TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: The Sisters of Mercy

After a good hour of walking through the forest surrounding Konoha they finally reached the small cave Pakkun had discovered earlier this morning.
"Still no memories?", he asked.
Kakashi shook his head. He did have an odd feeling, like when your not sure if you turned off the gas before leaving the house, but no actual memories. There was also the sensation of being watched. Not the being-watched feeling you get when you actually are being watched, but the one you used to have as a child, when you just knew that inside the cupboard there were all sorts of evil spirits lurking. But most prominently of all there was the smell of dried blood clearly emitting from the cave's entrance.
Pakkun was already half inside, when he noticed that Kakashi was no longer following him. He stopped and turned to see Kakashi standing still, slightly forward bent, his hands covering his face.
"You're okay?", the dog asked.
"Ye-s", Kakashi replied through gritted teeth. "I'm.. I'm fine. You go ahead, I'll be with you in a second"
"You sure?"
There was a reasuring nod. Pakkun flapped his ears, as the dog-equivalent of shrugging, and trotted on.

The cave had not changed since this morning. Piles of rubble were still scattered across the floor, where the stonewalls had recently taken damage, bloodstains and the scarce remains of Yugao's body still covered the ground, and the scents were still overwhelming enough to have Pakkun feel uncomfortable.
"Migraines, eh?", he said when he finally heard Kakashi's footsteps entering the cave.
"Hm?", Kakashi blinked, then nodded. He strode over to where Pakkun was, right in the centre of the almost perfectly circular room. The dog was scratching the dried blood beneath his paws, then looked up at his master, brows furrowed (although, admittedly it was hard to tell, as pugs usually look somewhat furrowed around their brows).
"What do you make of this", he pointed one foot at the marks he had just uncover, edged in the stonefloor.
"Looks like a summoning circle", Pakkun suggested as there was no answer, but Kakashi did not seem to be interested. His one visible eye was focused on Pakkun, as if he was sizing him up.
"Shame", he sighed "you won't be half as good as a human. Still, better than nothing at all."
Before Pakkun had the slightest idea of what was going on, Kakashi had grapped him firmly, one hand around his throat, the other covering the dog's snout, forcing it shut.
"Tell me, did Kakashi ever wonder why I left him alive, when I had every chance to kill him?", Kakashi asked.
Pakkun struggled in his hands, but managed nothing more than a muffled growl.
"I'll tell you why", Kakashi's eye took a crescent, smiley form "He's my come-back ticket!"
Again, Pakkun could do nothing but growl as he tried to somehow losen the firm grip Kakashi had on his jaws. He did not fully understand what had happened, but he fully understood that he had to get out of here and at best someones attention as well, while he was at it. He wondered if his master finally had snapped, an idea which did not seem too far fetched, although he always had expected Kakashi to snap in a slightly different direction.
"You see, this cave is special - another secret that was lost... No one cares much about it, because most people get all panicky once they get too close. You know why that is?"
The dog growled.
"It's a softspot, where borders between worlds are thinner than usual. You can almost hear them", he made a shushing noise, and for a brief second just sat and listened.
"Unfortunately I am trapped in a world with rather thick walls", he continued "but, luckily I found a way to soften them."
Kakashi shook his head. He looked sympathetically at the still struggling and growling dog in his hands.
"I'd better go on and kill you, before I have bored you to death."