TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto gone Medieval! by XenaAdamana

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Review please, also, if you would like your runes read, leave me a review about it, and I'll see what you get!
"You're not really going to fight, are you?" Sasuke said, a hint of worry in his voice.
"I have to. But not right away." Xena replied as she searched through her trunk for something, "Did Idun take them again?"
She dumped the contents of her trunk and smiled as she held up a sequined bag.
"What's that?"
"My runes. Ask a question."
"Will I become a good king?"
She moved her hands over the runes and a gold one floated forward.
"This is Nyd. Rune of dispair in this coloration. Constraint, delay, loss, need, and sorrow are some of these dispairs. It speaks most strongly of pause, staying at one point in life because you are afraid to move on. There is one bright light in all of this, it stands for lessons learned... just learn them before the darkness takes you over."
"That seems... kinda risky..."
"Don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll learn those lessons."
"You do a question."
"Will I be able to control my fire powers?"
A blue rune came forward.
"Laguz is the most feminine of runes, representing water, ironic huh? Deep romance is invoked by the rune. Through Laguz, water is seen - vast, uncontrollable, ever-changing, and vital. When interpreted as the turning tide, Laguz can predict the inevitable return from a long journey."
"Hmm... Will Itachi die in battle?"
"Okay..."
She put her hands over them, and a single rune floated forward. Xena smiled.
"What?"
She began to recite what that particuler rune means, "This is the Berkana rune, and it represents the birch tree. That particular tree is a symbol of renewal, rebirth, birth, growth and fertility. This rune is a joyous one, representing good outcomes from adventures undertaken. It is the rune of a good family or household."
Sasuke hugged her, "Itachi's not gonna die! Right?"
"Right. And this time, I put a lot of my energy to get an accurate result. Alright, my turn.... Will I ever become a true ninja?"
Another single rune floated forward.
"Laguz again."
"So basically..." Sasuke said.
"It's unclear." Xena finished.
"Hey, can I go get Itachi to see this? Please?"
"Sure."
Sasuke ran out of the room, and she practiced a few time before they finally came back.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Ask Xena a question! Go on!"
"Will I ever find my true love?" Itachi asked.
Xena held her hands over the runes. A red rune floated forward, and Xena took a little breath.
"What?!" Itachi said, the panic rising in his voice.
"This... rune is Hagalaz... It's the rune of hail. Hail is a destructive force here in the North I can presume? This rune represents great disruption in one's life. In the Northern winter, there is a halt to activity, meaning that delay or hindrance is associated with this rune. The opposite of chaos, is yet more chaos, as illustrated by the fact this rune cannot be reversed."
"And you're saying?"
"That maybe one day, it's possible, but in the meantime, there is a delay. The disruption has already come, with my sister and all."
Itachi stared at her. He then smirked.
"I have a question."
"Shoot."
"Do you like me?"
Xena smirked a little too, and moved her hands over the runes. Another rune moved forward and Sasuke prayed that it was a bad one. Xena's face lit up.
"This rune is the best one you can get!" She shouted, "It's Ansuz, and represents the critical factor in the question at hand. It refers to a god or it's spoken words. It is the voice of law, prophecy, and truth. It is the truth heard in the wind, this rune's element. This rune represents wisdom obtained or knowledge delivered. It is the rune of absolute good advice and true council - the message we all strive to hear."
"English please."
"Yes."
Itachi did a little happy dance and left the room.
"Same thing as him!" Sasuke said as soon as he left.
She jumped again, "Hagalaz again."
"Isn't that the bad one?"
"Well yeah, but it's definitely wrong." She concluded, "Something's messing up my psychic."
Sasuke hugged her, "I knew something was wrong."
"Hee hee..."
They heard a knock and turned to see Sakura, Hinata, and Neji in the doorway.
"We heard you were doing runes."
"Yup, come on in."
'This is getting interesting.' Sasuke thought.
"Okay, one person at a time, everyone else wait outside."
Sasuke, Sakura, and Neji went outside.
"Okay, Hinata. What is your question?"
"Will I ever see Naruto again?"
A blue rune floated forward.
"This is Wunjo, the rune of joy. The reversal of this rune means joy is withheld. Since joy is frequently communal, this rune often suggests loneliness. Alternatively, some think of Wunjo as the rune of the gods and perfection. Basically, sometime in the near future, dear Hinata."
Hinata blushed madly and placed a gold coin on the bed.
"You don't have to pay me."
"P-please," She stuttered, "Take it."
Xena took the gold coin and placed it in the bag. Hinata left and Sakura came in.
"You have a line forming out there."
"I don't mind. What's your question?"
"Will I be able to protect the ones I love?"
A gold rune floated forward.
"This is Fehu, the rune of wealth and cattle. Since cattle reproduce easily, it means your wealth and luck will rejuvenate itself. It also is associated with the goddess of fertility, meaning there are many children in the future."
"So I will?"
"Yes."
Sakura jumped off the bed revealing a coin.
"Why are you guys paying me?"
"It's a little gift!" She said as she ran out the room.
Neji came in and looked a bit embarassed.
"What is it, Neji?"
"Okay... Is it possible not to get married?"
A stone grey rune moved forward.
"This is Nyd, stone of powerful negitivity. I suggest not trying to not get married, or it will lead to sorrow, pain and loss."
Neji nodded and handed her another coin.
"Neji... are you not happy with marrying Sakura?"
"I am happy, but I just don't want to lose her..."
Xena smiled. Neji left and Tenten came in.
"A question? Okay... Are kunoichis stronger than shinobis?"
"Good one."
An icy stone moved forward.
"Tyr. He was the God of Men. Therefore, shinobi are stronger, but, in order to get stronger, they must sacrifice something. I still think kunoichi are stronger."
"Me too!" Tenten agreed as she handed over a coin.
Tenten left and Temari came in.
"Kay. Am I a strong kunoichi?"
A grey stone moved forward with a zigzag on it.
"Eoh. Eoh refers to the yew tree which is known for it's endurance. It means you can be hit down, but will always get back up. The bad thing, it's a symbol for death. But because of this rune, your death only means one thing - a renewal of your spirit."
Temari let out a sigh of relief and handed a coin over.
Sai came in next.
"Will I ever become an artist?"
Hagalaz floated forward.
"Hagalaz, meaning you will have to wait for it to happen. In the meantime, there may be something chaotic going on."
Sai smiled and gave her another coin. The only person left was Sasuke.
"Another question?" She asked grinning.
"When will this war end?" He said, a touch of sadness in his voice, "Too many people have died..."
A gold rune came forward.
"Raido. It stands for leadership and moral correctness. I wonder why this one came forward. It makes no sense."
"I understand." Sasuke said after a moment of silence.
"You do?"
"It's unclear, so basically, this is saying that there is no answer at the moment, but with moral correctness, it's saying that it will end eventually."
Xena smiled and ruffled his hair, "Maybe you should read them next time."
"I don't know anything about them!"
"Well it's really easy you see..."

Remember! Leave a review!