TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: so there is a little flashback moment. Long chapter, I hate short chapters

Anyways enjoy
I open my eyes and see the couch beside me is empty. Kakashi must have seen Naruto go early in the morning. I stretch, I have some training to get to, but first I had to find Kakashi. It was like playing hide and go seek. Like the time I played it when I was younger.

Kiyoko- five years old

I don’t understand why no one wants to play with me. I don’t know why my father is the only parent that doesn’t pack my lunch, or sees me go off to school in the morning. He isn’t there when I get home, he isn’t there when I come crying home. I want to cry just thinking that my father isn’t like the others. I tried to do my hair before school but I couldn’t. I wished I had a mother to do my hair, my father tells me she wouldn’t want me, but I don’t believe him. Mothers love their children, right?
I try to ask one of my classmates if they knew the answer to my question, but they would run away before I got a chance to come near them. I sit in the back like always, and pay attention to today’s lesson. I have to get the best grade of my class, maybe father will finally treat me like other parents treat my classmates. I see them pick them up after school, while I walk alone. I feel sad when I see them smiling, but I feel angry too. I don’t know why I feel angry.

I take notes from my single seat and try to see what is written on the blackboard, but from where I’m sitting the words look fuzzy. It was lunch time, and as other students ate their lunch, I sat under a cherry tree with an empty stomach. I see a group of girls giggling and staring at my direction. I try to cover my face with my hair, but I can still hear them laughing at me. I stare at the grass underneath me until I see a pair of feet stop in front of me. I look up and see a girl from the group. She had orange hair that was tied back in two ponytails. I tried to put my hair like that this morning but couldn’t. She must had her mom help her do her hair. I knew her name, it was Eri. She forces a smile and offers me a dumpling.

“Want to play hide and go seek with my friends?” She asks, she sounded nervous, why would she be nervous talking to me. I was nothing special.

“Yes, thanks.” I say as I follow her to her friends. She smiles as she starts to explain the rules.

“I’ll count for one minute, so hide somewhere. Do not come out until I find you. Got it?” She says. We nod and I begin to run as she counts to sixty. I run to the well at the back of the school. It was a shallow well that I could easily climb in and out of. I climbed in and pulled the iron lid over. I quietly giggle, they’ll never find me in here. I sat in the darkness for about fifteen minutes before I hear Eri and her friend’s voices. They were coming closer and I was certain they have found my hiding spot.

“I saw her climb into the well.” I hear a girl say.

“Great, help me carry some big rocks over the lid, then she won’t be able to bother the village anymore.” Eri says. What? They were going to trap me in here? I stand and try to push the lid open, but some of the weight made it hard to move it. Just a few more shoves, then I’ll be out of here.

‘Hurry she’ll get out.”

I hear them stack more boulders on the lid as I helplessly tried to open it. I hear their footsteps fade away as I slammed against the lid.

“Someone help me! Some one, please. I’m in here!” I screamed and slammed his palm against the door. I was so scared, i was going to die in here. I was going to die in the darkness. Just like mother. My father said she died in darkness. I want to see the light. I cry, and scream for hours. No one was coming to save me. Why was I born? No one wants me alive, maybe Eri was doing everyone a favor. I cried, but why would people do this to me? I was frustrated with all these questions. Did I do something that made the adults angry? If I did I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I just don’t want to feel like this anymore.

“Someone help me!” I try one last time. I hear someone start to get the weights off of the lid and soon enough I see the outside. It was dark now and all of the kids have gone home. I see my father looking down at me, dissatisfaction clear on his face. He held the lid for me to climb out, and made his way out of the school grounds. I felt my heart squeeze. I rested my hand over my heart, why did I feel this way? Maybe he is starting to come around. I smiled and ran to catch up. It was the first time I walked home with my father.

Kiyoko-present

A sad smile creeped on my face. That was the only time my father came to my rescue. I wonder how he looks now? He must have aged, being alone, like me. Though he was the leader of our small island, people followed him. They followed me too, but not in the way I wanted them to.

I went on the hunt for Kakashi, and I was ready for a intense practice. I was reading a few summaries on the back covers of a few books, when my eye catches the movements of a familiar person. I see Kakashi, with a male and a women. The male wore the same outfit as him, but he had what seemed to be a handkerchief, tied around his waist. He had a full beard and a cigarette between his lips. The woman besides him was wearing a red and white dress. Her black hair was in layers and her eyes were ruby red. I’ve never seen eyes like her’s. She was beautiful none the less. For some reason I feel nervous. Should I approach them? Or should I let them approach me? What if they don’t want me to interrupt their nice walk? All these questions filled my head as I absently held a book in my hand. They come closer and I haven’t made my decision yet. God I don’t remember being social was this stressful.

“Kiyoko. I’ve been looking everywhere for you. You weren’t home when I got back.” He said with a smile. I leave the book on its stand.

“I went out looking for you.” I said.

“This is Asuma and Kurenai.” He introduces them. I bow in respect as Kurenai gives me a smile. I see Asuma nod his head. He puffs out a breath of smoke. He whispers something to Kakashi as Kurenai and him walk down the street. Kakashi and I watch them leave and turn the corner.

“So what about training?” I asked. He returns his attention back to me.

