TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter. I hope you like it!
I was transported to Shikkotsu Forest the moment I laid my head on my pillow. I groan when I make contact with the hard ground. This is great, I wanted sleep not Sage yelling me.

“Kiyoko,” I hear Tomoko whispers. I get up from the ground and find myself in the Library of Lives. Sage Moriko was looking frantically for a book.

“There has so to be some explanation to how he has them.” I hear Sage Moriko whisper to herself.

“Sage Moriko?” I ask her cautiously. I knew she was bound to explode.

“You’re going to have to give me a sample of that man you and Tomoko fought. I need to know how he had the Rinnegan. I knew they existed but I thought it wouldn’t be possible anymore since the Uchiha clan was slaughtered. Why the hell does the Akatsuki have those eyes?”

She didn’t look as angry as I thought she might have been, but she was frantic, very frantic. I knew things were confusing, I didn’t even understand what was happening myself.

“We will discuss later on your lack of secrecy, but I trust Lady Tsunade to keep her promise, and if she does not, then I will deal with it personally. For now your sage training will have to wait. I didn’t want to interfere with the Akatsuki or anything as a matter of fact. Everything must run its own course, but this, this is unthinkable. Who could have done such a thing?” She whispers the last few sentences. I nod my head and follow Tomoko back to the forest.

“You look okay. I’m glad, that man, Sho was it, is not... normal in the least. Those black marking that were inked all over his body, we found out what they are.” She sits on my shoulder. I listen, I’m sure this will come in handy with the research of the body.

“Its a curse seal. Its Orochimaru, and it makes sense. Years ago, Orochimaru was part of the Akatsuki himself. He must have used that man as a vessel for those eyes. We just don’t know where the Rinnegan came from. No one has had them since the Sage of Six paths.”

With this bit of information, she sent me back to the Leaf Village. I landed on my bed, but this time Kakashi laid under the sheets. He was asleep, but he opened an eye as I was plucked back here.

“How did it go with the Sage?” He gives me a small smile.

“She was too busy looking for answers herself so she didn’t scold me. I do have a piece of information for Lady Tsunade so I think I should tell her as soon as possible. Do you know if they have the body yet?”

“I’m not sure. I’ll go with you.”

“If you’re tired Kakashi, you can stay in bed. I can go by myself. You need some rest.”

“No, I’m fine. You need more rest than I do, so as long as you’re not sleeping neither am I. Come one lets go. I just need to leave a note for mom, so she doesn’t worry when she wakes,” He puts on his mask and jacket as I put my own gear on. We leave the apartment and a note for Ume and head to the Hokage.

We arrived at her office in seconds, and she sat with a few files in her hands.

“We just retrieved the body. I will personally do the biopsy, since Shizune does not know anything.”

“Yes, thank you. I just arrived back from the Shikkotsu Forest myself and Sage Moriko would also like a sample for her studies. She has a few ideas too. We believe we figured something about the man. When we fought, the markings all over his body began to glow. It was the Curse seal, I think he was a tool for the Akatsuki when Orochimaru was still part of the organization. He was left to rot in jail, I don’t know the reasons personally but he does have something that lets him handle the power at little extent. I can do more research if you’d like Lady Tsunade.”

She sighs and nods.

“Please do. I want to figure this puzzle as quickly as possible.”

Don’t we all. Lady Tsunade gives me his full name, and asks me to deliver it to Sage Moriko. I soon became a messenger to and from the village. Once Sho’s body was recovered it was secretly pulled apart and carefully examined. It would take a while for Lady Tsunade to get results, but she was working hard. She seemed troubled even, which wasn’t a good sign. I barely slept for two days, Kakashi had to remind me that I had to eat. I didn’t have the stomach to eat, I was too nervous. I didn’t know why I was nervous, but I was.

“I got the feeling that I’ve felt that kind of chakra once in my life before. It was many years ago,” I hear Ryuu speak in my head. I was walking to the hokage office alone. Kakashi has been assigned to a mission yesterday, he wasn’t going to be back for a couple more days. It felt a lot more lonely, but Ume decided to stay with me while he was gone. Until this mystery is solved, Lady Tsunade doesn’t want me going on missions.

“You’ve felt it before when?”

“It was the eyes that controlled the body. Sho wasn’t in control of his actions, the reason was because his chakra and bloodline weren’t strong or compatible with the Rinnegan. Sho wasn’t compatible at all for that power,” he said. He showed me pictures of his memory. This hasn’t been the first time humans had their hands on the Rinnegan.

