TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Kunoichi At Heart by Chloryl

[Reviews - 28]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

When the four of you reached the top of your respective trees, Akamaru whined softly.

"What is it, buddy?" Kiba asked, his forehead creasing slightly. Then he raised his voice to address the entire team. "Akamaru says we should be careful when untying the shuriken from the tree branch. He smells traps."

"Got it," you said, grateful for Akamaru's sharp nose.

You held out a kunai at arm's length, extending it towards the shuriken tied to your tree. Then you swiftly cut through the rope and caught the shuriken safely between your fingers.

"No traps on this one," you called, looking over at Hinata. She had also retrieved her shuriken, but had a nasty cut on her arm.

"M-my shuriken was attached to a smoke bomb," she explained, coughing. "I couldn't see what I was doing."

It seemed as though Kiba and Shino had claimed their shuriken as well. You waited, wondering when Kurenai-sensei was going to make her appearance. At that moment, she materialized on the tip of Kiba's tree.

"Very well done," she congratulated you and the rest of your team. "You handled the elements of this exercise well, demonstrating the ability to work as a team and have trust in each other. You have also successfully completed this mission within the time frame I have set for you, and each of your mastery of chakra control is better than I had initially hoped."

You glowed at the praise. Without warning, you suddenly experienced a splitting headache. Your hand moved to your temples and your eyes closed.

Read Chapter 23, then return to this page.

"[Name]!" Kiba cried, roughly shaking you awake by the shoulders. You opened your eyes groggily, and they focused on Kiba's wide, vertical pupils.

"How long have I been out?" you asked, confused.

"N-not long," Hinata said comfortingly, looking worried. "You passed out just now."

"That's a relief," you sighed. Kiba let go of your shoulders and you straightened up, grateful for his support.

"We all passed," Shino told you solemnly.

Kurenai crossed her arms. "But your career as ninjas, it's only going to get harder from here."

"We've heard that one before," Kiba remarked dryly. "What are we going to do now? More training?"

Kurenai tilted her head. "Not exactly. I'll be giving you each one week to rest up, and we'll start your first real mission as genin then."

"One week?!" Kiba objected, looking flabbergasted. "Why? I won't be able to wait that long!"

"Because during that time, I want you each to work on honing your skills. We'll be embarking on a C-ranked mission, so it is essential for each of you to train well and work hard."

"Got it," said Kiba, nodding to Akamaru. "Sounds like a perfect opportunity to get some training done with you. Mom's been pestering us for ages." Akamaru barked in agreement.

Kurenai turned to you, and her expression softened slightly. "[Name]. The rest of your team come from powerful clans with distinctive fighting styles and characteristic techniques. But as for you…"

You blushed. "Yes?"

"I'll set you up to train with some available and capable teachers. Though it does depend where your talents and what your interests are. Just because you don't have a kekkei genkai or clan-specific skills doesn't mean you'll be left out. So tell me, is there any jutsu you are you keen on learning?"

Genjutsu! Go to Chapter 52.

Kenjutsu! Go to Chapter 53.

Elemental ninjutsu! Go to Chapter 54.