“Uh ya. Lets go to the field. How about taijutsu today?”
I sigh, the hardest them of them all. Physical is my weakest point. I’m more of a ninjutsu person but I follow him anyways. We don’t jump from tree top to tree top, instead we walk through the village.
“Did Naruto look sad to leave?” I asked. He shook his head. He smiled fondly of his student. “He was just extremely excited to start training. I’ve never seen him smile so wide like he smiled at Master Jiraiya.”

I imagine him walking along Jiraiya's side, his smile taking over his face. Like father and son. Like I did once. My heart feels full of joy at the thought Naruto didn’t have it so rough like I did. We walk in silence until I sense some tension in the air, Kakashi senses it too and stops. Its weird that I can sense more of my surroundings when I have a sealing keeping the beast in check. Kakashi tells me to stay where I am as he goes a few meters forward. A kunai is thrown his way, but he easily dodges it as I block it with another kunai I had in hand. Kakashi springs over the bush he hid behind of and I followed, ignoring his orders to stay put. I see Kurenai and Asuma standing in front of two men who had matching cloaks. They were black with red clouds, and one of them had a huge things wrapped in bandages over his shoulder.

“Itachi Uchiha, Kisame Hoshigaki.” Kakashi says as he takes stance in front of them. Uchiha, was he related to Sasuke? They looked alike in so many ways, but their lifeless eyes were exactly the same. They have no remorse in them, they are just like an endless abyss. I stand in the back, knowing I would only get in the way if they started to fight.

“Why are you here?” Kakashi asks as he takes a kunai and goes on the defensive. I see him tug at his headband, revealing the eye I have yet to see. No one spoke or moved, tension was thick in the air. Itachi’s eyes changed and they were like Sasuke’s except they had a different pattern. A strange feeling shifted inside me. The beast was wide awake, and I heard him growl.
Kisame springs toward Asuma as Kakashi stops him with a water dragon.

“So you’re the Kakashi the copy ninja. I must say I’m impressed. You knew what jutsu I was going to use before I sealed my hands.” Kisame laughs half heartedly.

“Four against two. I don’t like those ratios.” Itachi says as he takes notice of me. I feel myself get smaller under his cold stare. Kakashi takes his attention away from me as he uses a shadow clone to attack him.

“I’ll ask you again, why are you here?”

“For the Fourth’s legacy.” Itachi says. Kakashi tenses. “And one of you is going to tell me. Who will it be?” He says as he stares between the four of us. He smiles as he stares at me.

“Close your eyes! Don’t look in his eyes.” Kakashi yells. I obey and close my eyes. I hear my heartbeat in my head. Or was it the beasts’. How am I supposed to be on defense if I can’t see the enemy’s attack?

“You’re a bit too late.” He says as I feel my body go cold. I no longer see darkness, I see Itachi standing before me in a starry room. I'm under a genjutsu. Damn, I need to get out of here. I remember how to release it. Concentrate on my chakra flow and make it steady again. I close my eyes and concentrate on my chakra, the feeling of it rhythmically flowing through my body. I begin to feel my body move to my response. I hear Itachi grunt before I open my eyes, and see that I am back in the real world. I sigh in relief. My knees buckle under me and I land on my palms, that took a lot more chakra than I expected it too. My breathing was heavy, but I was glad I was able to release the jutsu. I still remember things I thought I have forgotten I was able to do.

“Who are you?” Itachi says. I can’t answer because my breathing is still irregular.
“No one has ever released a genjutsu I casted so quickly. I’ve never seen someone with so much chakra.” He says. I stare up from the ground, and notice he didn’t move an inch. No one has.

“What? She was under a genjutsu, but she just collapsed seconds after he spoke.” I hear Kurenai say in astonishment. That quick? It felt like hours of concentrating chakra.

“Your fight is with me.” Kakashi says as he attacks him again. Itachi dodges his kunai, and his shurikens. I stand and lean on the bush behind me. I’ve never been under a genjutsu, I didn’t know it was so hard to get out of one. Itachi’s chakra changes, and Kakashi is on his hands and knees. I move to help him, but someone comes before I can get closer. A man dressed in a green track suit blocks Kisame’s swing.

“Open your eyes, just stare at his feet. You can read a lot about your opponent with his movement of his feet.” He says to Asuma and Kurenai.

“But, Guy I-” Kurenai starts, but finally opens her eyes.

“We’ll hold him off as the reinforcements I called arrive.” Guy says as he extends his arms. Kakashi collapse. My body moves before my mind reacts. I run onto the water, remembering about putting the chakra at the base of my feet. I wobble, but get to his side.

“Lets go Kisame, we didn’t come here to start a war.” Itachi says, and I glance up and see them disappear. I pull Kakashi’s arm around me and try to carry most of his weight.

“Get him to the hospital. Its the effect of a genjutsu.” Asuma says as he glances at his own wound. Guy helps me with his other arm and together we make it to the hospital. I never thought Kakashi would take such a bad genjutsu, these effects must be from a powerful caster. Itachi was skilled and that made me fear him more. The doctors take him away, leaving me with worry.

“Don’t worry Kakashi has made it through worst. I’m Might Guy by the way.” He says with a sparkling smile.

“Kiyoko.” I say, I tried to hide my worry, but I couldn’t. He was one of the few I trusted and cared about. I didn’t want to lose someone who cared about me. Call me selfish, but he was important to me. He was there when I woke up in the hospital, I’ll be here when he wakes up.
Chapter end notes: leave a review/comment
liked/dislikes?
confused? Leave questions