TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Ani Difranco

One uneventfull month passed. No headaches, no memory gaps, and while security within Konohagakure was tightened, while the ANBU were still busy trying to solve the mystery of Yugao's disappearance, Sakura resigned from her work at hospital and once again served as the Hokage's personal assistant. There was no need to justify this. It had been shorty after she had returned her duties as a medic that things within the Hokage's office had gotten chaotic.
Explaining why Kakashi suddenly insisted to keep at least four of his ninken around at all times was another matter, but here Yugao's disappearance as well as the failed assasination of the Kazekage provided the necessary reason. For, as long as it remained unclear who was behind either attack, it was no surprise that Kakashi prefered to have his own guards, whom he could trust without doubt.

It was late in the evening. All of today's missions had been assigned, all client's requests filed and ranked. Sakura was browsing through the last stack of mission-reports concerning the Yugoa-Mystery's investigation.
"Not long, and they'll make some finds up", she sighed after she had finished reading the third report of missing traces and non-existent leads.
"Can't you just call the investigation off?"
Sakura shut the file and looked up at Kakashi, who sat slouched over his desk, his head nested between his crossed arms, and appeared to be very much asleep.
Sakura couldn't help but feel annoyed by this. Even if averting Yugao's disappearance from causing any national or international conflict took up most of his days, Sakura didn't see why he had to spent every single night trying to break the encryption of the message he had left for himself. Every second night would bring the exact same result – that is, none at all.
She exchanged a short look with Pakkun, which assured her that the pug was of the exact same oppinion, then walked over to Kakashi and very catiously – the last time she had tried to wake him he almost broke her arm (infact, he did, but Sakura managed to heal herself before he had fully woken) – placed one hand on his shoulder.
"Kaka-sensei?"
A faint shrug.
Sakura held her breath. Tsunade-sama had at least had posessed the decency, however hung over she was, not to attack the one who woke her; Or at least her attacks had been more predictable and lacked the killing-intention.
"Hey, it's pretty late. I think we should leave."
Kakashi raised his head ever so slightly and looked at Sakura with one half closed eye. His left hand wandered up to his right shoulder, where Sakura's own hand was still resting, and took hold of her wrist, while he mumbled something and then hid his face once more between his arms, pulling Sakura's hand down with him, until it was awkwardly stuck between his right shoulder and his head.
Sakura was still trying to pull free, carefull not to unintentionally trigger any leathal reflexes, when she saw Pakkun's small form vanish beneath the desk.

Kakashi awoke with a start; the second he let go of her wrist Sakura backed away, but Kakashi just looked around disorientated, tilted his head to see under his desk – where no dog was to be seen – then turned to Sakura, who stood with her back pressed against the window.
"Why's it dark already?", he noted.
"It usually is at half past ten", Sakura replied, her voice as polite and neutral as she found sufficient for the given situation.
"And why didn't you wake me earlier?"
Sakura considered to explain why waking him, once he had surpassed the second stage of sleep, was really nothing she'd do if it could be avoided, but then decided otherwise.
"You looked like you needed some sleep", she said.
"Hm", made Kakashi. He was already by the door.
"Where's Pakkun?", he then asked, and this time Sakura could not but retort that Pakkun probably had disappeared in order to avoid being kicked to death.

Infront of the Academy's gate Kakashi stopped and looked around.
"Doesn't your boyfriend usually wait here?", he asked.
"Since when did you care about my personal life?", Sakura snapped, then quickly added a half mumbled apology.
"He went out camping with Hana...", she explained.
"Hm", Kakashi shrugged, "I'll see you tomorrow", and he turned to leave. Sakura hesitated for a second, then hurried after him.
"We need to talk", she said, once she was again walking by his side. She waited for Kakashi to tell her, that he did not see what for, or to just ask her to talk about it here on the street, but of course he did not, of course he immediatly understood what it was that Sakura wanted to discuss, which made her all the more angry. If he knew that she was not happy with the way they, or rather he, handled the situation at hand, then why didn't he just change something about it?