TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Take That!
Also: God bless the simplicity of fictional science!
Lastly: YES - you can do origmai-slugs (google it!).

"Weren't you supposed to have the day off?", Kiba murmurmed as Sakura's alarmclock went off.
Sakura reached out to stop the ringing, then turned over and gave him a kiss on his nose.
"Sorry", she whispered, slipped out of his arms and into her bathroom.
Half an hour later she arrived at the hospital, followed a young nurse down the corridors to the mysterious girl's room.
"Here we are", she said and smiled at Sakura nervously from behind her glasses.
"C-can I say", the nurse stammered – she was little more than fourteen, Sakura noted, "It's an honour to meet you."
"Thank you", Sakura nodded politely, wondering why on earth anyone would feel honoured to meet her.
"That's all. I'll call you if I need anything", she added, unsure what else to say. It was only when the nurse blushed, bowed her head and left, that Sakura thought she might have sounded a tat arrogant.

Seeing the girl for real she seemed less familiar. Sakura checked the her medical file and was satisfied to find that she would, with no problmens at all, be able to state her unfit for interrogation for at least one more week. She was about to leave, when a thought occured to her. She checked that no-one was coming her way, then took a sample of the girls blood, and – sample tucked away in her pocket – made her way for the laboratory.
She was lucky to find the lab empty, made once again sure that she had not been followed – she couldn't say where this sudden paranoia came from – and let the computer scan the girl's blood sample. She had no doubt that this had already been done, and was not at all surprised to find that the DNA did not match with any person alive.
"Right", Sakura gave the monitore a challenging grin "Now what if I change the paramters?"
She did, watched as the computer ran through its database again. It took him much longer this time, long enough for Sakura to build a whole army of origami-slugs. When there were no scraps of paper left for her to use, the computer was still computing. Sakura looked at the clock hanging on the wall. She was supposed to meet with Kakashi in about fifteen minutes. She considered leaving the computer alone, as she suspected the task she had given him would take up the better part of the day, if not longer, but she didn't want to risk anyone stumbling upon the information it might reveale in the end.
At least she should try and make use of the time, she thought, took one of the bigger slugs she had folded earlier, carefully unfolded it and picked up a pen.
The dimension Madara and Naruto were trapped in probably was seated between the realm of the living and the dead, she and Kakashi had concluded. By killing someone in a place where the walls between those realms were naturally thin, Madara was trying to open a door, which would allow him to permanently return.
Sakura scribbled two round bubbles with another one squashed between them, then drew an arrow leading from the right bubble to the left and through the one in the middle, added a few lines to indicate the direction in which the walls would break as the deceased passed over to the afterlife.
This was natural, she thought, everytime someone died the walls between dimensions had to open in this direction, and inevitably would fall back in place shortly afterwards.
"But", she said to herself, scribbled down another arrow, pointing from the left bubble to the right one "if someone was to pass through this hole in the other direction before it closes, the walls could get damaged in the process"
However, if Madara was actually able to send someone from the realm of the dead to that of the living – actually resurrect them and not in an impure sort of way – then why couldn't he do the same with himself?
Sakura glanced at the computer, which was still calculating. She probably should get a message to Kakashi that she wouldn't show up for a while, she thought, when a sudden „pling" noted the successfull end of the enquiery.
More excited than she would admit, Sakura looked at the database-entry that had popped up on the monitore, scanned it briefly, before she unfolded another slug and ordered the printer to make use of the paper.