TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Cat Power

It wasn't that Pakkun did not trust Kakashi – he did, without doubt – nor did he not believe him, when he told his ninken that there was no need for them to stick around while the moon was new. He did not enquire any further about Shikamaru's last words, because he knew his human well enough to know that he would not receive a proper explanation – not yet anyway, but he did not question them either. Because he had noticed the three weeks interval with which possessions occured himself, though – he had to admit – he had never given it much thought before.
It was for a different reason, that, while the rest of the pack welcomed their time off gratefully, he preferred to stay.
He watched Kakashi remove his hitai-ate and mask, watched him vanish into his bathroom.
He sat patiently in front of the closed door and waited, ignored the scolding look he received, once Kakashi returned. "You can go, too", Kakashi told him, but did not do anything to turn his suggestion into an order.
He sat down on the edge of his mattress, rested his arms on his knees and his head in his hands and closed his eyes.
"What was it that Neji wanted to talk about?", Pakkun casually asked.
Kakashi's eyes sprang open again, he slowly shook his head, then unfolded his arms and legs and crawled under the sheets.
Pakkun watched him curl up on himself, bury his nose deep in his pillow while his fingernails found their way to get stuck between his teeth.
"Alright", Pakkun grumbled "I'll leave you alone, if that's what you want."
The faintest movement; Pakkun hesitated, his round pug-eyes narrowed, jumped on the bed and gently dug his way under Kakashi's arm. He remained there, motionless, for some time. Only when he was absolutely sure that his presence wasn't quite as unwelcome as Kakashi had tried to make him believe, he lifted his head a little, let his nose brush against his human's face and, as he still did not perceive any sign of rejection, admitted himself to do, what was the most natural thing to do in means of comfort for him; That is, he started to lick Kakashi's chin.

For five uncommonly long seconds, Kakashi endured this gesture of kindness. Then he wrapped his hand around Pakkuns snout and pushed it away. He buried his face deeper in his pillow.
A hint of Sakura's scent was still left, somewhere. Smelling it, he realised a little confused, had an immensely calming effect. He wondered how this could be, how this worked, then cursed himself for having changed the sheets.
"If he hadn't seen me", he whispered, his voice muffled by the cushion "he wouldn't have known, that … he had fulfilled his purpose."
He heard Pakkun give a low growl, felt the dog's breath against his ear.
"You're such a reasonable person, most of the time", he said.
"Why not when it comes to blaming yourself?"
"Hn."
Kakashi turned to his side, propped himself up on his elbow and looked down at Pakkun, who returned his gaze with a stern expression. He undid the dogs hitai-ate, undid his vest and ruffled his fur, where the fabric had flattened it. Within no time, the sternness disappeared from Pakkun's features. He dropped to his back, subjecting his chest and belly to Kakashi's fingers, when Kakashi suddenly stopped.
He sniffed.
"You use the same shampoo as Sakura?", he sounded mildly shocked as he said it.
"Don't tell me you only just noticed?", Pakkun raised his ears in surprise.
Kakashi shrugged, looked away.
"I – just – she smelled familiar -", he stammered, then let his head sink back to the mattress, next to Pakkuns. He placed his hand over the dog's snout – just in case he should get any wrong ideas – and closed his eyes.