TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Learn to Love by Makkura Arashi

[Reviews - 12]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2:

“Sasuke, come here please.”

Sasuke looked up wondering what Kakashi-sensei wanted right now. He didn’t look too happy. He stood up and made his way over to his teacher’s desk as the bell rang. The other students started shuffling out. Sasuke caught sight of Sakura, but other than smiling like she normally did, she gave him a disgusted look and walked out.

“What do you want?” Sasuke questioned as Kakashi went on correcting a few papers ignoring him.

Kakashi looked up and gave him a smile, only it wasn’t a very nice smile. “Do you mind telling me, what happened yesterday? I would really like to know what you did to destroy what little regard Sakura has left for you and why you made Naruto so angry.”

Sasuke snorted. “Nothing actually. The stupid dobe started threatening because I was mean to Sakura in the past. I don’t let weaklings threaten me, so I said a few things. That’s it.”

Kakashi smiled again. “Guess he wasn’t such a weakling after all. The bruise on your jaw says other wise.” He watched as Sasuke grimaced. If looks could kill Kakashi would have been roasted and dead. He continued none the less. “Well, you must know that provoking the patient will not get you out this. I want you to apologize to him today. Naruto is a really nice guy and he doesn’t need an ass like you to tell him he’s a loser.”

Sasuke looked at his teacher in shock. Kakashi was usually nice, but right now he was insulting Sasuke…calling him names actually.”

Sasuke glared once more. “I’ll apologize.” He said sullenly before picking up his books and heading to his locker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he walked into the ward, after getting an annoyed look from Shizune, he found that it was full of people. Naruto was sitting on his bed, surrounded by the others. Sasuke recognized Neji from school. The boy had broken his leg two days back. He was sitting in a wheel chair by Naruto’s bed.

Neji’s cousin Hinata was sitting at the foot of the bed. She was gazing adoringly at Naruto. Sasuke felt a twinge of irritation. Sakura was on the bed next to Naruto and her boyfriend Lee was next to her in an armchair. There were all talking excitedly watching something on TV.

Naruto yelled out with glee. “He scored a goal! Yay! I knew he’d do it! Real Madrid is awesome! They’re the best team in the world!” he stopped cheering abruptly when he saw Sasuke. “Oh, it’s you. What do you want teme?”

The atmosphere in the room dropped two below zero degrees. Sasuke shrugged it off. After all this was I was like at home. It didn’t bother him…or so he told himself. “Can I talk to you for a while Naruto? Alone?”

Naruto frowned. “No, I am not getting my ass into a wheel chair, just so I can talk to you. Nor am I kicking everyone else out. Why don’t you just say what you want to?”

Sasuke grimaced. Naruto wanted him to apologize in front of them, then fine, he wasn’t bothered or scared of these assholes. “I wanted to apologize for being such an asshole yesterday. I was wrong to do that and…and I have dislodged the stick up my ass a bit.”

Suddenly everyone seemed to be staring at him incredulously. The Uchiha had just apologized to some? In public? Sasuke ignored their glances looking solely at Naruto.

Naruto watched the boy who seemed so oblivious to everyone. But he could see behind that bored arrogant expression, the Uchiha was really wishing for everyone to just look away. He decided to take pity on the teme. “That’s alright. Why don’t you join us? The match is getting real interesting. Come sit beside me…” he patted the place next to him.

Sasuke just brushed it off with a ‘Hn.’ He walked over and squeezed beside Naruto on the bed. The match was interesting. Sasuke found himself jigging up and down very slightly at all the parts where real Madrid almost scored a goal. He was sure Naruto would be bouncing too, if he could. But the blonde just moved his upper body up and down.

When the match ended, Naruto switched on the news. They all began discussing their favorite parts of the match. Sasuke was feeling a little out of it though. He’d never been with this many people and he had no idea how to interact.

“So what did you think Sasuke?” Naruto asked, smiling at the boy.

Sasuke looked a little startled. “Uh…I just realized I liked soccer. I don’t usually watch, I’m mostly a basket ball type of guy. But it was good. I’m glad they won.”

Everyone gaped. It was the first time Uchiha had spoken without anything derogatory or rude in his sentences. Neji smiled. “Yeah, Uchiha is the basket ball hero of the school.”

Naruto looked at him. “Really? That’s nice. I cannot play basket ball for nuts! I’m really good at running though and I’m going to play in this years inter-school matches.” He faltered suddenly. “I…I mean I was going to…” his face fell slightly.

“I’m sure you will dobe. Maybe not this year, but we’ll be at next years matches watching you. Then I get to see what an awful player you are!” Sasuke smirked.

Sakura glared. She opened her mouth to yell, but Lee stopped her. Naruto scowled. “I am a great player Sasuke! You wait and see!” Naruto yelled, but he looked at Sasuke a little gratefully.

It dawned on Sasuke that he was being too nice. He couldn’t be an asshole, because Kakashi would find out and flunk him. Yeah that’s the reason! That’s why I’m being nice. He turned to Hyuuga.

“So the great Hyuuga in a wheelchair. I can’t believe you broke your leg. You’re such a weakling!” Sasuke sneered at Neji, trying to keep up his asshole image.

