TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I am so sorry that it has been such a long time since the last update but here it is. I can't wait to write the next few chapters, I hope you guys are excited.
The security around him is airtight, there were ninja in the hallways, on the roof. What made Hanzo so paranoid? Did he do something wrong?

“Kakashi Hatake, Kiyoko Tsukino, nice of you to come here,” a deep man’s voice cuts through the air. “Put the message you brought over there.” I put the scroll on a tray, which a ninja took and placed in front of the door. A hand grabbed the scroll and hid once again. There was something off about him, I couldn’t tell what it was. But when I thought about the chakra I instantly pictured the paper angels that were hanging all around town. I felt like the angel and the chakra behind those walls were connected, I couldn’t determine if it was Hanzo or not, but there was something off.

“Ah, the chunin exams. I will pick out my best possible ninjas to send your way, so rest assure the message was delivered. You have a long journey back home, please stock up and get home safely, Kakashi and Kiyoko.”

We bow before him, and I begin to get to my feet.

“Kiyoko, may I ask you a few questions. I have not hear much of you, but I have heard so much about Kakashi. There is something quite... lets see what word to describe it. Quite beautiful about your chakra. Its foreign, do you come from another land?” I look at the paper wall, a barrier around it prevented me from getting a closer feel of the chakra. I didn’t know who was on the other side of that wall.

“no, I am a ninja from the leaf.”

“Then what about your parents? they must have been ninjas as well, you seem very skilled, you were raised to become a great ninja I see,”

Kakashi looks at my way, I know I’ll have to lie, but there were no records of me to tell the truth anyways.

“I did not know my parents. I was an orphan, until I was of age to enter the academy and become a ninja. I have trained very hard to get where I am, Lord Hanzo. Thank you for your kind words.”

“You are strong, I hope to see you again Kiyoko Tsukino, and you too Kakashi Hatake. Please take care, I feel a storm coming soon,” Lord Hanzo said as we departed from his quarters. Guards escorted us back outside, and told us the sooner we left the better. I couldn’t agree more, a storm was coming. Thunder and lightning could be seen from afar, but I had a feeling that wasn’t just what he talking about. HIs words felt like he was reading right through me, even though we never met. We grabbed our packs that awaited us in the lobby and pulled our coats over ourselves. His questions were direct, I didn’t like it one bit, I didn’t want to say much on this mission, I hope I didn’t say more than I needed to. I could still feel my heart race as I walked beside Kakashi and left the Rain village.

“Mask your chakra for a little while longer, until I make sure no one was sent to follow us,” Kakashi says as we fade into the woods far from the rain village. I looked back, and the village was gone, hidden by the rain. It was hard to believe that we somehow got in and out without much trouble. I was still on my guard, things like this never go so easy.

“I don’t feel anyone Kakashi,” I tell him after a few minutes of hopping from branch to branch. It was the fastest way to get out of their radar. I have been focusing on keeping my chakra away from public eye, it was beginning to get tiresome, even as I slept last night I had an eye open to keep the masking technique affective. My body was getting too tired to keep it up, as Lady Tsunade said the longer I had it on, the harder it became.

“Slowly let the mask technique go. I think we are all clear,” Kakashi said as we stopped on a branch. I slowly let the jutsu dissolve, and let my regular chakra flow through my body. I felt a lot more relaxed, I rolled my neck a few times, and I felt more energized.

“There was something odd about Lord Hanzo’s chakra,” I say, and grab my water bottle. He nods, and takes a bite of dried food from his pack.

“I understand he is the leader of the Rain Village, but his security is airtight. No one could get close to him, I wonder why.”

“There must have been an incident that made his so suspicious, so paranoid. There was something else very off about ‘Lord Hanzo’s’ chakra. When we were inside the room, I felt a connection with Hanzo’s chakra and the paper angels that were hanging all over town. I had a feeling those angels are some kind of receptors for Lord Hanzo, they are his eyes and ears, I couldn’t get a clear read on his chakra because of the barrier on him, but it felt very feminine to me,” I tell Kakashi my thoughts. His eyebrows scrunched together when I called Hanzo a woman.

“What do you mean feminine?”

“Sage training helped me a lot to understand all of the different chakras. All chakras are different, but when a person is in sage mode chakra compatibility increases. I studied all different types of chakras. Female and male bodies run chakra through their bodies differently, because females have the reproduction system, our bodies carefully monitor chakra closely. It is not a very obvious difference in the chakra amount, or strength between the genders, but there is a slight body course difference.”

“I never knew there was a difference in gender chakras. I couldn’t tell the difference, so it is only apparent with a high skill for chakra sensory. You’ve surpassed me Kiyoko a long time ago,” He smiles and we begin to walk back to the village.

“You’re still the most intelligent ninja i know, I only have the manpower not the brains. We make a pretty great team,” I say. We were walking in the day, down a worn trail, I wasn’t allowed to be in the village as the chunin exams were on, it was okay that we were taking our time to get back home.

