TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I've been kind of dreading this part of the story, but now that it's done, I'm happier with it than I would have expected...
What did you think?

Also.. I just realised that that everything I wrote about Madara's body in the last chapter doesn't add up with what was said earlier about it not being in any condition for transport.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to find some explanation for that later... (Any suggestions? Suspicions? Speculations?)

The first thing Kakashi noticed, when he opened his eyes, was that looking through two eyes that willingly and naturally worked together as one needed much more getting used to, than it had in his memory; His vision blurred continually, as he tried to focus on his surroundings with both eyes at once and some seconds, or minutes, or hours (the concept of time seemed a little unstable here) Kakashi spent with nothing but getting used to just seeing.
Once he was done with that he noted a strange feeling of déjà vu. He had been here before, but couldn't remember how or when. It wasn't important now, Kakashi reminded himself.

He wanted to check the body he currently possessed for some, for any kind of weapon –

– he stopped dead, the second he looked down.
"Not what you expected – is it?", a voice said.
"How-", but Kakashi didn't speak any further. When you're in some other dimension, inside the enemies body, he decided, you really shouldn't trust any disembodied voice you happened to meet.
"Don't worry, we're not going to harm you", another voice said. There was a friendlier ring to it than there had been with the first voice.
Another one murmured something about stupid humans, and that Kakashi should never have come here in the first place.

"Don't blame him!", the second voice, replied.
"If he hadn't interrupted his jutsu, he would have escaped already!"
"And what good does it, when he's going to escape now?", the first voice shot back.
"At least we managed to use the dog's way in to send Naruto back", a fifth voice threw in.
"And you think he'll be able to defeat him, without our help?"

No matter how hard Kakashi tried – it was impossible to locate the voices' origin. He started to feel dizzy, although he couldn't tell whether this was the voices' fault. Finally his fingers caught hold of a kunai's handle – he brought it up to his chest (there was no other way to do this than quick and simple), but before it got even so far as to pierce his skin, something or someone, yanked the weapon out of his hand.

"That won't do", a sixth voice told him.
"If you kill him here", the second – friendlier – voice explained, "The only one who dies will be you, and he'll have your body all for himself."

Kakahi still didn't think of the disembodied voices as too trustworthy, yet he couldn't help his blood running cold at the mere idea that, with his actions, he had done nothing but put everyone else in danger. Again.
"What am I supposed to do, then?", he finally asked. The words echoed strange and unfamiliar in his head. The world – or what ever it was that surrounded him – slowly began to spin.
"Go back!", the first voice ordered.
"If you stay here much longer, it'll kill you", the second voice explained. It seemed to draw closer towards him.
"You'll find a way to solve this problem. But you won't find it here", it said. Some of the other voices started to laugh, whispering and muttering that he (who ever the owner of the second voice was) had really become just as deluded as any human being.
The second voice ignored them.

"You know how to get back to your body – do you?", it whispered in Kakashi's ear.
Kakashi thought for a moment, then realised that he didn't.
"Just relax", the voice said.
"Your mind doesn't want to stay here – it will know the way, if you just let it go."

And Kakashi did.