TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter! I hope you guys love it and thank you readers for reading this long story.
“What happened on my birthday?” I asked, I could barely hear my own voice. My father sighed and looked up at the sky. The sun was slowly making its way across the sky.

“Yukiko went into labor on a cold winter night. We decided prior to your birth that we would seal the beast during labor to see if you can handle it. Yukiko was strong and confident that you would survive, after all a mother knows their children the best,” My father said.

“It was a very intricate ritual for the sealing. Yukiko wanted it to stay as a secret, so we set up a room outside the village days before. I think she knew you were going to come a bit early. That morning looked like any other day.”

()()()
Soichi’s POV

“Soichi can you help me get this picture up there?” Yukiko said from the nursery. There was only a month left before our little girl arrived. Yukiko already picked out a name, but she refused to let me know, saying it was a very beautiful name and very fitting for the baby. I would have refused, but Yukiko looked so sure of herself I can only wait to hear the name.

I arrived from a mission two days ago, I hope I can stay a little while longer for her sake. Her midsection was swollen, I can’t believe Yukiko could still grow in a month. Her small feet were swollen, and her appetite has been unusual. She never did like fish, but recently that is all she wants to eat. Perhaps the baby loves fish.

I grabbed the pictures of butterflies on the wall. I made the crib two months ago with wood style, it was the only thing I could make for the baby. Yukiko tried to teach me to knit a simple scarf once, I just put the yarn in one big knot. I couldn’t do it.

“You know if the baby ends up being a girl, this is going to be so embarrassing for him,” I say and look around. The dresser was ready, with clothes and diapers. The room looked ready for a baby girl.

“Ya I know I’ll never hear the end of it, but I know it will be a girl. I swear it,” She smiles and puts her hand over her womb. In all the time we have spent together, she has never given my a reason to not trust her, I won’t stop now. Yukiko has put her things in a bag, ready for anytime labor kicks in.

“I’m a little scared Soichi,” she whispered. I wrapped my arms around her from behind, letting her rest her weight on me.

“We don’t have to go through with the sealing Yukiko. We can always do it later in her life, it’ll be easier for both of you guys.”

She shakes her head, “It can’t wait, it gets harder for her body to manage the chakra later on in her life. But that’s not what I’m afraid of.”

“Do you think I will be a good mother, what if I am a horrible mother to our daughter.”

“You couldn’t be a horrible mother even if you tried. You believe in her, love her what else is there to being a mother. You’ll do great, because you love her,” I say, and she nods feeling better. I was nervous too in becoming a father. How would I know when she’s hungry, thirsty, tired, scared, or needs a change of diaper? But that was trivial things, I’ll love her until I die, and even then death can’t separate love.

That night the snow came in sheets, Yukiko’s date was tin one month, and the night was a sleepless one. I’ve been more nervous as the due date came closer. I fell asleep with the sensation of our baby kicking though Yukiko’s skin.

It wasn’t until one in the morning that Yukiko woke me. She gripped the sheets, and groaned. The bed sheet was soaked, her water has broken.

“Soichi, my water broke and the contractions are very strong. She’s coming faster than we think,” Yukiko panted. Already the labor was making her work. I put in motion the plan we planned months ago. I grabbed the things we needed and I took them to the cave outside the village. Yukiko stayed behind and tried to ease the pain, while I called Megumi. Megumi was Yukiko’s cousin they were more like sisters, and ever since Yukiko and I began hanging out, she’s always been on our sides. I trusted Megumi with our secrets, and she promised to not say anything about what will happen today. I knocked on Megumi Uchiha’s door, she lived alone. Her black hair was messy and so was she.

“Soichi, is it time already?” She asked and quickly became alert. I nodded and she scrambled to get her shoes and her medical bag. I was so thankful that Yukiko’s best friend was trained as a midwife. I leave and go back leave the things in the cave. It was spacious and secluded. I would have liked Yukiko to give birth in a hospital bed, but the thin futon would do. I take Yukiko’s bag, and sealing items. Megumi was there, getting ready for Yukiko. When I returned for Yukiko, she was grinding her teeth at the contraction she just experienced.

“There is still some time between contractions, lets just seal him inside her quickly, so I could rest before giving birth,” Yukiko said. I took her in my arms, she was heavier now that she was fully pregnant, but quietly we made our way out of the village. Yukiko is the strongest person I know, even in the middle of contractions she kept her loud moans quiet to keep us hidden. I hope its over soon, for both her and the baby’s sake.