“We didn’t have any time to look around the village at all, they made sure we didn’t stay for too long,” Kakashi said as we walked together.

“I don’t think Hanzo is ruling that country anymore, he’s more like a fake puppet for someone else, I don’t know, it just a hunch. He must not be in control anymore. I can’t shake it off.”

I felt Kakashi touch my flesh between my eyebrows, I look up at him. He gave me a warm smile and grabbed my hand.

“Don’t think about it too much, or your eyebrows will stitch together. Its a problem for Lady Tsunade to solve, don’t take every problem and think its your job to correct. if it wasn’t for the chunin exams I wouldn’t have wanted to you to come with me on this mission, not because I don’t want you to come with me, but the Rain village is unstable like you saw. I don’t like having you in a place unknown. If you fitted in my pockets I would have out you away until after the mission,” He squeezed my hand.

I knew my safety worried more people than I would have liked to, but I didn’t want to hide away from danger, that wasn’t me anymore. I wished I could show them all my true powers, but I didn’t know how far I could go myself. Tomoko said I still have a long way to go from unlocking my potential strength. I was worried, I wouldn’t have it for the world’s safety, afterall I was its savior. I still had a hard time believing that, how would I possibly save the world. From what would I be saving the world from?

Kakashi abruptly stopped me and pushed me back, I stumble a little and looked over his shoulder. A very calm looking man stood before us. It was father, my father on his brown outfit, and long hair stood before us. He had his large hands before him, I felt like my heart was going to give out. I gripped Kakashi’s shirt, my hands were trembling, last time I wasn’t this bad, was I? I can’t believe I’m afraid of my father, I know I have gotten stronger since then.

“Go, Kiyoko. I’ll hold him off, get away quickly,” Kakashi said and began to form a chidori.

“Kakashi, I can’t leave you behind. I can fight with you.”

“Not in your condition. I can feel you shaking,” He says, as he quickly turns his head to me.

“Now before she runs off I have some things to say, that are very important. Life changing,” My father said, and sat down on the ground. His eyes set on me, I could tell he wasn’t going to use any jutsus, by his calmness of his chakra. It looked like he wasn’t here to fight like last time, but I didn’t like seeing him again.

“It has been a while since we last contacted one another, and I know you will not come for me for answers so I decided to tell you the answers to your questions. Why I have wood style, how we are senju? About your mother,” my father says.

He was right, I did want answers to my questions, but him giving them to me seemed too easy.

“I don’t sense anyone else with you, why do you come alone?” Kakashi asks my father. I didn’t have the voice to speak my thoughts.

“I left them behind to run the village as I tracked you down and made my appearance. It is time Kiyoko knows the truth, before it is too late,” my father said.

“Why now? Why when I am not in the safety of the village?” I ask him with a shaky voice.

“I would not be allowed anywhere near you if you were still in the Leaf Village. I know how tight the security is, and I thought it would be easier to see you in person. You have my word, I will only speak the truth,” my father said.

“I have been lied to for all of my life, why do you decide to tell the truth now? How can I believe you,” I say and feel a bit more angry than scared. He thinks I will believe him, after his many attempts of capturing me.

“You’ve only been lied to because of all the harm that could have happened to you if they knew who you truly are. You’ll be hunted down from all parts of the globe, but now the world is growing more unstable as everyday passes by. I give it only one more year, until everything collapses. You still have to master sage art and beast mode,” My father says with a strong voice.

“How do you know about that?”

“Who do you think stole my life story from the library in Shikkotsu Forest. I know everything, and you know very little of the world you come from.”

My father sat there in the middle of the road, with no weapons, with a clam chakra, and with knowledge. There is so much I want to know about im and myself. I don’t know why today, why right now, but maybe I should listen to him. I let go of Kakashi’s shirt, and came to his side.

“If there is any intention to making this into a fight I will not hesitate to kill you, I don’t think you can take both of us on this time and win. If you are going to tell the truth then we will stay to listen,” I say, and sit in front of my father. Kakshi sits besides me too, but he keeps his guard up, he was ready to fight at any moment. We were far enough to give space between my father and us, but close enough to hear him. He clears his throat and nods to our agreement.

“Start from the very beginning, I want to know everything,” I say and wait. My father takes his time before beginning, this will be a long story to listen to.

“Well I’ll start by saying that name is not, Michio Tsukino, and your mother was not Akira Kimura. Both your mother and I are not from the Moon Village, and neither are you, Kiyoko. All three of us were born in the Leaf Village, and your mother and I had you there too. My true name is Soichi Senju and your mother’s name was Yukiko Uchiha,” father says in a serious tone. I feel my heart pound, so it is true then. I am half senju, half uchiha. Is that why i have strong chakra.

“Your mother was an Uchiha of millenniums. She was a rare child from birth, when she first opened her eyes, she had already activated her sharingan. Yukiko was sensitive and compassionate, she understood the pain everyone felt during war. At a young age, Yukiko would be sent on deadly missions, her visual abilities overpower even Itachi’s skills. She was very powerful.”

