TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Impervious by Hazard

[Reviews - 137]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Another update! I was planning to do another Lost Heritage, but I felt like doing this instead since I did just post a chapter for that anyways. Enjoy!
Impervious

Signal Flare

I fell asleep sometime last night in mid-western Fire Country after defeating Orochimaru’s top henchmen, and even though I slept in a tree with that wasn’t very comfy it sure helped restore my chakra levels.

After doing a few quick stretches and hopping down to the ground below, I walk over to a near by stream to wash my face. I see my reflection in the water and I can see my eyes dully look back at me and that I probably need to find a barber soon to shave my beard and trim my hair since both are becoming quite overgrown and wild. Just more things to put on the ole list I suppose.

After giving myself a good wash I walk back to my small camp where I only had a fire pit from last night, and I begin to do some meditation to relax my mind. I know that Orochimaru is somewhere in Suna right now after the Hokage, but shouldn’t they be able to handle him? Unless it’s a trap of course, than you may have issues if he able to lure him out to some remote location where he can make up the rules. This is a very problematic situation, and even if I wasted all my chakra by sprinting there it’d already be over before I set foot in Suna.

After a good five minutes of thinking I stand back up and continue toward Konoha since I want to hear how Tsuma did against Hense. Depending on how she did I will have a gift for her, and maybe Kimimaro if he’s been behaving himself. Ah, I almost forgot about Zakura! I still have him sealed away, but he can wait. My seal sends you to a place with the absence of time, so he can wait for now.

I walk through some nice country side all morning seeing a couple farmers here and there, which I waive to and about an hour into my walk I start to get a strange feeling creep up into me, and before I have more time to think about it I’m dragged into oblivion.

I briefly reappear by falling face first into some sand. Well, it could have been lava or something so I’ll take this small personal victory, but where am I?

I look up and I see a huge goddamn purple snake about 40 meters from me hissing and thrashing about. I stand up and look behind me to see Gaara standing behind me with his siblings looking a bit surprised with the exception of Gaara.

“ What’s the occasion? I half jokingly say to him well knowing its Orochimaru I have to deal with, but where are we? Definitely not Suna, but probably near it, as Orochimaru probably lured the Hokage out like I predicted earlier.

“ The Hokage is battling Orochimaru who posed as father just up head in the canyon with a bunch of Sound shinobi, and he left us this huge snake for us to deal with.” Gaara explains and his siblings nod.
“ Alright, so do you want to deal with the snake or me? And why isn’t there any other ninja around?” I ask and Gaara shakes his head.

“ He tricked us into making this a private meeting, so it’s only been us three and the Hokage’s ANBU have been dealing with Orochimaru’s forces. You were quicker to summon than reinforcements.” Gaara yet again explains, and I shrug.

“ Can’t blame you, can I? I probably would have done the same, and that’s smart of you. Now, I’ll go ahead to assist the Hokage, I’ll leave his summon to you three, ok? I’ll leave a water clone to help you out as well.” I respond as I quickly make a water clone, and I hear an explosion of in the distance. Seems things are heating up down there in the canyon.

“ You got it. We can handle this thing.” Kankouro confidently says as he readies his puppets and Temari grips her fan tighter.

“ Go now. I want that man dead.” Gaara commands and I take off toward the snake. The huge snake hisses at me, but I quickly body flicker to the other side of it and continue toward the canyon leaving three children to deal with a monstrous snake. Hope my clone will be enough.

I quickly hear the loud booms and clanging of ninja tools pick up as I head east, and eventually the canyon is in sight. Around the canyon I see a couple dozen sound ninja fighting a few leaf ANBU that the Hokage must have had as protection, and down in the ravine are most likely are Hiruzen and Orochimaru. I quickly make my way through he surrounding forces and I can now faintly hear the Hiruzen and Orochimaru talking, so I run to the edge and look down into the mess.

First thing I see is wood, and not a natural configuration of it, more like wood style of the Senju clan. I also see the walls of the canyon have been scorched and I can see to little figures at the bottom at a stand still. Something must be up.

I slid down the wall of the canyon, and I see the Hokage is very close to Orochimaru looking to seal him, and by the looks of it it’s a very powerful one. Right before I get to the bottom I see a sword fly through Hiruzen and he seems to be just about dead.

Neither of them has noticed me yet since I’ve hid my presence quite well, but I rush over to the two and Orochimaru looks at me with eyes wide. Right before I get there I see one last plunge of the sword and Hiruzen falls over.

Orochimaru struggles to keep his footing and forces out a cough and says, “ So, you actually managed to get here…” and I smirk knowing there is no way he can battle me after defeating the Hokage.

“ Oh, I had some help, but I think it’s a little too late for you.” I reply and Orochimaru starts to limp away but falls down to one knee. “ It’s no use, you’re done for.”

