TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Being the puppeteers assistant by naomi_sama

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
-----Atsushi-----

Atsushi sat in the big dining room eating something Temari made. It was charred around the edges but Atsushi ate it politely. "How is the toast?" Temari asked sitting down with a plate of the same color. She placed them on a white plate and set a vase of flowers on the table.
"It's good," Atsushi answered not finishing the toast. So thats what it is. I thought it was charcoal. Atsushi thought to herself.
"I know I don't cook very well but someone has to do it," Temari sighed looking at her black toast.
"I could tell," Atsushi smiled making Temari laugh.
"You are so open it's pretty funny," she chuckled taking a bite of her food. She swallowed it hard looking at the rest with distaste. "You ate two of these? You must have an iron stomach."
"I usually only ate what I was given so it really isn't any different," Atsushi informed taking the plate out to the kitchen. She came back to see some guy standing in a full black outfit. His hat looked like animal ears. And his face had purple markings on it. Atsushi cocked an eyebrow looking over at Temari then back at the guy. Temari didn't seem to notice and kept eating.
"Atsushi was it, let's go," the boy called walking out of the room. Atsushi put her hand near her kunai holder, not liking the way this guy ordered her around. Temari noticed her actions and quickly stood.
"Atsushi wait," she jumped in front of her making Atsushi move her hand from her side. "That's Kankurou, he is just in his ninja uniform." The guy walked back in the room noticing the commotion and pulled off his hood. Atsushi saw it was the same person and relaxed.
"Well it was nice of you to tell me you were going to be wearing something different," she stated getting a strange look form Kankurou.
"Huh you do talk on your own," Kankurou mumbled walking away. Atsushi smiled at Temari and followed Kankurou out of the house. Pulling on a cloak, to hide her tattered cloths, she ran right next to him through the city.
"So what is the mission?" she questioned looking over at the apposed leader of the two. There was something wrapped on his back that looked like hair.
"Since my father is the Kazekage it is my job to deal with pointless foreign affairs. For example getting some ninja out of the country when they didn't register." Kankurou explained as they arrived at a building with the symbol of 'Wind' on it. "I have to get the mission location first."
"Is it on the border?" Atsushi questioned curiously. Kankurou put a hand up motioning for her to shut up. He walked into a room leaving her by herself so she walked over to another room.
"Atsushi," a voice called catching her attention. She looked over to see an old woman with a smile, "I see you have gotten bigger."
"Not really," Atsushi smiled bowing. The woman was short with white hair and wrinkly face. She was really short but so was Atsushi.
"I heard your Sensei disowned you," the woman said making Atsushi bend down. "That wasn't very smart!" the woman yelled hitting Atsushi over the head, "but I am very proud of you." The woman smiled holding Atsushi's face in her wrinkly hands.
"But Granny Chiyo, I didn't want to work with them anymore. They treated me like a weakling and said I was a woman who couldn't do anything." Atsushi sighed getting a pat on the cheek and a smile from the woman.
"You made the right decision. Your skills will be much better used when you are with the Kazekage's children. They may come off as mean but they are really quite caring if you get to know them." Granny Chiyo chuckled closing her eyes and smiling. "My dear child working with others to get stronger is what makes a great ninja, no matter what they specialize in."
"Thank you," Atsushi smiled as the woman patted her cheek.
"Go on your mission now," Granny Chiyo smiled pointing to the door. Atsushi walked out and the old woman pushed her the rest of the way.
"Take care Granny," Atsushi waved walking back where Kankurou left her. She stood only for a few seconds before he came out.
"Let's go," he motioned for her to follow and she did. They ran out of the city and into the desert. "This is the mission there are some rock ninja from the north are trying to find the city. Our job is to kill them at all costs."
"What do you want me to do?" Atsushi asked looking over awaiting orders.
"Youre going to be bait for them," Kankurou smirked looking foreword.
"WHAT!" Atsushi stared amazed at the stupid plan. "You are as bad as the last people I was with. Always making me the bait, because I'm a girl."
"I wanted you to be the bait because I wanted to try my new technique," Kankurou corrected with a smirk. Atsushi blinked relived that was the reason she got to be bait.
"So what do you need me to do?" she smirked looking back over at him. He turned his head and smiled back.
"Whatever it takes to get them to come," Kankurou stated speeding off. He was gaining speed so quick Atsushi was having trouble keeping up with him. "Hurry up."
"I can't," she mumbled more to herself. Atsushi was very good at offence but not very physically strong. Her Chakra level never went back to normal from the day before so she was falling behind fast. She watched as Kankurou vanished off in the distance, he was too far ahead. Atsushi stopped standing in the desert looking around, there were presences of other ninja. "Rock Ninja."
"Lookie here," a man's voice called appearing behind Atsushi. She quickly turned with a kunai drawn and jumped back.
"Looks like a little girl with a knife," a second man's voice replied standing with the other man. "Come here little girl and we won't hurt you too bad."
"No keep her back there, that is perfect distance for the attack," the first man smirked pulling out a piece of paper. "By orders we are to kill any Sand Ninja that try and take our secret scroll."
"So we can just say you tried to steal it and kill you anyway," the second replied holding a scroll. Atsushi stared for a second then stuck her hand forward. She twisted her middle finger and her pointer finger with a smirk.
"Poison Stinging I," she called pulling a shuriken, ninja star, from her pocket and throwing it at the ninja. They went to dodge the shuriken but were hit with a bunch of needles. As they tried to move away from the needles Atsushi grabbed the scroll and flipped over a sand dune disappearing from their view. She ran fast holding the scroll in her hand and looking behind her. Someone grabbed her and held her by the waist close to them.

