TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Peter Murphy.

When Tenten drew back Rin's blanket she, despite herself, let out a short squeal as her fingers came to touch something soft and wet and squishy.
"I'm sorry, Tenten-san", Katsuyu apologised. It crept from its hiding-place next to Rin up to her chest, where it froze, optical tentacles half withdrawn, sensory tentacles moving ever so slightly.
Tenten turned to Neji, who stood beside her.
"I didn't know Sakura could do this", she whispered, but he was too busy scanning their surroundings to reply.
"Sai's ready", he said instead of an answer, then looked – his Byakugan still activated – at Katsuyu, who gave the slug-equivalent of a nod (that is, bowing all four of its tentacles).
"You've got about five minutes", it said and a soft green light started to emit from its body. Tenten reached for the switch to turn off the machines plugged into Rin, while Neji opened the window where, just as he did so, an unreal black-and-white stretcher was let down from the roof.
They had the easy part, Tenten thought to herself, as she and Neji removed all cables from Rin's body and heaved her out of the window and on to Sai's stretcher.
They followed, as the unconscious girl was lifted up to the roof, outside, mounted one of the two flying beasts Sai had drawn to life, thoughtfully provided with black underbellies, to make them invisible against the black night-sky.

* * *

"They are ready", Katsuyu announced, and Sakura felt her knees trembling and her hands getting sweaty.
In theory Tsunade-Sama had explained the technique to her, and in theory Sakura had found it quite easy to understand. Because in theory, Sakura knew, she was quite, if not extraordinarily, good at understanding things. The problem was, had always been, to translate such theoretical knowledge to its practical use, and while Sakura no longer allowed her self doubt to suggest that this shortcoming might render her unfit for the life of a kunoichi, in this instant it made her feel squeamishly nervous.
"You'll be fine", the slug sitting on her shoulder whispered in its soft voice, yet Sakura turned to Kakashi – she wasn't sure what she expected or wanted him to say, some words of confirmation maybe, but he just stared at her with a curious expression of unfazed astonishment.
"Anything I can do to help?", he eventually asked.
Sakura thought for a moment. She had set up everything to take care of Rin, once she safely arrived at the Hokage's Residence, and even though she knew that if he was to back her up she might be able to remotely stabilise the girl for a few additional minutes, she shook her head.
"You just stay yourself, while we do this", she said. For a fleeting moment something flickered in his eyes – it had been he himself who had insisted that he wouldn't be a part of this, the risk of Madara taking possession of him posed too much of a threat, yet he couldn't stand to just idly sit by. Sakura understood this, still she continued to gently shove him out of the room.
"It'll be fine", she reassured him, masking her own uncertainty.
Kakashi looked at her, and for a split second she felt the urge to just hold him, for a split second she thought he might break down there and then; He didn't, of course. Instead he let his eye take on its impossibly optimistic crescent form, raised one invisible wall of aloof unconcern that canceled out all of Sakura's affection, placed his hand on her slug-free shoulder and nodded a few times.
"I'm sure it will", he said, then left her alone. Once the door had closed behind him, Katsuyu turned its eyes to Sakura.
"You could have asked him to support you", the slug politely pointed out.
"No", Sakura shook her head.
"I've never done this before", she said "If I screw up, I want it to be my fault and my fault alone."