TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Bat for Lashes

By the time Sakura was done recounting the night's events, the sun had fully risen over the horizon, and the streets of Konohagakure slowly came back to life. Kakashi stood with his back to her, his eye fixed on the rain still pouring outside. He could hear Sakura crying, could hear her unsurpressed sobs and whimpers. Like she was doing it on purpose.
"It was him!", she repeated. Her voice sounded like that of a child.
"You weren't there! It.. it...", more sobbing "felt like Naruto."
Kakashi kept looking at the village, teeth clenched. Part of him hated Sakura for crying like this, another part of him hated her crying, and one last part hated himself. For making her cry, but also, because he couldn't bring himself to leave her alone, to allow her to calm down. There obviously was no point discussing what had happened with her right now.
"Don't you think I'd recognise my – my best friend!"
And then: "If you're going to ignore me, why don't you just leave me alone?", a crash signaled Sakura's fist had at last hit something, be it the floor or the wall.
Kakashi turned. The floor infront of Sakura's bed now sported a hole, as if someone had dropped a canonball there, while Sakura herself had curled up on her matress, arms covering her head, knees tucked up to her chin. She still cried - though quietly. It was nothing but the her shoulder's shaking that gave her away.
Looking at her like this was worse than hearing her cry, and for a second Kakashi forgot to be angry at her naivity, wanted nothing more than to tell her that everything was going to be alright. But he couldn't.
He knelt down next to her and placed one hand on her shoulder, or rather, would have placed it there had Sakura not shrugged it off, in the most aggressive way one can shrug, and hissed at him to not touch her.
"Even if it truely was Naruto", he expressed carefully "and I am willing to believe that it was-"
Out of the corner of his eye Kakashi saw Sakura relax a little, saw her arms move, so that they no longer covered her ears.
"You know it was Madara who sent him here."
Sakura didn't say anything, she just stared at the wall and away from Kakashi. Of course she knew. Knowing that Naruto was trapped in the same intredimesion as Madara was the one and only thing that would keep her from attempting to seal any connection to said dimension off. It was the one and only thing that could tempt her to actually try and open a door to another dimension herself. It had been exactly this knowledge that had kept her from telling Kakashi in the first place. She had wanted to keep her hope as untainted as her self-delusion would allow, if only for one day, had not wanted the preciousness of the night to be spoiled by Kakashi pointing out that it was a trap so soon. She had not wanted to stare at the dilemma that now faced her. Faced them, she reminded herself, but found little comfort in this.
She rolled to her back and looked at Kakashi, her vision still blurry from tears.
"So, what are we going to do?", she breathed. She did not want to hear his answer.
Kakashi remained silent for a while, then hmmed, removed his forehadprotector and lay down next to her, carefully pulling the blanket up from underneath their bodies.
"First", he said „we should try and get some sleep."

He had expected them both to be far too exhausted, far too overwhelmed by recent developements to even notice that they were sharing bed and blanket, and maybe Sakura was, or maybe she did not give this setting too much importance anyway. It didn't take long and she was fast asleep.
Kakashi, on the other hand, lay awake long enough to watch the clock's little hand wander from six to seven, to eight, quite unsure what to do with his own two hands, and barely able to keep his breath steady when Sakura in her sleep rolled over and, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, cuddled up against him.