-----Kankurou----

Kankurou looked back to see Atsushi struggling until she was so far behind she disappeared.She looks like she is low on Chakra. I didn't think she regained all of it and I was right, her movements were a second off then they should look. he thought to himself stopping and waiting for her to catch up. When the presence of two others came he headed for her chakra, luckily he found her. "If I take her out of their path I can attack from the offensive."
Kankurou watched Atsushi leap over a sand dune and quickly grabbed her waist. Pulling her down he held her tight so incase the Ninja came close he could carry her off to safety. Atsushi struggled in his arms, filled with the will to move but not enough strength to get away. Temari was right he thought looking down.
"Calm down it's me," Kankurou said ceasing her movement. "Let me have the scroll," he whispered and she handed him the scroll and he let her go.

-----Atsushi-----

Hearing Kankurou's voice was enough to calm Atsushi down. After he let her go she sat next to him wondering what he was going to do. "The ninja want that scroll for some reason."
"It may have something against the village, I'll keep it, go hide until I get rid of them," Kankurou ordered standing in front of Atsushi. She quickly stood and ran the opposite direction as Kankurou prepared to fight the two rock ninja. Atsushi watched sand fly behind her but didn't stop. It wasn't her order to stop.
"Come back here girly!" a voice called as Atsushi was knocked in the side falling into the ground. She was hit in the head then thrown into the sand before she could see her attacker.
"So you didn't like the needles?" Atsushi asked breathing hard from running but smirked standing to face her enemy. It was the first guy she saw, and he was mad. Soon he was accompanied by the second rock ninja shocking her, "did he lose?"
"Now it's our turn to attack, so give us our scroll," the second one demanded with needles still in his arm. "Then we might go easy on you."
"Don't you come near me," Atsushi glared at these foreign ninja. She couldn't do anything and was terrified, but she hid her fear with a smirk.
"Hand the papers over!" The first demanded impatiently. He drew three kunai and threw them towards her. Atsushi just lifted her hand and the kunai melted.
"What is this? Her chakra is getting stronger," the second one complained starring at Atsushi. Atsushi smirk faded and she put both hands to the sky.
"I warned you, Heat Stroke!" she called clapping her hands together. The ninja both started sweating like mad until their body was drained of all liquids and their skin started to shrivel. "It is my job to kill who I am told!" Kankurou came right as the ninja's bodies melted right there in the sand. "From Amaterasu the power of the sun!" Atsushi smirked bringing her hands to her side and closing her eyes before falling. Kankurou quickly jumped over to catch her before she hit the ground.
"She was being trained as an assassin," Kankurou picked her up holding her light body, "that explains the arm band but how does she have such a small amount of chakra before this attack then after it? The Kazekage should know, he probably assigned the position."

-----Temari----

Temari was reading when all the sudden her brother burst through the doors with Atsushi in his arms. "Temari take care of her," Kankurou ordered lying the girl on the sofa next to Temari and leaving.
"What do you want me to do with her? All she needs is rest," Temari stated looking over at Atsushi, "you want me to feed her?"
"No!" Kankurou yelled before leaving the house in a rush. Temari took that as a yes, ignoring her brother, and went into the kitchen. A red headed boy with green eyes walked into the living room to notice Atsushi on the couch. He walked over to the girl with a glare that could kill, sand started to gather around Atsushi, but what the boy didnt expect was the sand to start melting.

