TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Suzanne Vega

At first it fascinated Kakashi how easily, how quickly he had grown used to Sakura's presence. The fascination soon turned into irritation though. Because his bedroom wasn't more vacant, more quiet than it had been for the past year. Because his bed had not suddenly grown absurdly large – it was still the same size as it had always been. Designed to hold one person, and one person only.
He took one deep breath, tried to clear his mind.

Her smell still lingered.

Outside it was raining, a thick and cold shower poured down and washed away what was left of summer. The streets were empty, the taverns crowded, and for some time Kakashi watched – safely hidden in the dark – through the windows. He wondered if getting drunk would be the fittingly inappropriate thing to do now, then walked on.
He wasn't really surprised when he ended up in front of Sakura's apartment. Or rather, in front of the house in which Sakura's apartment was located. The water started to soak through his clothes, yet he stayed on the street, while his ninken huddled up in a doorway to seek shelter from the rain.
There was no rational reason that justified keeping Sakura here, Kakashi thought. He would have to entrust Neji or Sai with his life; He couldn't see himself giving Tenten this power over him, although he wasn't sure why. He would have to ask her to help Rin adjust, he thought. He had managed to stay sane on his one until now, he should be able to do so for a few more weeks.
Kakashi forced his eye away from Sakura's window, forced his feet to move back to his residence. He had not come far, when he heard a slurred voice calling his name.
Kakashi ignored it, signaled his ninken to do the same. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and continued his way home.
The voice called again.
"At least have the decency to face me!", it called.
Kakashi turned, hands still in his pocket.
"Maybe I would", he mused, while he watched Kiba swagger in his direction, "if you were still able to stand."
The second Kiba leaped forward, Kakashi had him by his collar, had his arm twisted sufficiently to render him immobile.
"I really don't want to hurt you", he informed him evenly.
At this Kiba laughed, snarled something that sounded vaguely like "You stole my girlfriend", then struggled in Kakashi's grasp in a very vain attempt to hit him, before he started to cry.
Kakashi let go of him, carefully, even tried to steady him a little as he slumped against the next wall.

He was halfway home, when he sent Bisuke back to make sure Kiba would be alright.
Back in his bedroom Kakashi climbed out of his drenched clothes. He shivered as he crawled into his bed, pulled the blanket up over his head. Immediately he was surrounded by Sakura's scent, intoxicatingly heavy.
He should have changed the sheets.
He would do definetly so. Tomorrow.