We arrived at the cave, Megumi has lighten the torches and warmed the water. I laid Yukiko on the futon, and rushed back to the house. I was going to bring the sealed beast, the house was dark and alone. Next time we return we will have our child, wrapped in clothes to keep her from the cold weather.

When I got back to Yukiko, with the sealed jar in hand, Megumi was patting her forehead with a dry cloth.

“It’ll take hours for the birth, especially how awake and active the baby is. But I think it’ll be a quick birth, since your baby is very active. Don’t worry, everything looked normal and healthy right now,” Megumi smiled and looked at Yukiko who closed her eyes to take deep breathes.

“This is it, ready to be a dad?” Yukiko grabbed my hand and squeezed. I was ready for sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yukiko let out a little yell from the pain, it has been almost six hours and she was dilating more the longer it went. She would be fully dilated within an hour. The sun has risen, its been a long labor, I didn’t like seeing Yukiko in pain, and much less hearing her whimper. I hope no one discovers us here.

“Is there anything I can do to help her with the pain?” I asked as Yukiko squeezed her eyes and clenched her fists.

“No, there isn’t. Try breathing with her if that helps her,” Megumi said. Yukiko gave me a brave smile, but i knew she was in a lot of pain right now. I breathed with her, trying to distract her from the pain. I give her a kiss on the forehead, she sighs and the pain seemed to have disappeared.

“You’re almost fully dilated Yukiko. You’ll start to feel the urge to push, but keep breathing deeply. You look great,” Megumi said. Yukiko laughed a little.

“I think its time for the sealing Soichi,” Yukiko said. I was nervous about this, I didn’t know what effect it would have on her or the baby.

“You can always choose to go back on this. You don’t have to,” I said, but she shook her head again. I already knew she wanted to do this, because in the future our child can change the world.

“Before you do it, promise me one thing Soichi, if something goes wrong and you have to choose between me or the baby. You’ll choose the baby.”

“Yuki-”

“Let me finish. This beast that’ll be inside our baby is a power feared and hated by many. After she’s delivered we have to get away from the village. We can’t stay here anymore,” Yukiko said.

“What do you mean we can’t stay here anymore. Where else are we going to go? This is our home,” I said. Why is she telling me this now?

“I know but things here are going to get bad. The Uchihas are planning something and I don’t want to be a part of it. I feel something in the air that is turning dark. All over the world in fact. We have to go somewhere secluded, somewhere our baby can be safe. We have to go to the Moon Village. I already thought this out, I wished we could have gotten there before giving childbirth,” Yukiko squeezed my forearm, telling me to trust her.

“What dark aura?”

“The aura that comes with the Senju and Uchiha combined. It isn’t our child, the safest thing we can do is erase our identities from everything. From the Library of Life, from the world,” Yukiko said.

“How will we do that? How do you know this will happen?”

“Sharingan, with the sharingan. If I could only ask you once more, just please trust me. Everything will be okay if the Leaf never finds out about our child. As long as this beast is sealed in our baby, and she can learn to control it, everything will be okay,” Yukiko pleaded with me to trust her. There was no one waiting for me in the Leaf, it was just Yukiko and I. I will take my trust and give it to her this time as well. Her skills and knowledge has always been more advanced and correct than me. Everything will be okay, she said. I believed her. After this we can talk more about it.

I drew some blood from my thumb and began to write the symbols on her abdomen. I quickly draw them, it was difficult with the movement, but I finished the pre-ritual for the sealing jutsu. I do the same for the sealed beast, I draw the symbols over the jar. It will be a difficult process for the three of us, but my daughter and wife are strong. We’ll get through this.

“Are you ready Yukiko?” I said. She nodded, grabbing hold of the futon beneath her. I sealed my chakra just like my grandmother told me to. This sealing jutsu was like a summoning jutsu, I’ll transport the beast from the jar to my unborn child. Let the heavens protect both of them. I infuse my chakra through Yukiko to my daughter. Yukiko grinded her teeth as the beast’s chakra ran through her.

“Just a little longer Yukiko,” I said. I swore as I saw Yukiko let out a bloodcurdling scream. Sweat dripped from my face onto Yukiko’s stomach. It felt like years of sealing. I feel the beast’s chakra run into the my child and the sealing process was coming to an end. The rest should be bit less painful. I transfered my sealing technique through Yukiko and finally put a lock to the seal. If the sealing was successful then we should be out of the woods for now. Yukiko took deep breathes, it was becoming easier for her as well.

