TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Florence and the Machine

Kakashi was fully aware that he was taking advantage of Sakura's drunken state, even if he did so solely by not offering any resistance. He knew he should not have allowed her to get this close, should not have allowed her to clumsily pull down his mask, to push through another line of defence. Yet he could not bring himself to stop her, to push her away. He could feel her body brush against his as she rose to her tiptoes, and for a brief moment he was willing to accept that, in the end, his will was bound to succumb to his desires anyway, before he forced himself to pull back.
"Kakashi", Sakura breathed, her face inches from his, her eyes half closed, a smile on her parted lips that was enough to make him forget reason.
"I know what I want, and I know what I'm doing."
And before he had a chance to argue that he most certainly doubted that she knew either, she had silenced him with one fierce, maybe even a little aggressive, drunken kiss.
There was no reason to keep fighting, when the battle was already lost.

They stumbled into the next wall, Sakura could feel him pressing hard against her, while his hands gently, almost shyly, finally came to touch her.
Had Sakura not been so busy kissing and letting her own (less timid) hands wander, she would have found this quite amusing, and somewhere in the back of her head she came to the conclusion that in real life bad-assery did not necessarily go hand in hand with womanizing. It wasn't that Kakashi was totally awkward. It was just that he seemed to go about making out the same way he went about combat, and so far had not passed the stage of observing her.
Sakura leant back a little, her nose gently brushing against his. She opened her eyes – immediatly caught his.
"Stop analysing me", she laughed, but quickly changed her grin to a genuine smile when she noticed the faint expression of insecurity on his face.
She bent forward to bring their lips together again, but Kakashi turned his head and instead looked past her, over her shoulder – where his ninken excellently failed at pretending to not be interested in what their human was up to.
"Don't move", he whispered in Sakura's ear.
Sakura nodded, she rested her head against his shoulder, closed her eyes once more. She felt his left hand flat between her shoulderblades, felt the cold wind breathing, and for the first time noticed that she was not at all dressed for this weather. And then, without any warning, the cold and the wind disappeared.

They were standing in his bedroom, Sakura realised as Kakashi carefully let go of her and walked over to the window. He took the photograph of his former team and placed it face down on the windowsill. After a second of consideration he did the same with the pictured showing Team Seven.
"Could you open the window?", Sakura asked in a feeble voice.
The sudden change in temperature had hit her with the force of an anvil dropped from the fifth floor. She squeezed her eyes shut, willing the world around her to stop spinning, with little success.
The second she felt Kakashi's presence near her, she let herself fall. He caught her. He always did.
"Are you alright?"
Sakura shook her head.
"Are you going to throw up?", there was a hint of panic in his voice, which made it all the more loveable Sakura thought. She shook her head again, pealed herself out of his arms and stumbled to his bed, where she lay flat on her stomach, face burried in his pillow.
She felt the mattress sway, like a raft lost at sea, and a light breeze coming from the open window brushing over her bare legs. From the corner of her eyes and in the pale light of the moon she saw Kakashi leaving through the third door in his bedroom. One, she knew lead out to the hallway, the second to his – considering Kakashi's wardrobe quite useless – dressing room, the third – Sakura wasn't sure. She concluded that it had to be a bathroom, as Kakashi returned some time later, dressed in something that supposedly was meant to be pyjamas (though, it being all black, it hardly differt from his usual clothes), and with his hair wet.
"You know", Sakura whispered, as he crawled under his blanket next to her "You shouldn't go to bed with wet hair. It'll get all-", she stopped.
"All what?" "Never mind", Sakura smiled, then curled up in his arms.