TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: not sure if this is a good chapter. I think its shorter than the others, sorry for the suckish chapter

but try to enjoy :)
"You're still using too much chakra," Yamato tells me once again. I've been at this for several hours,I've seen the sun go down and I still haven't been able to form the water into the sphere. My clothes are soaked, and i am chilled to the bone. The rain clouds thunder above, but I can’t stop now, I only have one week. Plus I think I’m starting to get the hang of it. All I need is a small amount of chakra, and I’ll use it to evenly spread it to create a perfect sphere. I close my eyes to picture is better, I feel with my hands, and feel the chakra slowly form around the water.

I open my eyes when I don’t feel the water in my hands anymore. I’ve finally did it!

“You’re a fast learner. I’ve never seen anyone form the sphere as quickly as you did,” Yamato says with surprise, I feel my self confidence boost. Water may not be such a bad nature after all. I let the water slip out of my hands, now that that’s out of the way.

“I’ll teach you one more thing today, and that is rotation.” Yamao forms the water sphere, but his hand position is different from before. The water begins to spin, “ this is the fundamental base of the tearing torrent.” The water wild in his hands, like a water tornado.

“Your next task is to make the water spin quickly with your chakra.” Yamato holds his hand out, letting me see the rotation it was spinning at. It focused its energy at the center sending water tearing the air. They were like spikes, I grab a handful of water, making it into a sphere. I bite my lips out of habit. Spin it with energy, I tell myself. Infuse my chakra, shape the chakra into tearing spikes rotating around the water’s center point.

The water begins to look a lot like Yamato’s version, but its smaller. Its a lot harder than creating the sphere, but its easier if you have a stable sphere to begin with. It begins to swirl, but it gets out of control, spurting the water everywhere.

“You’re a lot closer than I did, when I first learned it, I think you’ll be able to master it by the chunin exams, but you’ll have a month of training for the individual challenges,” Yamato smiles, encouraging me to try again. I reach for more water in the pond, I see my reflection. My black hair is plastered to my face, the lack of sun today made my pale skin look white.

“I think its time to call it a day. We’ve been out here all day, we’ll continue tomorrow after group practice,” Kakashi looking at the dark clouds above us, the thunder rolling, after the lightning flashed. Yamato leaves after a brief nod of the head. I don’t argue this time, I did want to get out of the cold and get warmer.

“You’re lips are turning bluer every minute, lets get home quickly,” Kakashi tells me, before he jumps out of the open field. I’m left touching my lips, why did he notice my lips? I shake that ridiculous idea out of my mind. He was just telling me, there was nothing behind what he said.

I quickly catch up to him. We get to the apartment in the knick of time, the rain begins to pound on the walls. It looked like a downpour. All I want is to change into warm dry clothes, but after turning my room upside down, I realized my clothes were not clean. I smack my face, I haven’t been doing laundry. I have no other choice, but stay in my wet clothes. I take my full hamper to the washer, putting in the load. It’ll be about forty minutes before I get warm. My teeth chatter as I boil tea in a kettle, hopefully it will keep me warm while I wash and dry my clothes.

“Why are you still your wet clothes?” Kakashi looks confused, he has changed into his comfortable clothing. I envy the warmth he must be feeling.

“Um well, I don’t have any clean clothes, so I’m washing them right now.” The kettle whistles, and I pay attention to not spilling the hot water on me, as tempting as warming up looked right now, I didn’t want third degree burns. When I turn to offer Kakashi some tea, he is no longer there. I add some honey to sweeten it, the clattering of the raindrops against the kitchen window, distracts me. I study on the technique I have yet to master, thinking of possibilities to improve the rotation.

“Here you can wear these in the mean time,” Kakashi says, he interrupts my string of thought. He holds out a blue shirt, like the one he wears, and pants he uses. I feel my face go warm, and I’m certain I am as red as a tomato. I set my cup of tea on the table, and thank him for the dry cloths. I change in my room, the long sleeve shirt is not too big, its comfortable, the pants on the other hand are long and I trip over them. I fold the ends. I sigh in relief, as the heat begins to warm my cold bones. I put my wet clothes in the laundry basket, the pile only grew bigger as I washed to make it smaller.

I go back to the kitchen, Kakashi’s back is towards me. I step into the room, but the long pants get in my way. I step on the excessive material, and face plant the ground. I groan at the pain my cheekbones receives. Kakashi laughs a little, the sound of it makes my heart race, but why? It is light and he doesn’t laugh very often. Its a beautiful sound that I wished I could hear more of.

“Look like they are a bit too big. Are you alright?” I can still see the small smile he was trying to fight off, but he was failing. I do love his laugh, but I hate when people laugh at me. I squint my eyes, trying to look intimidating. The smile underneath his mask widens at my facial expression, I guess I can put up with being the idiot if I get to see his smile. I get up from the harsh cold ground, and retrieve my warm tea. Kakashi pours himself some, removing his mask to drink it, I like to see the sharp jaw line, and the thin lips of his.

Did I just think that? I need to stop looking at his features. I blink away.

“I’m glad your chakra nature is water,” Kakashi says. I look back at him.

“Why is that?”

