TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title somewhat randomly, but with all due respect, borrowed from: Depeche Mode

"Sorry I'm late, I-"
Sakura stopped midsentence. She did a doubletake, before she was certain that her eyes were not lying, then asked with little to no respect at all:
"What are they doing here?"
It wasn't that she had anything against company, it was just that she had expected Kakashi to be on his own. She had been eager, if a little anxious, to tell him about her new formed theory, to show him what she had found out about the mystery-girl, but she couldn't do so with Neji, Sai and Tenten around.
"Well, we found out about your – er – your problem, so Kakashi decided to let us in on your plan", Tenten replied, and gestured towards the chair next to her. Sakura reluctantly sat down, and wondered what kind of plan Tenten was talking about. So far, all they had come up with was the certainty that they had to come up with some kind of plan. Before she could say anyhting though, Sai casually had asked her how Kiba was.
"Fine...", Sakura gave him a puzzled look. "Why?"
"It is said to be polite to show some interest in the well-being of a friend's partner", he replied with a smile, but did not get a chance to deepen his display of interest, as Kakashi politely suggested to save the small-talk for later.

Kakashi had already filled them in on what had happened since Yugao's disappearance when Sakura arrived, and so he asked her to continue with explaining the theories they had come to so far.
"Uhm", Sakura hesitated, then drew one crumbled piece of paper from her pouch, peered at it – just to make sure that she did not by chance get the wrong one – and placed the drawing on the table. She explained the two round bubbles to be the realm of the living and the dead, the one squashed between them the interdimension Naruto and Madara were trapped in, then continued to define how she assumed Madara tried to establish a hole in these walls, by having someone die at a softspot as the cave happened to be.
"What about the other arrow?", Tenten asked after she had pondered on it for a while.
"Well", Sakura cautiously peered at Kakashi, but what ever he was thinking or feeling, he kept it to himself.
"I figured, the walls that seperate the realms of the dead and the living are made to break in one direction, to let the dead pass over. Those holes should close naturally", she paused.
"But, if Madara somehow managed to send someone through such a hole in the other direction-"
"You mean", Tenten interrupted her "bring someone dead back to life?"
Sakura nodded.
"If he was to send someone back to the living world, the hole made by the deceased passing over wouldn't close that easy again."
"Like, when you stab someone and pulling out the blade will cause additional damage?", Tenten asked.
Sakura nodded, her eyes still fixed on Kakashi.
"But", Neji threw in "no one came back from the dead yet."
Again Sakura hesitated before she produced the second sheet of paper, kept it in her hands.
"Shortly after Yugao's disappearance two shinobi discovered the unconcious body of a young kunoichi, during their patrol", she said slowly "Her identity could not be revealed, and her DNA did not match that of anyone in our database."
Sakura waited for one of the others to point out that this was not at all proof that the girl had come from the dead, but they all just looked at her expectantly.
"That is, her DNA did not match that of anyone alive. I run a second check, comparing it with the DNA of the deceased as well... and this is what I found."
One last time she looked at Kakashi, looked for even the slightest sign of any kind of emotional reaction. There was none, so she finally lay the printout, by now even more crumbled than it had originally been, open for everyone to see.