TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: The Smiths

Another one of those unspeakably short chapters.

The recovery of Madara's body caused a (stealthily quiet) uproar among those high ranking enough to be informed about it. Kumogakure's statement, the corpse's decomposition was too far advanced to even consider transportation, was generally (though mostly by those still skeptic of the Alliance) received as a lie. The shinobi of the cloud had not changed at all, they would say, and that this proofed their plan to strip the body of all worthwhile information before any medic from the other villages arrived to take their part in the legendary Uchiha's autopsy.
Kakashi refrained from telling them that, if Kumogakure wanted to keep any information the body offered to themselves, they already had had plenty of time to extract what ever they wanted, just stated the question why – if this was their plan – they would bother telling the other villages about Madara at all, and why they would invite foreign medics to partake in the autopsy.
Of course, it was agreed – while Kakashi's mind drifted to the uncomfortable question what Madara planned to do with him, if his physical form was apparently not trapped in limbo – Konoha would send Haruna Sakura.
At the mentioning of her name, Kakashi snapped back, noticed that everyone was staring at him, waiting for his approval. There was, he realised, no reason – no reason he could mention here – that would justify not sending their best medic. Today she had officially returned to the village, safe and sound, which also nullified the option of hiding her at his place for another week.
Kakashi inwardly cringed at the fact that he was so much as thinking about this option – though once he had done so he found it remarkably hard not to think any further about it.
"Ah – I'll talk to her", he stammered, and soon after that dismissed the group of jounin and advisors. There wasn't anything left to talk about anyway.

One of them took his time, trailed behind the others and waited till they had all left, before he closed the door from the inside again.
"You don't want to send her, Kakashi-sama?", Neji stated, once he was positive that there was no one left within earshot.
Kakashi did not reply. He felt a little annoyed that he was seen through so easily – even by Neji.
"It is understandable, considering that – should Madara attack through you with his whole power – she probably is the only one who could stop him.
"And it is also understandable", he added when Kakashi remained silent "that you would not want to entrust anyone else with – this."
There was no intention in this remark readable for Kakashi. It had not been too long since Neji had joined the ANBU and thus, to prove his absolute loyalty, placed his life in his Hokage's hand, yet he did not seem to find it qustianable that it was Sakura and would be Sakura only whom Kakashi allowed to hold this power over him.
"I suppose", Kakashi sighed after a long time of consideration "I don't have much of a choice, if I want to avoid too many – any further casualties."
To this Neji said nothing, just waited, patiently, for Kakashi to announce whom he would chose, but Kakashi remained silent. He was already bowing his good-bye, when a thought struck him.
"Kakashi-sama? This might be a rather silly idea, but", he paused, unsure whether he should speak out his thought at all, "if one of us was to double her-"
"He or she'd need to be at least close to Sakura's level as a medic", Kakashi cut him off.
"I'm sorry", Neji bobbed his head, "As I said, it was-"
"I really appreciate it", Kakashi gave him one half-moon smile, which wasn't half as faked as any one he had offered recently.