TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Stephen Geyer (who apparently wrote the lyrics)

Sakura exchanged anxious looks with the three ninken, who cautiously came closer, sniffing Kakashi, as if – should he not wake up as himself – his smell would give him away. They knew it wouldn't, Pakkun had told them, but instinct demanded to examine any change of circumstances with their noses first.
Maybe he only had passed out, Sakura thought, in which case she shouldn't get away from him, but rather see if there was anything she could do to help. However, if he was not Kakashi right now, she really shouldn't be here at all, but rather somewhere out of sight, where she could come up with a plan.
It was the medic inside her, who made the decission, who made her stay where she was – kneeling infront of Kakashi, made her feel for his pulse, which was calm and steady. It was the medic, who raised her fingers to his face, when suddenly his hand caught hold of her wrist, and his visible eye sprung open.

Sakura let out a shriek, she wanted to back away, but she felt positively paralysed with fear.
Kakashi blinked at her, the expression of dire confusion in his eye. Not, however, Kakashi's own confusion, which never so much tried to communicate „I am confused!", but only showed if the present situation was far too confusing to not let it, albeit unintentionally, show.
The confusion in his eye right now was bright and showing and very communicative – it was pretty much screaming "Where am I and what is going on?", at Sakura. It also looked very familiar to her, despite being completely and utterly out of place in Kakashi's masked face.
"Sakura-chan?", Kakashi blinked again, while his hand let go of her and instead wandered up to casually push back his forehead-protector, as if it was not at all on purpose covering half his face, but had just slipped down.
The second Sakura was free she jumped back, stood, her back pressed against the wood panneled wall, and stared as Kakashi slowly, and unsteadily, rose to his feet. He opened his eyes and looked at her.
"Woah!", he exclaimed (and Sakura noted that this expression sounded awfully wrong coming from Kakashi's mouth), and immediatly shut his eyes again.
He testingly opened his left eye, the Sharingan showing for a second, before he closed it again, opened his right eye, and with this looked at Sakura intently.
"Sakura-chan?", he repeated.
"Your not Kakashi!", Sakura screamed, her voice high pitched with panic. Not the best line to confront one's possible nemesis. But Kakashi just gave a nervous laugh.
"Heh, of course I'm not Kakashi-sensei, what are you...", his voice slowed down a little.
"Hey - weren't you taller?"
And then a penny seemed to drop. Though it dropped very slowly, as if dropped into thick oil, or gelantine.
Kakashi's hand rose to his face, his fingers tracing the rim of his mask, stopped at his left eye's scare, traced it up to his eyebrow.
He looked down at his own body, his own hands, felt his mask again, and lastly grasped one strand of grey hair, pulled it infront of his face and examined it carefully.
"I'm Kakashi-sensei!", Kakashi (who obviously was not Kakashi) exlaimed, and before neither Sakura nore the three ninken had gotten past their mutual confusion (they all had imagined Madara to behave somewhat differently), stormed off to the next window which – due to the darkness outside – served very well as a mirror.
Kakashi looked at his reflection and then, without the slightest bit of reluctance or respect, pulled down his mask.
"Uhm...", Sakura watched helplessly, as Kakashi-who-wasn't-Kakashi studied his unmasked face from each and every possilbe angle.
"Really, why does he wear this thing? There's nothing worth hiding! There's nothing that's even a tiny bit remarkable, dattebayo!"
"Na..."
Kakashi-who-wasn't-Kakashi turned, his foreheadprotector pulled back down to cover the Sharingan, his mask still in folds under his chin.
"Right", he grinned apologetically and scratched the back of his head "you wouldn't know that it's me."

Chapter end notes:

Now... if you have come this far, you probably have noticed that I am not generally prone to that certain dash of comedy.
The truth is, I usually avoid writing comic scenes, because they scare me to death! Even though I know they are quite fun to write (as was this little chapter). I'm never sure, if they actually work...
I hope I didn't scare anyone away with this.

...I can't even begin to name all the things that are wrong with having Naruto inside Kakashi's body......
Uhm... A...nyway. Please let me know what you think! I'd very much appreciate it.