“ Don’t be so sure of yourself Mizukage. I won’t die here today.” Orochimaru struggles to say, and after that he sheds his skin just like a snake and a huge white snake emerges from the old skin shell and begins to slither away. I can’t let this bastard escape now, and it seems he’s done some research on me. Not surprising since I’ve been giving him grief since I freed the Uchiha boy, and the Jourou clan kekkei genkai is essentially immortality.

I form my hand signs and I sprout up my Water Style: Water Wall on the opposite side of Orochimaru, cutting off his exit point, in which he then turns and tries to go straight up the wall. Craft, but there is no escaping me at this point.

“ It’s over Orochimaru, and now you will die. Water Style: Aquarium Requiem!” I shout as water walls form over all sides of the large canyon from my original water wall, to behind me and on the ground and overhead, creating one large box, and now water has jetted in from the sides of the canyon filling up the remaining area.

“ Take your last breathes snake, because I’m going to drown you!” I shout with a little bit of enthusiasm as I melt away into the water as it flows over my head. Just a little technique I picked up from the Hozuki clan, since it’s a clan jutsu not kekkei genkai.

Hidden away in the water I see the water finally consumes Orochimaru and he seems to be trying to break the barrier, but this aquarium works very much like the water prison jutsu, and the only way to stop it is attacking the caster. Unfortunately for him when I use the Hozuki clan technique I’m not in one specific spot so you can’t hurt me. A fool proof jutsu, since the only other way out is to over power the barrier which I doubt he can do with his chakra so low due to the other battle.

He still seems to be struggling, and holding this jutsu requires a lot of chakra since it’s such a wide area, and I’ve used it mostly to drown out large groups of shinobi at a time. I wait until I see his snake like body stop moving and he falls slowly to the bottom of the aquarium. I wait a whole extra minute just to make sure, and I finally release the jutsu.

The water suddenly losses it’s shape and rushes down both the north and south side of the canyon as the water slowly becomes shallow and I rise out of it back as my usual self. I don’t bother drying myself off as I’m drenched in water, so I just my bangs out my eyes and I stare down the corpse of this monster. To do this to you achieve immortality…but to have mortality is a gift. It’s what makes us all human in way knowing you have limited time, which as long as you can understand that you can be at piece with yourself. Even with my kekkei genkai I too will eventually die of old age when the time comes. Nobody can cheat death entirely.

I stand over the snake like form and I see it’s actually many snakes intertwined into one. Sickening. I pull out a somewhat dry sealing scroll and I unravel it. I start to perform my usual ritual like I used to seal Kimimaro and Zakura, but I add one last element to this seal. I make my finishing touch so that I it’s a broken lock seal, meaning you won’t be able to reopen it, meaning even if he is somehow alive, nobody will be able to retrieve him for eternity, unless you can recreate my custom seal which is near impossible and requires you to steal the scroll from me.

I pull out another scroll in which I seal the Orochimaru sealed scroll into for safe keeping and I walk down to where the Hokage died back a ways down the canyon. I get there and I see he is lying on his back with a sword stab through his heart, and a smile on his face. He died peacefully even though it was by that hateful monster, what a kind old man.

As I’m admiring the dead old man, two ANBU drop down along with the sand trio looking first to me, and then at the dead kage.

“ Where is Orochimaru?” The tiger masked one asks in a very anxious tone, and I reply, “ I finished him off. You won’t be hearing from him ever again.”

“ The snake disappeared just a little earlier in retreat as we had it cornered.” Gaara reports and his siblings smile at their triumph, even though they look a bit rough.

“ We must bring the body back to the village, as we now have two great nations without kages. “ The Cat masked ANBU declares as he motions for Tiger to help him carry the body.

“I will move on ahead back to the leaf to report what has happened to the council. You two clean up here. As for you three, I’m impressed. Keep it up kids.” I announce and I then disappear via body flicker. I absentmindedly check my left thigh, and I still have the leaf hi-ate strapped to me so the two ANBU must have understood that I was with them. A new Hokage must be selected along with Kazekage, which makes this a very delicate situation. If other nations were to know of this it would entice a war motion, so it must be taken care of quickly.

I believe Suna to select Gaara since he his father was Kazekage, he is the Shukaku container with control over it, and he’s one of the most feared shinobi in Suna, but for the leaf it’s a different story. There is no up rising shinobi to be a shoe in for the spot, and I really don’t know what they’ll do. Looks like when one problem is taken care of another arises, but thankfully I won’t have to deal with it. Since my only connection to being a “leaf shinobi” was with Hiruzen should I stick around with Tsuma and Kimimaro there? Just something to discuss when I get back I suppose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Chapter end notes: New developments await! So it was kinda canon for the Hokage v.s Orochimaru, since I didn't see it going any other way, but he's dead...right? Yep. Anyways I'll have another chapter on the way soon enough,and thank you for the reviews thus far! I like the feedback and if you're new to the story don't be shy to drop your opinion either. Peace.