Naruto glanced at the boy and realized that his heart wasn’t in the comment. Why the hell does he want to be such an asshole? Shit he must be really sick in the head! Naruto sighed.

Neji glared at the Uchiha. “If I were you I’d shut my mouth Uchiha! Can’t you be civil for once? Weakling huh? Mind telling me who gave you the nice bruise on your jaw?”

Sasuke clenched his fists. “Why don’t you get better and then we’ll sort it out huh? I could beat your ass any day!”

Thankfully before it evolved into a full fledged argument something on the news caught their attention. Naruto turned up the volume.

“Today, the world famous company ‘Chidori’ got a new chairman. Uchiha Fugaku had declared that Uchiha Itachi his eldest son is taking over from him. Itachi is the genus of the family; he graduated from college at 18 and has been learn the trick of the trade for the last four years.” The camera focused on the Uchihas. Fugaku and Mikoto were standing behind Itachi with a big smile on their faces.

“We’re very proud of our son. He’s been everything we could ask for.” Fugaku said, beaming with pride. Itachi looked at the camera with a hint of a smile.

The reporter continued. “The Uchiha family is very happy about Itachi’s new position. They have no doubt he can handle the company. Currently they have another son, Uchiha Sasuke, a senior in high school. They have hopes of him following in his elder brother’s footsteps.”

The report finished and they moved on to other topics. Everyone turned to look at Sasuke, who glared at them. “What?” his voice was still bored and calm. Only Naruto noticed his white knuckles clutching the sheets with a death grip.

Neji shrugged. “Just thinking how much you must love the fact that you were on TV. Another boost to your ego, eh?”

Sasuke smirked. “Yeah well, I have to be right? You can get on TV even if you’re family sold everything they owned for it. After all we are buying your company out…you realize that don’t you?”

Neji almost hit the boy. But Tenten entered at that moment. “Neji, you better get back to your own ward now. The doctor wants you to rest. Come on, say goodbye to Naruto.”

Neji grimaced and reluctantly said goodbye to the blonde as his girlfriend wheeled him out. Hinata shyly bade goodbye and followed them out. Sakura looked at the time and realized she had to work. Lee left with her. Leaving the two boys alone.

Sasuke was still quiet. He had a far away, lonely look in his eyes, which made Naruto want to comfort him. Abruptly the boy shook his head and looked at the blonde.

“So now what do we do?” Sasuke asked, his bangs covering his face a little. Naruto shrugged, “we could go get some fresh air….or a face full of disinfectant!”

Sasuke grinned a little. “Fine. Let’s go.” He wheeled the chair up to Naruto. Then he watched the blonde struggle like he had one the day before. Then he made up his mind.

Naruto panted softly. It took a lot out of him, hoisting himself into that chair. Suddenly two strong arms lifted him up, before gently setting him down in the chair. Then they wrapped a blanket around him. Naruto looked at Sasuke’s face in surprise. “What the…”

Sasuke smiled then; a small genuine smile. “Sometimes it’s ok, if people help you dobe. Let’s go.”

Naruto wheeled himself after him. He wondered how hard it would be to get Sasuke to smile like that. They went down to the gardens by the elevator and spent some time there. Sasuke ended up spending an hour more thn he had to with the blonde. They watched the sunset together.

Sasuke gazed at all that beauty. “I wish, I could follow the sun sometimes you know…just get away from my life, do something different…” he whispered to the blonde.

Naruto nodded. “You know, when you graduate, you should do just that. You have the money necessary…it would be cool.”

Sasuke looked at the blonde and nodded. Then he looked around. “It’s getting dark Naruto; I think we should head back inside.” He suggested.

Then he took the handles of the chair. “Let me wheel you in, you shouldn’t stress yourself out, you’ve been wheeling yourself for over an hour.” Naruto looked surprised once more but hid it. Sasuke pushed him back to his ward. He turned to smile at the boy when he suddenly stopped.

Naruto turned to see Sasuke’s brother Uchiha Itachi standing at the door to his ward. Sasuke abruptly continued to push him through and to the bed. Then Sasuke lifted him out again and set him on the bed arranging the covers. He didn’t bother to look at Itachi who stood waiting.

“Are you comfy, dobe?” Sasuke’s voice was a little harsh now.

Naruto nodded. Then he turned to Itachi. “Hey, you must be Sasuke’s brother. I’m Uzumaki Naruto…nice to meet you.” He grinned widely.

Itachi nodded. “Nice to meet you too, Naruto-kun.” He turned to Sasuke. “Sasuke, father is upset that you didn’t attend the live telecast today or the tea. We’re having a dinner party now, so he wants you to come and get dressed for it. You’re late.”

Sasuke frowned. “All right. I’ll be there.” He glanced at the blonde. “see you tomorrow dobe.”

Naruto nodded, noting that Sasuke’s relaxed demeanor had disappeared, as soon as his brother had come. What is up with Sasuke’s family?

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: that’s it. Second chappie done! Thank you all my lovely reviewers! Hands out virtual Sasuke plushies. Itachi plushies are mine!

Itachi: Um..Taka…you already belong to me.

Taka: Oh yeah…I forgot. Bye for now people! Don’t forget to press that button.