TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Honestly this is one of the chapters I looked forward to writing the most. I hope you guys like it!! I love it!!! Thanks for reading!!
The day Kakashi faced Sakura and Naruto, Kakashi woke up a bit later than intended. I even nudged him to wake up, but he didn’t want to budge.

“If you don’t get up, you won’t be able to eat breakfast and get there on time.”

“Its okay. I’m always late to meet with them. I’m sure they won’t mind if I’m a little late for old time sake,” Kakashi said as he struggled to get out of bed. I made a large breakfast, I knew that if Kakashi was going to go against them, in their current state, then he’ll need a hardy breakfast. I woke up with an appetite as well. Kakashi changed and came walking into the kitchen not too long after. We ate, he looked relaxed, if I was facing those two like they were now I would be a little worried.

“I wish I could see you three fight,” I said as I washed the dishes after breakfast. Kakashi was tieing his headband.

“Is there somewhere you have to go?” he asked.

“Lady Tsunade needs to speak to me. I don’t know how long it will take, but perhaps I can catch you three after a little bit.” I said. I dried my hands as Kakashi smiled and walked over to me.

“I’ll see you when I get home, even if you do come to the field, I’ll probably be too focus on the match,” he said as he took my head in his hands and gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead. I nodded and watched him go through the door.

I went to the bedroom to get my things and flak jacket. I had no idea what she wanted to say, maybe I was going to be sent on a mission, or maybe it was something about my mother. I just tied my hair back when I felt my father’s presence about to knock on my front door. After my training, it was very easy to sense chakras. I went to get the door seconds after he knocked. My dad smiled, before I left to train at the Shikkotsu Forest, he wore his regular attire, but now he wore ninja gear. It was a daily attire now, he was a ninja after all.

“Did you eat breakfast already?” I asked.

“Yup. You ready to go?” He asked.

“Lady Tsunade wants to talk to you as well?” I asked and slipped my shoes on.

“Yes. She has something important to tell us both.” I could tell by the look on his face, that he was worried, even though his voice was strong and stable. I was getting nervous as well. What could it be that she needed us both there?

“Maybe she’s sending us on a mission?” I said and locked the front door. I zipped up my jacket and walked along side my father.

“I don’t think so. She would have informed me to carry my weaponry. She just needed both of us in the office when she tells us. I think it might have to do with your mother, maybe she found something,” he said. His long hair was swaying back and forth, I never saw it disheveled and messy. It was always straight and clean.

We walked to her office with nerves in every bounce of our footsteps. We arrived to her office much more sooner than I would have liked. I didn’t like going into her office this way, I liked knowing things before hand.

My dad trailed me as we made our way to her door. My hand shook a little bit as I knocked on her door and opened it. I entered the office and saw quite a few people in there than I expected. There were two ANBU ninjas there, and Shizune, along with the elders of the village. I bowed, I never did have a conversation with the elders of the village, they rubbed me the wrong way. I think it was because of Ryuu. They were prejudiced.

The atmosphere in here was pretty intense.

“Thank you for being here early, Kiyoko, Soichi,” Lady Tsunade said. I bowed, but my throat was dry.

“Lady Tsunade is there something you must tell us?” My father asked.

She took out a file from one of her drawers.

“We were running Kiyoko’s blood work as usual, but we came across something a bit worrisome.” She said. My heart squeezed. Something was wrong with me? Was I going to die? Out of instinct I grab my father’s hand tightly. He squeezed it back in reassurance.

“What’s wrong?” I said tensely. My heart raced as I waited for her. I thought about all the worst possibilities that could happen. Maybe, somehow I contracted a disease, and I only have a few months to live. There were so many things that could happen, I haven’t felt very ill either.

“It looks like you’re expecting,” Lady Tsunade said.

“Expecting what?” I asked, still not understanding what she meant.

“A child. You’re pregnant, Kiyoko,” She said clearly. I felt my heart race, and the blood rushed to my head. Did I hear right? Me, pregnant? I will be a mother. A mother! I didn’t even feel myself lean back, until my father supported most of my weight.

“I’m pregnant,” I whispered to myself. I felt my heart race, I’ve never had felt this kind of feeling. I felt like crying, but not because I was sad. I felt so joyous, there were no words to describe how I feel.

I heard my father chuckled and he gave me a tight hug. He was crying before I had the chance to. A mother, I was going to bring someone to this world, and I was going to make my father a grandfather. Kakashi was going to be a father.

I touched the lower part of my abdomen. Right now there was someone growing inside of me.

“Do you know how far along I am into the pregnancy?” I asked, my cheeks rising into a smile.

“Approximately six weeks,” she responded.

“We still haven’t decided if you are allowed to keep the child,” the female elder, Koharu said.

“What did you say?” My father said. I felt my stomach raise to my throat. How could they decide if I can keep my child or not.

“Its dangerous for a jinchuriki to go through childbirth. It nearly ended the village years ago. We can’t risk that happening once again,” Homura, the other elder said.