“Well water conducts electricity. My lightning style and your water style go perfect together.”

His comments makes me blush for some reason. He continues.

“Combining these two natures will make us powerful against enemies. And we have plenty of them. All you need to do is master water jutsus, and you’ll be getting closer to becoming a jounin.” He takes a sip of his tea. Mastering water, it reminded me of the nightmare. The water was out of control and I had no power to stop it. I feared that I will somehow end up killing Kakashi, even if it was by accident.

“Kiyoko?” He asks. I must have spaced out, and missed something he told me.

“I’m sorry, what?”
“You look like you have something on your mind. Something is bothering you I can tell.” Kakashi finishes his tea, while mine has been untouched for several minutes. He is always so observant, sometimes I wish he wasn’t.

“I um. I had a dream last night.”

“Ya, I sensed your uneven breathing. What was it about?”

“I saw everyone I have killed, and I saw Minato sensei, Rin, Obito, and you. I killed you,” I whisper the last part, not wanting for him to hear. I don’t want him to be afraid of me, because of what I dreamed.

“I don’t want to have these dreams. I don’t want to kill anyone, and I’m afraid, I’ll accidently end up hurting you. Or hurting Lady Tsunade, & Sakura, Sai, and Naruto.” I say before my brain can register that I actually said them out loud. I don’t like telling others my horrific dreams,they’ll only run away, they always have. The Moon villagers would go out of their way to avoid direct contact. A lot of the time I would walk empty streets because no one wanted to be on the same street as me.

I sense that Kakashi want to hear more, he’s told me something about his past I should tell him some of mine. I swallow the lump in my throat before I begin.

“When I was at the mercy of the seal’s hallucination, I saw a memory of mine, that I wish I never have to remember. It happened during the last great ninja war. I would usually hide, while ninjas battled, I stayed underground, and I only came out when it was necessary. I was alone, but one day a girl finds me. Her name was Suzu, and she was only a few years older than me. You should have seen her, her confidence was so contagious, she made me believe that I can change. I can become the jounin I have always wanted to be.” I smile as I remember her heart warming smile. I wish I had a dazzling smile like her’s. I went on, feeling the faint sadness at the back of mind.

“She was so angry with the thought that children were fighting and dying at such a young age. Suzu was so open, and that made me suspicious. She said ‘In war you never know when you’ll be killed. For all I know I may die tomorrow, why must I live what may be the last hours of my life in fear?’” I chuckle, I can practically hear her, one eyebrow would be raised, and her posture would be full of attitude.

“She promised me she would train me, all I had to do was protect her. I would be getting two things done at the same time. It was a simple task, but I failed too.” I recall Kakashi also went through something similar.

“We were forced to leave the cave, we called shelter. We were getting thirsty, and the river wasn’t too far. The battle has moved away, so we thought it was safe enough to go and return. I was filling the canteen, I honestly thought we could make it, but that’s when mist ninja confront us. Three against two, well three against Suzu, I was powerless. She wouldn’t let me fight them, she told me to have faith in her. I watched as they battled, I wanted to help her, but I didn’t know how. She was holding against them, she was actually winning, landing blows left and right,” I say with admiration. It was quite a sight. Kakashi nods, indicating that he was still listening.

“They used water and lightning combination to stop her. I saw the water push her on her back, and I saw the lightning shock her. I saw the kunai hit her chest, I saw everything. Her life was gone in a matter of minutes.”

Water and lightning, thats the pairing Kakashi and I have. I shake my head at the irony.

“I was so angry, and so dissapointed in myself for letting her die. I promised her, I promised to keep her safe, but at the end I couldn’t. I was weak, and the beast was strong. In the genjutsu I watched myself tear the men apart, like an animal. I couldn’t believe I did that. The worst part of it all is that the one person I thought loved me unconditionally, was the one who showed me the memory. I loved my mother because she never ignored me, because she didn’t see this part of me. And I was stupid enough to listen to her, what child would not listen to their mother?” I laugh, but that doesn’t keep the tears from dripping into my cold tea.

“I listened to her, she kept telling me, that no matter how much I tried to change and improve the people I love will die. Why would a person like me get to live a long and happy life, while I shortened innocent’s lives? I couldn’t find the answer myself, so I let her tell me what to do. I felt lost, but you told me your story, and you made me realize that Suzu’s death shouldn’t be in vain. I thank you for that.” I wipe the tears off of my face. It felt nice to tell someone how I felt, I’ve never told anyone what I’ve experienced. Even if it wasn’t much, He knew more about me, and I knew more about him.

“We won’t let Suzu’s death be futile. You’ll pass the chunin exams with flying colors, and you’ll go on missions protecting others. You get a second chance at life, so take advantage of it.” Kakashi leaves his empty tea cup in the sink, before he bids me good night. I eat a late dinner before I go to bed. I don’t dream of anything this night, it feels like every worry on my mind was washing away. My chakra nature cleansing the impurities I have acquired. It wasn’t that simple, but I let myself believe it was for just this night.
Chapter end notes: thanks for reading
leave a comment/review,
dislikes/like,
suggestions,
question,
all feedback is welcome

UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER