TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


From the Ashes of War and Tragedy by Shizake Uchiha

[Reviews - 41]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: The first chapter of the first book of war. I hope you enjoy!
Book One:War

-Forward unto Dawn


"The portal has opened horsemen. It is time for you and your brothers to ride."

"The apocalypse has begun hmm? What are we to do once we arrive my lord?" I ask the shadowy figure.

"You and your brothers must split up and find the four guardians. They protect the keys needed to open the gates of heaven and the gates of hell. Once you've completed that task...Two of you must ride forth into each realm and kill their leader. Only this will restore the balance. Now ride horsemen. Arm your swords and your scythes, and reap balance back onto this world."

"Yes my lord."

I gather my brothers, Death, Conquest, and Famine as we prepare for our journey to the mortal realm. After arming ourselves with our armor and what not we step through the portal where we are sent on a collision course to the mortal world. We rocket through the sky like shooting stars then hit the ground with a large explosion. Unscathed, we arise from the smoke and rubble.

"The guardians. Where are they?" I ask my brothers.

Death speaks up first, "One is located in what this world calls the Village Hidden in the Leaves. The next one, the Village Hidden in the Sand. Another in the Village Hidden in the Rain. The last one in the Village Hidden in the Stone."

"They are not close in proximity brothers. So we must split up for now. Once we have the keys we meet right back here." Famine states.

"Then it is settled. I will see you soon brothers." I finish, summoning my horse and riding off into the distance.

This world has certainly gone to oblivion. War between heaven and hell has surely destroyed this world. Not a single human is in sight which could be a problem later on. After riding for just several minutes I come across some hell demons. Leaping off my horse, I pull out my blade and land in the middle of them.

"The horsemen! They have arrived! Get him!" One of them cries out as they all lunge at me.

I smirk as I grab one by the face and slam him into the ground. Then I swing my sword behind me slicing three of them in half. One manages to jump on my back but I just grab him, drive it's head into the ground, and rip it's skull from it's cranium. Simple enough...

"So the rumors are true. You have fallen upon this world." An angel speaks as it descends, a few others behind it holding magnificent golden white halberd's. "Are you friend or foe horsemen?"

"Neither. I am only here to enforce."

"Then so be it!" The leader of the group yells pointing his blade at me unleashing a charge of energy.

Easily, I dodge it as I come to a sliding halt. The three henchmen of the leader glide towards me, halberds pointed and sharp. With my sword I push one of the halberds up into the angel's face and drive it into his face, pinning him into the ground. The other two shoot another charge of energy at me which stings at my back but does no harm. Again the charge at me so I charge back with a fury of elegant blade swings. They are no match for me as I easily break one of the angel's guard and stab him through the chest. I then swiftly step to the side and tear off the last angel's wings then drive my sword into his back, killing him instantly.

"You sure are persistent horsemen. The council must hold you with high regards." States the leader.

"Of course they do...They created us to keep the balance. Which is what we shall do."

"Then heaven and hell will be after you. Be prepared for a good fight." He puts before flying up into the air, attempting to flee.

Ah ah ah. Not so soon. I launch my cross blade which homes in on him and slices both of his wings off. He hits the ground with a thud and stumbles to his feet.

"How dare you!" He screams pointing his sword at me.

I step on his arm and disarm him with ease. With one final execution I bring up my sword and cut the poor angel's body in half. These elegant fighters are no match for me.

Once again I summon up my flaming red steed and ride towards the Village Hidden in the Leaves. All I see are forests for what seems like forever. After about an hour of riding I decide to give my horse a break because I have seem to come across an encampment of the onyx guard. Heaven's elite archangels. They wear black armor with golden trimming all over it. Their wings are bright gold which obviously symbolizes their honor. I creep up close and they seem to be fighting off a squad of hell hounds. Nasty little dogs that will tear your trachea out if you let them too close.

I decide to let them fight as I will just destroy the victor of this fight. A few dogs swarm one of the Onyx members and begin tearing his body up with sharp fangs. Two of the archangels run over and slice the hounds off their dead comrade. One of the archangels manages to decapitate a couple of more hounds and eventually the Onyx guards finish off the small squadron of hell hounds. Which is my cue. I emerge from the bushes and approach the Onyx guard.

"Halt! Who goes there?" One of them shouts.

"It is I...War."

He gasps, "Rider of the red horse! You dare face us?"

"Of course I do..." I grimly put before pulling out my black scythe.

The Onyx guard attempt to swarm me with their holy power, good thing I have a counter. It's what I call the hurricane technique. I throw my scythe which begins spinning around violently as it encircles me, keeping the Onyx from getting too close. While their distracted I grab my scythe and front flip over one of the Onyx, impaling him in the back. His soul rises from his body and into mine, increasing my strength. With my right arm I quickly slash my scythe to my right to impale another guard in the chest. The last Onyx remaining catches me off guard as it crashes into me with full force. During the chaos of the tackle I pull out a hidden knife from my sleeve and stab the Onyx in the head, killing him instantly.

I get up and dust myself off. Then I come across something that surprises me.

"Please don't hurt us!"

"We don't want any trouble please."

Humans...Bound up in tents. Wonder what the angels are doing bounding up humans...

"Do not falter humans. I am friend, not foe." I assure them.

"Please help us then."

I slice off their restraints as they sit there trying to take everything in.

"Wh-who are you?" One of them shakily asks.

"My name is War of the Four Horsemen."

"The Four Horsemen?"

"We are what you call the "enforcers" of the balance. Heaven and hell were always destined to begin this war. When the seven seals broke, earth would enter Armageddon with you humans stuck in the middle of the conflict. Do not be surprised if everyone you know is dead. This is a war of total destruction. Now, what are your names?"

"Anko Mitarashi from the Hidden Leaf Village. These are two of my assistants from our interrogation unit."

"You humans were always such a strange species...Will you accompany on my journey?"

"Where ya headed?"

"Your village. To approach the guardian that resides there."

"You want us to go back to the village?! That's insane! That place is overrun with monsters and angels of the like."

"I can hold my own. I did just take down those Onyx angels. I will keep you safe trust me. What I do is necessary for you humans to keep living. What my brothers and I want is for balance which means you humans staying alive. Plus you have certain powers right? You can fend for the most part."

"Yeah...We did manage to push back a few of the attacks during the first invasion. I guess we can go with you...Just promise to keep us safe."

"Trust me I will do everything in my power too. You haven't seen what destruction I can cause. Now let us rest. You will need all of your strength for this journey."

The woman and her two colleagues go into the tents and pass out. I decide to keep watch throughout the night. Off in the distance of the night I can see smoke and fire rising. Obvious signs of a huge clash. I have a feeling we are about to walk into the threshold of war itself. But what do I care? War IS my name...