“Did it go well?”

“Yes, perfectly. You were right, our daughter is strong. We’ll keep her safe when we leave the village. Now to deliver her, I’ll lend you my strength,” I say and grab her hand. Yukiko smiles. I take a cloth to wipe away the sweat from her forehead.

“Okay Yukiko take a deep breath and give me a push,” Megumi said. I tried to give her some of my chakra to relieve her of her exhaustion, but Yukiko refused. “You’re more tired than I am,” she said to me. She squeezed my hand as she pushed, I never knew Yukiko was so strong, I thought my hand would break any moment. For twenty minutes we continued like this, push and rest.

“Soichi, start heating the water, she’s almost here,” Megumi said. My heart sped at the thought of finally seeing my baby daughter. I excitedly started the fire to hear the water. I returned to their sides and watched as Yukiko pushed once more. I heard the beautiful cry of my daughter, after so many months she was here. Yukiko cand I cried as Megumi cut the umbilical cord.

“Kiyoko,” Yukiko whispered as she was laid on her chest. Kiyoko was her name, so beautiful. I kissed Yukiko, thanking her for making me a father, for loving me, for letting me love her, and now my new child.

“You want daddy to clean you up, Kiyoko? I’m going to clean mommy up,” Megumi said. She handed Kiyoko to me, I made sure she had support, she seemed so fragile in my arms.Kiyoko was far from fragile, she was a jinchuuriki now, I’ll always support her in matter what situation. I walked over to the warm tub, and began to wipe all the gunk off of her, while Megumi tended to Yukiko. This was it, the starting of a new life, I had someone else that would wait for me at home.

“I’m your dad Kiyoko. I promise to take care of you and your mother Yukiko. We’re very happy to finally have you here,” I whispered to her, Kiyoko opened her eyes for the first time, her eyes green like my grandmother. The deepest and clearest green I have ever seen. She is so beautiful, how did I get so lucky to have Kiyoko and Yukiko. I wrapped her in the blanket, it was still early in the morning and it was cold.

“Soichi!” Yukiko yelled from the other side of the large cave. I turned around and saw Megumi laying on the floor, a kunai in the middle of her back. Yukiko laid on the futon, making hands sign. There were four figures at the mouth of the cave, I run to Yukiko she was breathing more heavily now. I carefully held onto Kiyoko as I created a wooden wall between the intruders and us.

“What’s happening? Who are they?” I asked and began to move Yukiko, she shook her head.

“My siblings, look Soichi you’re going to have to leave me here, I can’t move right now. I don’t have enough chakra to make it to the Moon Village. You have to get Kiyoko out of here. The Uchihas now about the secrets we decoded from the book, they somehow got a hold on the information, and they won’t let Kiyoko live. Get out of here!” Yukiko yelled with tears in her eyes. My heart tore in millions of pieces, no, I won’t leave Yukiko.

“I will never leave you. We made a vow on our wedding day, I will never abandon you,” I said, but Yukiko was beginning to create a jutsu.

“I’m going to erase us from the world’s mind. No one will know us as Senju and Uchiha. I’ll erase the life books for Kiyoko and I, but I only have enough chakra to change yours for now. Its a jutsu that can’t be undone even if the caster dies, this secret will die with me.”

“What do you think you’re doing! You can’t die! What about Kiyoko, huh? I can’t raise her on my own, not in the Moon Village where I’m a foreigner. Think of what you are doing!”

Kiyoko began to cry in my arms, she cried and cried to no end. Yukiko smiled as she laid there, tears in her eyes, but the widest smile on her face.

“Thank you for loving me Soichi, and thank you for making me a mother to Kiyoko. She’ll be a very important person in the future I know it. Until then we’ll protect her, and then she can bring peace to this hatred filled world. For now I’ll complete the jutsus,” Yukiko said, she touched Kiyoko’s forehead before clapping her hands together. Kiyoko silenced once more and the wooden wall between us broke as Yukiko’s brothers and sister charged at us. Yukiko’s sharingan activated, and the world changed for me then and there. Yukiko’s transported us outside the cave far from the cave. From a far I saw a wind sweep before the world, and then I saw the cave we were just moments in before collapse, Kiyoko whimpered in the cold wind. Yukiko is dead, and all I am left is with her legacy. A jinchuuriki, who may or may not fulfill her mission. Kiyoko will become peace no matter what, that is what Yukiko would have wanted. I will destroy the villages, they have been nothing but egoist troubles. Kages are useless, nothing gets done by negotiations, that only brings more war. The ultimate peace can only come after the ultimate war.