“If you lay a finger on this child, I will not sit still,” My father threatened. My heart raced at the thought of something happening to my unborn child. Just moments ago I found out about this baby, and I have already grown to love it. We already have a connection, and I won’t let them take my child away.

“Lady Tsunade,” I pleaded. She closed her eyes and sighed.

“The elders are right Kiyoko. But we haven’t come to any conclusions.”

“But Ryuu, the tailed beast would never harm the village. He lived inside me, without a seal. He has for some time now. He could have attacked the village by now. Please, Lady Tsunade. You have to believe me, nothing like the attack on the village years ago will happen.”

I pleaded and I began to feel my tears begin to fall. This was a different and more severe heart ache at just the thought of them taking my child away. I was his/her mother, and I am going to do everything in my power to protect my child.

“Kakashi will not stay by and let this happen. You know it Lady Tsunade,” My father spoke as he held me in his arms.

“I know. I know. How are we going to know that the incident won’t happen again?” She asked.

“You just have to trust my daughter’s words. Has she ever failed your trust? She is hardworking, and a ninja of a different level. When she says these things, she knows it.” My father said. He rubbed my arm and soothed my hair as I leaned into his shoulder. If my child wasn’t welcomed here, than I would leave. This child was going to live no matter what. This is what my mother must have felt, she had one thing in mind as she sacrificed herself. She was going to protect me, and I am going to protect my unborn darling.

“Very well. I will trust you Kiyoko. I will assign ANBU to guard you at all times. If you ever feel weak, or ill you report to me immediately. I’m sorry I put heartache at a time like this, go home and rest. Your monthly check ups will happen with me,” Lady Tsunade said as she gave me a weak smile. I sighed in relief and nodded. I saw the elders shake their heads. They were old and heartless. My father bowed and he walked us out the office. I could sense the ANBU near, there were four of them, but I could see them.

“Don’t worry about anything right now, Kiyoko. You heard what she said, they’ll keep you safe. Its nothing to stress about anymore. Its not good for the baby,” My father tried to lighten the mood. I took a deep breath and nodded. We were safe right now and I had to believe in Lady Tsunade’s words if she would believe in mine. Ryuu won’t attack the village, I know he won’t because if I thought for a second he would, I would kill him.

We walked through the village and towards the apartment. My father let me lean on him a little, I was still shaken up by the news. A child was living in me, I was so happy, but worried about the future. I didn’t think I would be a mother this soon. I thought after the prophecy was accomplished that maybe I would be ready. Oh no, the prophecy! What am I going to do now? How will I protect the world when it comes to it? I sighed, this isn’t good at all. What will happen to us? My heart constricted at the thought of the worse. This was the worse time to be pregnant, but I don’t regret choosing to protect my child. As a mother now, he/she is my main responsibility.

I won’t be alone either, I’ll have Kakashi, and my father. Eri will be more than glad to help me.

“We’ll be fine,”I said to the unborn child of mine, “There is nothing for you to worry about, just grow strong and healthy.”

We arrived after a short walk to my apartment. My father sighed and sat down on the couch before went to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. I walked to my old bedroom, the one I used to use before Kakashi and I began dating. This room wasn’t going to be empty anymore, I suppose it’ll be the room for our baby. It had a nice view of a tree, I think it’ll make a fine nursery. Maybe I’ll ask Eri for some ideas to decorate.

I was about to open the window when Tomoko appeared in a cloud of smoke. Oh man I knew what this was all about. I smiled a little and prepared for her rant.

“Kiyoko!” She exclaimed.

“This was not part of the plan! Do you know what position you put all of us in now that you are incapable of fighting. You’ve just became a bigger target as well. A pregnant women is defenseless and not to mention you’re a jinchuuriki as well. If the Akatsuki know about you and your current state, you will die.” She said harshly.

“You know I didn’t plan this, it was just a surprise. There is nothing I can do, I’ve been careful enough to not let people know my identity, well not people I don’t trust anyways. I don’t think the Akatsuki know about me, I won’t be in danger.”

She sighed and shook her head, “Danzo will know and he will come after you. Even if the ANBU are protecting you, he will try to get you at your weakest moment. Sage Moriko has predicted that the dark movements are beginning to arise. Its going to come soon, so get ready for your sake and for your child.”

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, that wasn’t what I wanted to hear right now. I’ve been feeling the earth’s atmosphere and aura change, I’ve known for quite some time that things were going to happen, I just didn’t expect it to happen this soon. I watched Tomoko poof back to the Shikkotsu Forest and I tried my best to not think of my current situation.

I’ve been give a huge responsibility, and I wasn’t going to be able to fulfill it. I was going to let a lot of people down and that was a weight that was heavy on my shoulder. Tears were on the verge of spilling but my father came into the room and told me everything was going to be all right. I don’t know if I could believe his words this time.

Later that day I was resting on the couch as my father had to call into a mission. He was busier now, but he always came back unharmed. I knew he was going to be safe while he carried on his duties. Perhaps I should go visit Eri and tell her the news before Kakashi comes back.

