls with their feet pulled in as much as possible as to avoid tripping the still-running medic-nins, though the crazed motion seemed to have some sort of a pattern after staring at it for hours. A pattern thought up by a madman, but a pattern all the same.

It seemed that Kiba was the most reactive to the treatments, and was healing slowly. Neji, Shikamaru, and even Naruto, seemed to be recovering slightly as well. At the very least, they were no longer bleeding profusely, and a few of the layers of bandage had been removed. Sasuke, however, seemed to be far more refractory. Hinata didn't know whether it was due to his injuries or if he were somehow actively fighting the treatments, and nor did she care. She wanted Sasuke to survive, yes, but only for Naruto to be able to say, “I helped him,” and not, “I killed him.”

It wasn't long before she and Tenten were working again. Tsunade came sometime soon after, administered some treatments, and lingered far after the moon had sunk. She left with bags beneath her eyes, muttering something about reckless brats.

Kiba's eyes opened first. He simply looked around at the madman-pattered chaos around him, then glanced to either side at his injured comrades. He said nothing and moved nothing but his chest to breath and his eyes to see. The eyes closed and the breathing slowed after a short time, but it was a good sign.

Hinata and Tenten didn't even have a vague idea of how long they'd been helping. They slept sitting against the wall when they were exhausted, ate nothing but their share of the food provided for the medic-nin, drank nothing but small sips of water, and worked to revive their friends. Hinata only realized she had passed out when she awoke in a bed.