TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Scent of Strawberries by mangeky-o

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I apologize for taking such a long time to update. I haven't been feeling very well, and I'm still not 100%, but I really wanted to update since I won't be able to at all this week till around Monday.
I'm sorry for any mistakes you might find, I tried to fix the ones that I could find although I probably just added more. -_-

I hope you enjoy! And thank you for reading. (:
Kakashi's arms maintained the protective grip they had around Rin's small frame for what seemed to be forever. 

They both stood there, listening to the other's stable, almost silent breathing, the quiet activity of the hospital outside the room door unphasing them. 

It was the calmest moment either of them have experienced in a while. 

Kakashi's arms loosened their grip as Rin began to back away, her chocolate eyes looking up to the silver headed man. 

Tearing her gaze away from his steel color eyes, she slowly walked over to the curtain covered window that was to the back of the hospital room, Kakashi watching her every delicate step. Her small hands reached up and took hold of the bleach white curtains, preparing to pull them open.

Kakashi then took the time to look around the small, quaint hospital room. Different flowers and cards that are yet to be read littered the side table near Rin's bed. The supply pack that she had worn on the mission that put her into the comatose state sat on a chair that was placed near the window. He figured that someone occasionally moved it, due to its lack of dust. 

Her voice caused him to look back over to the window, as her long brown hair waved behind her. 

"What should I expect when I look out here?" she asked looking over her shoulder back at Kakashi "has a lot changed?"

Kakashi allowed his gaze to look over her once again, before his eyes met with her brown one. 

"You do know how long you've been asleep, right Rin?" he asked quietly, taking a few steps towards her. 

She turned back around to face the window, "They never actually made any of that clear to me," she replied quietly as she allowed her hands to slide down the curtains. 

Before Kakashi could respond, Rin pulled open the white curtains, allowing the bright morning sunlight to filter into the room. 

She winced, her arms flying to shield her eyes as she shut them eyes completely before gradually reopening them as they slowly adapted to the sunlight. 

Her hands fell to her sides as she silently looked out the window. 

Her eyes dashed from one building to another as she tried to recall the last vision she had of the village in order to compare it to the vision she had now. 

"Everything's changed," she muttered to herself as she placed her hands onto the windowsill, leaning in forward toward the windowpane. 

"It has been five years, Rin."

A slight gasp could be heard as Rin turned to face Kakashi, her mouth slightly agape. 

"Five years?" she repeated, her eyes full of worry, "It couldn't have been that long." 

Kakashi's single eye slid shut as his shoulders fell further away from his ears. 

"I thought they made it clear that it's been that long-"

"Are my parents alright?" she asked urgently, stepping closer to Kakashi, "Have they...?"

Rin's parents. How could I think that she would never ask about them? Kakashi thought to himself as he lowered his head. 

He gave himself a few minutes to consider how he should respond. Failing to find a way, Kakashi rose his head and gaze up to Rin, his answer being shown clearly through his eye. 

Rin's facial expression eased slightly from a worried one to a tearful one. Her hand rose slowly up to her lips as she let out a quiet sob, followed by another then another. 

Kakashi froze, his already frayed emotions going into a frenzy once again as he watch Rin's body shake and quiver as she let out each cry. 

She began to collapse as her sobs got louder and deeper. 

Before she could reach the ground, however, a pair of arms grabbed hold of her, taking her down slowly to the ground. 

"Kakashi," she sobbed out as she turned her face inward towards his chest. 

"Shh," he hushed as he felt her hands curl into the sleeves of his navy shirt, "It's alright."

"No, it's not," she sobbed back, "I didn't even get to say goodbye."

Kakashi remained silent. There was nothing else he could say because she was right. She wasn't able to say goodbye, and there's no other way for her to. 

His heart began to ache. Her first day from waking up from her coma shouldn't have been spent like this, and there was no way for him to fix it. 

The time that it took for Rin to cry herself to sleep seemed to be close to the length of an eternity to Kakashi. 

Once her cries quieted down to silence, Kakashi put one of his arms under her knees and the other behind her back to pick her up. 

It was only then that Kakashi realized how frail she had become, and how important it was for him to remain at her side to aid her back to health. 

He carefully walked over to the side of the hospital bed and laid her onto it before pulling the blanket that was gathered at the foot of the bed onto her. 

He stood there momentarily watching her breathe steadily before going over to the chair beside the window and picking up her medical pouch and sitting onto the cushioned chair. 

He looked back up at Rin before slouching in the chair and allowing his eye to slide shut. 

It was only a few moments later that Kakashi found himself deep asleep also. 

***

Kakashi woke up Silently as he heard the hospital room door open quietly, revealing a woman in a green over coat. 

"Kakashi," Tsunade whispered as she slipped into the room. 

Kakashi's single eye slid open, revealing a dark room that only had the streetlights outside as its source of light. 

"Yes, Lady Tsunade," he replied as he pushed himself to sit up straight, Rin's medical pouch in his lap. 

"Why are you two still here?" she asked as she walked into the room, shutting the door behind her. 

"Rin fell asleep," he responded simply, deciding not to relay the exact events that occurred in the past hours. 

Tsunade took in a deep breathe as she flipped the light switch that turned on the room lights. "Have you made you're decision then? About what we spoke about earlier?"

"Maa, Lady Tsunade. You didn't really give me a choice, now did you?" he question, stifling a yawn. "I'll help her, of course."

"Hmph, seems as if I finally made a good choice," she responded, a smile forming onto her face before it was replaced with a serious frown, "You're aware of what you have to do, right?"

"What would that be, Lady Tsunade?" he asked, raising from his seat. 

She took in another deep breath. "She's over 30 pounds underweight, for all we know all of her shinobi capabilities have gone down the drain, and she possibly could suffer from anxiety at how different things are," she listed as she pinched the skin between her eyes, "You have to make sure that she's able to function on her own."

Kakashi nodded his head in understanding, "Seems easy enough-"

"And help her to cope," Tsunade added, her voice softened. . 

"With what?" Kakashi asked, his mind going into another frenzy. 

"Have You two spoken about what's happened? With your teammate? Or with your past Sensei? Not to mention what has happened on the mission that put her here," Tsunade responded as she turned to head back out the room, "You're an intelligent man Kakashi, you should be able to figure this out," she whispered as she flicked the lights back off and walked out the hospital room. 

Kakashi let out a loud sigh as he crumpled back into the seat behind him. 

I guess now we have to face what's happened, huh Obito? Kakashi thought as his eye slid back shut.