TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Moloko

Sakura's first instinct was to seek out Ino and tell her – not everything, obviously, but most of it. The problem was, she couldn't come up with any reasonable excuse for her staying with Kakashi. Even if she let Ino in about Madara – there was no way she could tell her what had happened last night.
She should just go back to the office, do her work, but the pure thought of Kakashi's unconcerned face, or general appearance, made her want to put a hole in the next wall.
In the end and after a long, hot shower, she went to the hospital's archive. After all there was still research that needed to be done.

She might as well have asked the librarian for instructions on Tensei Ninjutsu, judging by the look the elder woman gave her.
"There is no such thing as Chakra-Assimilation", she said, shook her head and peered at the young kunoichi over the rim of her glasses. This was supposed to be Tsunade-sama's praised student, she thought, the girl of whom was said that she might even surpass the Godaime? How could she not be aware of the most basic rule of medical jutsu?
"I know", Sakura gave the librarian an impatient smile.
"But at some point someone must have researched this, right? Or else we wouldn't know that it's impossible."
The librarian took off her glasses and rubbed them against her sleeve. She had never thought about it this way. To her it had always been an unquestionable truth that no one could assimilate chakra. It was the reason why chakra-depletion couldn't be helped by anything but the patient's own regenerative power; you couldn't transplant chakra. You could invade someone elses body or mind with it, could manipulate theirs – but you couldn't turn your own chakra into someone else's.
"Well, there are documents on Chakra Absorption Techniques..."
"Anything!", Sakura bellowed. She immediatly felt bad for letting her mood out on the poor librarian, but really – why had this woman to be so stubborn?
She watched over the counter as the librarian let the computer search the database, watched three reference numbers showing up on the display, and waited as patiently as her current mood admitted, while the librarian went to get the documents.
She came back with two files. The first concerened the theory behind Chakra Absorption, the second documented one futile attempt to develope a technique of Chakra Transplantation.
"What about the third file?", Sakura asked when the librarian handed her the clipboard to sign for checking out these documents.
"That's classified", the elder woman answered shortly. Sakura looked at her, eye twitching.
"I'll need to see the Hokage's written permit then", the woman said with the smile of one who had little power but enjoyed using it, if offered a chance.
"You know who I am, right?", Sakura hissed.
"I don't care if you are his assistant, Sakura-san", the librarian replied with professional politeness "You could be his daughter, or his girlfriend for all I care – I'll need to see a written permit here."

On her way out, Sakura stopped. While she was here she should check on Rin again, she thought. If the girl was found fit for interrogation, regardless of her state of conciousness, it would raise too many questions. As she walked down the corridor, she was met by the nurse who had shown her to Rin's room when she first came here.
"Sakura-sama", the girl bowed her head.
Sakura's cheeks turned the same pink as her hair as she nodded her head in reply.
"I'm sorry", the girl quickly added, blushing herself. She fumbled with the buttons of her white coat.
"I j-just went to check on", she gestured towards Rin's room.
"I d-don't know how, b-but she – she greatly improved s-since yesterday. Sh-she might even w-wake up within the next – next d-days."
Sakura's eyes widened, but luckily the girl was too busy staring at Sakura's shoes to notice.