"What is this?" he asked himself scared. Temari heard the voice and rushed in the room dropping a bowl on the floor.

"Gaara!" Temari gasped about to move Atsushi away but the boy stopped. What? Gaara didnt kill her? she asked herself confused looking at her brother and at Atsushi.
"I dont need to waste my time, here," Gaara mumbled before Temari could question.
Atsushi started to move, "Temari can I have drink?" Atsushi tried to sit up but rolled onto the floor instead hitting her head on the wood.
"I guess," Temari answered a little confused, but shocked to see Atsushi didnt react to the floor. Atsushi rolled over looking at the ceiling and rubbing her cheeks. They felt as if they were pulsating, "Your cheeks are burnt like your hands, why?" Temari blurted out returning with a glass of water.
"Burnt?" Atsushi blinked looking at her hands, "how did they get burnt?"
"Here put them in this," Temari stated taking Atsushi to the sink and sticking her hands in ice-cold water. Steam rose from the water but Atsushi didnt feel anything. "Did you get lost in the desert or did you touch something hot?"
"I remember being really scared but that is it," Atsushi replied getting a gasp from Temari.

"Dont you remember how you got here?" Temari cocked and eyebrow putting dishes in the water with Atsushis hands. Atsushi felt the particles of food float to her hands but shook her head no. Great Im supposed to watch her too.

-----Kankurou-----

Kankurou bowed in front of a man wearing a strange blue and white robe with the symbol for wind shadow written on it. "Kazekage sir, I have a question regarding the girl I have newly added to my team."

"Is she becoming a problem?" the Kazekage asked and Kankurou cocked an eyebrow, shocked, at how fast he reacted.

"No sir, I was wondering about this," Kankurou held up the band Temari took off of the girls arm. On of the Kazekages assistants took the band and handed it to the Kazekage. "It was found on her arm, it means she has special training, yet her Sensei disowned her."

"She is not fit to have the special training she was given than," the Kazekage replied with a smirk. "Anyone who cant pass the simple test doesnt need that rank."

"Yes Lord Kazekage, but she could be a great advantage for the village. Since we cant have as many ninja as we need it would be good to keep her." Kankurou explained getting a look of shock from the man in front of him.

"She is that strong?" he questioned pausing, "is she going to the Chuunin exam?"

"No sir, assassin ninja have no reason to enter the Chuunin exam," one of the men informed. Kankurou thought it was strange his father didnt know what Atsushis job was but seeing he didnt want to lose her the thought slipped his mind.

"Atsushi was too valuable an asset to lose.
We could bring her with us," Kankurou suggested, "She may not enter the exam but be a spectator."

"That would be good, keep the girl with you at all times, when I send you to Konoha dont let her interact with the Leaf ninja, do I make myself clear?" the Kazekage questioned with a big smirk.

"Yes Lord Kazekage, I will make sure the leaf ninja see her as weak or dont see her at all," Kankurou reassured before leaving.

---Home---
"What do you mean hes making us baby-sit her?"Temari yelled after hearing what their father told them to do. "She is the same age as me, Atsushi doesnt need a baby-sitter!"
"But Gaara does, so whoever isnt watching him has to stick close to Atsushi, fathers orders." Kankurou let out a sigh. "He was very confusing today, he didn't know the power or job of an assassin ninja."
"Father is just stressed about the exam, he is only doing what he thinks is best." Temari informed Kankurou making him roll his eyes.
"That is coming up fast and Baki has to train us more," Kankurou moaned, "Gaara is lucky he doesn't need training."
"Oh that's what I wanted to tell you, Gaara almost killed Atsushi today." Kankurou had a look of disbelief as Temari just smiled rubbing the back of her head.
"Did he hurt he?" he demanded standing. "He didn't kill her did he?"
"Course not," Temari waved her hand trying to calm Kankurou, "If he did there would be blood on the floor."
"Where is she now?" Kankurou demanded annoyed.
"Sleeping," Temari pointed upstairs watching her brother take off. "Why does he care so much?"

----Upstairs----

Kankurou opened Atsushi's bedroom door just a crack to see her peacefully sleeping in her bed. "Atsushi is alive, why didn't Gaara kill her?" he asked himself looking around the room. He didn't see anything suspicious so he closed the door and walked away.
"Baka," Gaara thought walking out of the shadows. He walked over to Atsushi's sleeping figure glaring down with confusion. "She is special this girl, why?" he asked himself watching her sleep. "She is different than the others, I have to know how!" Annoyed from not learning anything new, Gaara disappeared in a quick wind of sand leaving traces at the spot where he stood.