TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

This chapter's title was respectfully borrowed from: Coldplay I'm sorry - I completely forgot about this site. Not that I got around to finish the story, but at least it continues.
Action-scenes and motivational speeches - not my most favourite things to write, but it was kind of interesting to give it a try.

That night Sakura dreamt. Her dreams took her back to the war, back to shinobi, to soldiers literally torn apart, to the smell of death and the cries for help, to the bravest men and women crying like babies, while she tried all she could to piece them back together.
When she woke up, she could still hear the shouting, the screams and the noises of blades clashing, of jutsu being cast. Sakura rubbed her eyes. This couldn't be real, this had to be yet another dream. Sakura pinched her arm. She winced. Then she got up, slipped on her boots and peeked outside her tent.

Sakura gasped.

The whole camp had transformed into a battlefield – but who the enemy was, she was unable to determine. It was all so chaotic.
"What's going on?", Shino not so much asked, but told her as he suddenly appeared next to her. (Sakura had to fight the urge to punch him.)
"Madara's body disappeared and now everyone is blaming everyone."
Even as he said so, a shinobi from the mist (who's name Sakura couldn't recall – maybe he had never told her), charged their way.
"This is insane", Sakura screamed as she and Shino dodged a water-pillar which rose between them. The next second, before they had the chance to make a decision, they were both engaged in battle.

The fighting lasted until the sun rose, when all fractions (or what was left of them) had retreated to some hiding spot, where they licked their wounds. Where once had been the camp, now nothing but rubble was left.
This, it occurred to Sakura, was the end of the alliance. Everything, the great war, Naruto's and Sasuke's sacrifice, had been in vain.
She wanted to cry, but no tears would come. Instead she took a long and good look at the abandoned battleground. From where she as hiding she could make out four bodies – but if they could still make use of her help she could not tell.
"What are you doing?", she heard Shinos voice behind her as she began to crawl outside.
"Cover me!", she told him. And then, as he did not seem to understand she explained:

"I took an oath – as a medic as well as a shinobi of the Five Allied Nations."
At least one of them, Sakura soon noted with relief, was still breathing. The same second a kunai flew her way. She dodged it, the blade hit what once had been a tent, sending splinters of wood and debris flying as the explosion tag activated. Sakura drew a weapon herself, ready to deflect anything that would come flying her way – but at that moment a black and buzzing wall grew around her, shielding her from any harm.
Sakura waited for further attacks, but nothing happened. Slowly Shino's insects retreated, leaving her out in the open.

Sakura could feel how they all looked at her, bored their eyes into her. She felt certain that there was more than one attack ready and prepared. She swallowed hard, she felt dizzy with adrenaline as she turned around. Her mouth was dry, and yet she suddenly heard herself speak:

"I don't care if someone stole Madara's body", she said to no one in particular "and I don't care what they plan to do with it. Maybe someone was plotting to use it against the Five Allied Nations. If he did, he has done a very good job so far and there's no one here, dead or a live, who didn't help him! And maybe you think that's good. Maybe you think all the things everyone of us lost during this last war, all the people who sacrificed their lives to bring peace to this world – maybe you think, maybe you think they deserve this.. Maybe you think their alliance should be ended here and now. But if you don't – I order every medic to see that no onedies here today. I order each of your teams to return home, and give word to your Kage. If we want to figure out what happened tonight, we'll have to work together", she took one more deep breath. Her knees trembled, and her words still echoed in her head – unfamiliar, but not in a particularly bad way.

Nothing happened.

"What are you waiting for?", Sakura called out, she could hear bits of the little girl she sometimes still was creeping back into her voice.
"If you think I'm right, get a move on – if you don't... if you disagree with me, then come on and kill me already!"