I slipped on my sweater and locked the door before I walked to Eri’s house. The ANBU kept their distance from me, but I could sense them always on alert. It made me feel safer after what Tomoko told me. The restaurants were busy today, I heard that the Chunin exams were coming in a bit between the Sand and the Leaf. I had no one to cheer on this time, other than the Leaf Village ninja, all the genin I used to know have become chunin. All but Naruto. I wonder if he’ll join, I think he has to find two other genin to have a squad of three.

I reached Eri’s house and knocked on her door. I could tell that they were home because the lights were on. I got a little nervous but I was excited to tell Eri the news. I remember when she told me, we met that day after years of separation. It was in front of the hospital too.

Eri answered the door and let me on with a smile. I saw Rokuro trying to feed Rin some puure.

“Well looked who decided to pay a visit, where have you been?” Eri said as I took off my sweater. I sat down with them at the dining table and Eri gave me a plate of rice and soup they were eating.

Rin tried to say hi, she’s gotten so big. She would entering the academy before I know it. I would see my child sooner than I would think. Eri told me that Rin was walking and breaking things, I saw Rin grow before my eyes. I could only imagine how my daughter or son will look like, how will they act.

I helped Eri wash the dishes as Rokuro went to bathe Rin. I heard her squeal and splatter of water come from the bathroom.

“I’m going to have to clean that up later,” she sighed as she grabbed the pot from the stove.

“Eri I have something to tell you,” I said as I rinsed a few cups. She stopped at the sound of my voice and turned towards me.

“Is that why you came over? You know it’s always a little odd for you to come to my house without an invite, I usually go to your’s. Is everything okay?” She asked and gave me a towel to dry my hands with. I shrugged my shoulders, I don’t think everything is okay, but it’s not bad news.

“I’m pregnant,” I said. I saw Eri’s jaw drop and her hands come up to her mouth in shock.

“I found out earlier today. I’m about six weeks pregnant,” I said as Eri’s face changed from shock to a wide smile.

“Oh my! Congratulations! This is great, I’m so happy for you Kiyoko. Being a mother is a gift, though sometimes it seems like a curse. You’ll be a wonderful mother, no doubt about it. Does Kakashi know?”

She bounced as she grabbed hold of my hands. Seeing her so happy made me feel so much better.

“No he doesn’t. I’ll tell him when he comes back home. He’s battling Sakura and Naruto right now, so I’ll have to wait. Don’t tell others yet please,” I asked her. She nodded and continued to bounce.

“I’ll be her godmother right,” She asked as we finished the dishes.

“I suppose so, since I am Rin’s godmother. And I don’t know if its a girl yet, it could be a boy. Either way I look forward to meeting my baby. Is labor as painful as it seems?” I asked. From what I’ve seen at the hospitals, that was the worst part of childbearing.

“Its worse than it looks, but don’t let that scare you. I don’t really remember the pain,” she patted my back. Worse?

I waited for Kakashi that night, but he didn’t arrive. He must still be out there battling Sakura and Naruto. I wonder how that is going? I was tempted to go and see for myself but Eri gave me a tip of advice. I have to eat the right foods and rest my body while I’m pregnant. I couldn’t just think of myself anymore, I had another living person to worry about. If I was strong then I had nothing to worry about, I knew he/she would grow to be healthy as well.

Thinking ahead nine months from now, it would be early december when I should give birth. It seemed far away. I smiled a bit, we were both winter babies. We will both have birthdays when the snow falls from the sky, it’s something special we share. I placed my hand against my abdomen, all I could feel was that little child’s warmth. It was crazy to think, even if it was tiny and growing, I could feel him/her. I wanted to see him/her, and feel their heartbeat and hear their cry when he/she comes into this world. I was going to have to wait, I know, but I think it would be worth it.

I wonder, how will my child look like. Will she have black hair like me, or grey hair like Kakashi. Or will he have my green eyes, or Kakashi’s black eyes. I wonder is it will be a boy or a girl? I wonder, what name will best suit her/him. There are so many things i wish I knew already, but I was going to have to wait for a bit. I was beginning to fall asleep when I hear the front door open, it was Kakashi. My heart raced, and my palms began to get sweaty. I wonder how he will react when I tell him the news. I throw the covers to the side and I saw Kakashi walk quickly to the room.

“Kiyoko,” he said as he came closer.

“There are ANBU here, is everything okay?” He asked as he took me in his arms.

“Everything is okay. They are here because Lady Tsunade ordered them to guard me.”

He looked at me with confusion.

“Why would she do that? Are you in danger?” He asked quickly. Well there is no other way than to just say it.

“No, I’m not the only one who needs to be protected. Kakashi, I’m pregnant. We are going to have a child. We are going to be parents,” I said as a smile crept onto my face. I loved to hear those words. We were going to be parents.
Chapter end notes: Surprise right?!!!!

Thanks for reading and let me know what you guys think!!!