“There is someone else on this earth who has the Rinnegan. They are alive, I can’t pinpoint the location. Perhaps once you master sage art, then you can locate a certain chakra from any part of the world,” Ryuu says. I wished I could get it mastered already, humans shouldn’t have this kind of godly power, not unless they are using it for good. I’m sure if the Akatsuki have it, they are using it for evil.

When I arrived to Lady Tsunade, it seemed like she has just seen a ghost. I close the door, and open my mouth to ask her a question but she puts her hand to stop me. She gets up from her chair and walks out of the room, I follow close behind. She must have looked at the results, this can’t be good. We go to the locked and guarded area under the building. This must be the place where they are keeping the body. Two ANBU let us through, and Lady Tsunade locks the door behind us.

“The result came in,” she said, and looked at the black bag in front of us. Sho was in there, even though he was dead, I still had a feeling that he would pop out and attack us. Being around his body makes me tense.

“Sho was an Uzumaki.” Lady Tsunade unzips the bag, and I see Sho lay there. The black marking all over his body were no longer there and his blue hair has turned a deep red.

“His appearance you saw were only activated because of the curse mark, this is his true appearance. He seems normal, doesn’t he.” Lady Tsunade almost looks like she feels bad for him.

“Its Orochimaru’s curse mark that changed him. I believe that when Orochimaru was part of the Akatsuki they used him because he was an Uzumaki. The Uzumaki clan has incredible life force, they are tough opponents. They were all killed in the last great ninja war. They are rare now, its shame that Sho has died the way he did. He was just a puppet,”

“But he was in prison wasn’t he?”

“Yes, that is still a mystery. Perhaps they implanted the Rinnegan shortly before he went on a rampage and blind with its power. Perhaps he has always had them, I don’t know how he got his hands on them. Its a mystery that I think will not be solved,” Lady Tsunade zips the black bag once more.

“Are you satisfied with this Lady Tsunade? I am not. He came looking for me, even if its Orochimaru or if its the Akatsuki, they are looking for me. They know of me.”

“You must be afraid,” She turns to look at me. I may be afraid, but not for myself.

“I’m more afraid for the village. I’ve made a barrier-like around the village with trees made from my chakra. I can sense when enemies are coming, I don’t want to be the reason people form the village get harmed,” I say. I see her smile a little.

“We have the same problem with having Naruto, but it’ll be more dangerous to let them have you. You come at a cost, but we’re willing to take it. The elders don’t know of course, otherwise they will never let you out of their sights, but I trust you Kiyoko. You haven’t given me a reason not to. As long as I am Hokage, its my duty to protect the village, and that includes you. If you are harmed in any way that might jeopardize the future mission. You have to save the world, don’t you,” Lady Tsunade says and unlocked the door.

“Get some rest. I’ve been working you too hard,” She pushes me out of the room, and shuts the door once more. If anything I think she’s been working too hard too. I make my way back to the house, it was midday, but I’ve never felt this tired. A good day sleep is all I need. Ume waited for me in the kitchen, she had lunch ready. She really felt like my own mother too.

“Welcome home Kiyoko. I made lunch a few minutes ago, so it is warm,” She smiles and serves me a bowl of lunch.

“Thank you Ume. You’ve been a great help.” I thank her and eat lunch.

“Is everything okay, you know with that man that came after you not too long ago. You’ve been in and out so much I don’t get to see you too much. Even a ninja needs a rest,” She squeezes my shoulder.

“Ya, everything seems to be okay now. A day off is all I need-” I say, and I hear the front door being knocked on. Ume goes over to answer it and I hear Eri’s voice fill the peaceful environment. I guess a nap wasn’t going to happen, but that’s okay since I haven’t seen Eri and Rin in a while. I smile when I see Eri carry in a fast growing Rin. Babies sure grow quickly.

“Finally got you, you’ve been so busy, and this little baby has been missing her auntie,” Eri smiles and sits Rin on my lap. I grab hold of her and smile. She’s gotten heavier, but at least now she can support her own head. I continue to eat with one hand. Rin tried to reach into my bowl of rice, but I kept it from her reach. I didn’t want to make a mess, Ume would probably want to clean it, and I didn’t want her to work more than she already has.

“Where’s Kakashi?”

“He went on a mission. He won’t be back for two more days,” I tell her and drink my glass of water.

“Why didn’t you go?”

“I had to help Lady Tsunade with a few things. She’s been busy, and the mission wasn’t demanding so they didn’t need me. I would be lying if I said that I didn’t need a break.”

“So how about we go to the hot spring and do a little shopping?” Eri claps her hand.

“I can take care of Rin, while you girls go have fun. I don’t mind at all,” Ume speaks and takes Rin from my lap. I couldn’t help but agree to Eri’s wishes. What harm could be done?
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading. Let me know what you guys think!

Until Next time!