()()()

“I look back at my ways now and realize how disappointed Yukiko would be if she saw me now. I was so clouded by my loss that I created an idea that Yukiko would have never wanted. She gave up her life, wasting the last of her chakra to make a new beginning for us, I wasted it.”

“How did my mother’s siblings find out about the book?” I choked through the tears. If only my relatives would have left us alone, perhaps my mother wouldn’t have died.

“I do not know. The Uchiha clan has always been secretive and hard headed. You’re the legacy of Yukiko’s strength I see it now. I tried to make you into a weapon of war, but you are doing better without me. You can even maintain the beast inside you without a seal. You would have made your mother very proud,” he said. I felt my heart sink to my feet. If she was here now, she would be proud. If there was anything I wanted from my parents, it was knowing that I was loved and they were proud of me. They held high expectations for since before my birth, and I have met them well. I wasn’t letting my mother down, and I felt almost relieved to know that.

“Your mother named you Kiyoko because it means pure child. Yukiko believed long before me that you can control the darkest of chakra like the beast. Only the purest of souls can tolerate the darkest of corruption.”

My head hurt from the truth my father said and from all of the tears I was shedding. After believing my parents hated me for my entire life it felt like a slap to realize my mother gave up her life for me.

“Yukiko was very powerful. To create a jutsu so powerful and skilled that it affected the entire world’s mind. It’s unthinkable to even begin to think about how she created it,” Kakashi said in astonishment. He held me while I cried the little tears I had left. The first memory of watching my father cry wasn’t real. Were they just implanted there to keep me from remembering the real memory?

That blanket, that room, that crib, that house in the Uchiha district was their home before the ordeal of my birth. That’s why the book was there, that’s why I felt like I’ve been there before. I wonder how we would have lived if she survived and we stayed.

“Then that book, what did you decode with Yukiko?” Kakashi asked. We haven’t decoded it because we didn’t have the jutsus to.

“The Sage of Six Paths divided the immense chakra into parts and the clash of two bloodlines. Yukiko and I believe it talked about the Uchihas and Senjus. We studied it for years, but we couldn't decode mush after that. She could only get fragments of sentences. Unfortunately I think you must have the Rinnegan to read the book entirely with comprehension. And Rinnegans for the longest time have been considered a myth. I personally have not seen a pair.” My father said, the wind picked up and made his hair blow. I never thought the day would come when my father would tell me the truth, and be honest with me. I never thought I my mother genuinely loved me, but she does.

“Do you think the jutsu can be wearing off over time?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“Danzo knows you are my father. How could he if my mother altered and erased our existence? I think he knows too much about us.”

“I’ve been away from the Leaf Village for such a long time, I wouldn’t expect less from my former sensei,” My father smirked.

“Danzo was your sensei?”

“Yes he was, when I was assigned to my genin team, he was my sensei. Those few years were quite extraordinarily hard. My wood style training was a secret as well, I was a lot more worried about him finding out then, he’s a greater snake than Orochimaru. Wood style is so greatly wanted and feared, that people with wood style began disappearing, that resulted in the ending of a very vital Senju Clan. Some of the members of the Senju Clan left the village, other’s were dissected and their cells were extracted in need for the wood style cells. None of them were usable, except for the First Hokage’s. That is also another reason wood style is taught in secret. I would probably been killed if people knew I was a wood user. The Senjus who remained in the village, gave up on learning advanced jutsus, they were afraid to startle the villagers. I didn’t want to live a life walking on needles,” My father laughed a little, “I guess that’s another reason I married Yukiko. No one would come close to anger her. I knew I was safe with her.”

Perhaps Danzo made the connection from my father and myself. We did look alike to one another in some ways, maybe he just wanted to confirm that suspicion. But still how does he still remember his former student if his memory was altered by my mother. Maybe it has to do with the sharingan he has. I’ll ask once we arrive back home, but for now I had to face my father. What do we do with ourselves now?
Chapter end notes: Let me know what you guys thought! Until next time!