I remember the picture I ripped a long time ago, I couldn't believe the woman I saw in that picture was the same woman father was describing. I felt light headed from learning the truth in such a short amount of time.

“I met your mother in the academy,” father said with a smile on his face. This was the first time I have ever seen a kind expression on his face.

()()()
Soichi’s POV

“I wouldn’t get close to her, I hear if you look into her eyes you’ll be trapped in a genjutsu.”

A couple of kids were talking before class when I walked in. I knew who they were talking about, Yukiko Uchiha.

I barely made it, I didn’t hear my alarm go off, but I made it. One more tardy and Katsu- sensei would have had a talk with my parents. I would not like that, father would train me until I can’t stand. I sat in my seat as the bell rang, the rest of class made their way to their seats too, I noticed most of the class tried to grab seats in the front, it was only then I noticed Yukiko in the back of class.

Things were always like this, I was just glad I wasn’t the one who stood out, I would not like to deal with the brats of class. Katsu-sensei began to take roll, and I faded out from the lesson that started soon after. I don’t know why I come to school, father trains me after school everyday. I know more things than anyone in this class, but I had to be here so no one gets suspicious.

The bell rang again, and the day ended as soon as it started. I gathered my things and walked home.

“Hey Shoichi!” I hear a couple of friends call me.

“Want to play some dares? A group of friends are going to try to make Yukiko activate her sharingan, wanna come?”

“Hmph, as if. Good luck getting yourselves out of genjutsus, I have some training to get to,” I say and wave them off. Don’t ever underestimate an Uchiha, especially not Yukiko. I’ve heard rumors, and they are crazy if they want to go taunt her.

I arrived home, father was already in the living room, while mother made me after school snacks. We were going to go to the back woods today, father said it was to tell me about something very important. I wonder what it is, maybe a new secret jutsu, or maybe he’ll help me learn some nature jutsus, he’s talked about.

“Soichi, lets go, we’ll be back by dinner time.” Father said to mom.

“I’m going to go visit mother for a short while. Be safe Soichi, Seiichi do not push him too far.” Mom said to father, he laughed and agreed. My father was a tall man, with long brown hair like me. I took more after my father than my mother. My mother took more after my grandmother, her hair was fiery red, and her eyes were green like the jewel. My mom was beautiful. I had kind parents, strong parents, they were both ninjas, but they retired after I was born.

“So father what are we going to learn today?”

“Wood Style,” He says. Wood style?

“Isn’t that the nature like the first hokage’s. I heard only he knows how to use that jutsu. How are you going to teach me?”

“Because I also know how to use it, and you have the chakra to learn it. But this is a secret, no one must know. Not even the hokage, nor your teachers. This stays between us.”

“Okay, I promise.”

“Since your birthday is only a few days away, I’ll tell you even more about a few more secrets. I have them stored in a book, but I keep it under lock and key, its precious, and I’ll show you in two days on the eve of your birthday, Soichi,” Dad patted my head, and smiled bitterly. I wonder what was running through his head.

Why is learning wood style a secret? I don’t know but I’ll have to keep it a secret. I felt like a ninja already.

-----------

“I’ve never felt so tired, dad,” I said as he laughed and pulled me onto his back. I loved training with him, it was kind of like bonding time with him. Wood style is so much harder than I thought, I never believed it would be so difficult to make a tree. Thank you mother nature for growing them for us humans. If we were in charge of making our own oxygen, then there would be no humans around anymore.

I was so hungry and mom made our favorite dinner, rice and grilled fish.

“Soichi, the bath is ready, go get yourself cleaned up before dinner,” mother said as she prepared the plates. I ran to the bathroom, fish was best when it was still warm. I wondered what mom will make for my birthday in a couple of days. I would be turning ten, it was a big deal, double digits. I washed all the dirt away and tried my best to quickly to get changed. I heard a loud thud, and then an explosion. The walls rattled as I slipped my pants on. What is happening out there? I run to the kitchen where the explosion went off. I felt my heart stop for a second, and then I see a fleeing figure. I didn’t care, mom, dad. They were laying on the table, dead.

“Mom! Dad!” I felt my feet run to their dead bodies. How could this happen? I just went into the bathroom for a few seconds and this is what happens? Who could have done this?

“Soichi get down!” I hear someone yell. I look and see three shurikens with explosive tags being thrown at me. I watch as someone gets in front of me and the shurikens disappear somehow. I blink my tears away and see that distinct black hair and yellow shirt, with an Uchiha symbol sewed in the back. Yukiko came to my rescue.
()()()

“Your mother saved me from my certain death by using her sharingan. It was day of many realizations,” Father said.
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading! I hope you guys liked it and let me know how it went. If its confusing let me know, there will be a lot of time flashbacks in the next few chapter. ()()()- means flashback
------>means timeskip

Until next chapter!