TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respecfully borrowed from: Depeche Mode

"You're sending me away?!" The exclamation had left Sakura's mouth before she could stop it and, likewise, left her baffled at her own display of disrespect.
"As I was going to say", Kakshi continued, as calm as ever, „I'll have you dispatched to Sunagakure, because", he paused for the effect, "they requested our assistance after an attempted assasination of the Kazekage. The assasin succeeded in poisoning Gaara, leaving him in critical condition, and sofar Sunagakure was not able to come up with an antidote. However..."
Sakura bit her lip.
"...if you don't want to go, I'm sure, they will respect your personal reasons."
"I'm sorry"
"We're still low on manpower so-"
For a second, and against better knowledge, Sakura found herself hoping he himself would accompany her.
"-I'll have Kiba accompany you."
Her face fell.
"Kiba... but isn't he -"
"You'll be fine"

How could he? Sakura thought while cramming her things into her backpack.
How could he act as if nothing had happened between them? Although, she pondered, technically nothing had happened between them. They had just sat there, until she fell asleep, her head still resting against his chest, and he had taken the opportunity to leave.
No, it was a good thing she was going, she decided, and even better, that she had to get going soon.

While rushing through the trees Sakura realised that the last year had claimed its price in stamina she now felt was lacking. She had kept training, albeit not as disciplined. Despite being short on time, she felt relieved when she noticed that Kiba too wasn't as quick and persistent as he had used to be, when he still had Akamaru.
"It's no use, we'll have to rest eventually...", Sakura sight when night had fallen and exhaustion forced them to stop. They had not come as far as planned, they had no choice though but to set camp, if they wanted to save their strength for the remaining journey.