TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Title respectfully borrowed from: Björk

It had been six days since Sakura had sent her request to Konoha, and still there was no reply. By now she was beginning to feel a bit concerned.
"Makes sense, though", Kiba suggest, when she mentioned it. He gently pulled her back to the bed she had just been about to leave.
"You looked after his paperwork all last year. With you gone it's probably piling up"
Sakura gave a half-laugh, and let herself fall back into Kiba's arms.
"As if", she shook her head, then closed her eyes and forced herself to forget about the Hokage, as Kiba's teeth teasingly made their way up her neck.
"We ha-", she began to say but lost her voice when he began nibbling her ear. His hand slowly made its way down the frontside of her body.
"-ve to", she tried again, then gave up talking alltogether.

There was a knock at the door, and while Kiba seemed pretty intent to ignore it Sakura, although reluctantly, wound her way out of his arms and out of his hand, climbed out of her bed and with a deep breath tried to regain as much composure as she could, before she made her way to the door and opened it just enough, as not to allow her visitor to gain sight of her bed.
"I didn't know you were still in bed", Kankuro greeted her, while his eyes, moving mostly on their own account, wandered from Sakura's ruffled hair, to the oversized T-Shirt and came to a momentary halt at her bare legs, before he willed them to concentrate on her face instead.
Sakura apologised for oversleeping, and told him she'd be at the lab in no time.
"Not the lab", Kankuro corrected her "There's been another victim. Seems our poison-mixer isn't that clever, or he'd use something different by now."
"So the victim...?"
"He's alright. Thanks to you. I thought you'd want to talk to him. Oh, and by the way", he added when he had already turned to leave "You haven't seen Kiba, have you?", but he did not wait for her answer.

"You think he saw you?", Sakura asked, as soon as she had closed the door behind her, then stopped and stared at Kiba.
"You're licking your hand", she stated, too surprised to be shocked.
"Y-es?", he looked up at her quizzically.
"Why shouldn't I?"
"Because you just... you were..., I mean... that's grossl", Sakura stammered, collected her clothes and went for the bathroom, leaving Kiba with a somewhat hurt expression on his face.
When she returned, all clean and dressed, he was gone.

She made her way to the infirmary, feeling both irritated and sorry, couldn't brush those feelings away, even when she was sitting next to the victims bed and questioned him about what he remembered from before passing out. He was a regular chuunin, and introduced himself as Nejiri.
"I remember you", he said and pointed one finger at Sakura's hair. "You sat next to me, during the chuunin-exam that year."
Sakura nodded and smiled, even though she had not the faintest idea who he was, then changed the subject. As the posion used most likely worked on contact, anything he had touched before its effect set in could be a clue.
"... I don't know", Nejiri thought out loud „I didn't really do much... I just got up, took a shower and-"
"That's it!", Sakura cut him off, jumped to her feet triumphantly and – right on cue – collapsed, landing face first on Nejiri's legs.

As the antidote was administered before the poison had had any chance to spread from the deeper layers of skin into the bloodstream, it didn't take long before Sakura came around. She opened her eyes to find Kiba sitting next to her. To her great relieve he was smiling, though the smile soon turned to a smirk.
"See", he said „I would have licked you clean, head to toe, but-"
Sakura grimaced. "I'm sorry, I just..."
"Sprry", Kiba grinned "that last line sounded weird, even in my ears."
They just looked each other in the eyes for some time, before Sakura brought herself in a sitting position.
"Hm...", she made "I guess, I'll just have to get used to your more... uhm... animalistic traits, if I... If we... I mean...", she felt the blood rush to her cheeks, and quickly looked away.
"If we?", Kiba raised one eyebrow, and for a second Sakura wished him to answer that question. He didn't.
So Sakura continiued: "I mean, if this here", she gestured with her finger toward them both, "isn't just because we're out here, and there's no one else available."
She innerly cursed herself. Why would she say something like that? Why did she have to -
Her thoughts ended there, when Kiba leant foreward, pinned her down to her bed with both his hands and dragged his tongue once across her cheek, before placing a small, but honest kiss on her lips.

Chapter end notes:

And here ends a not-very-thought-out sub-plot. I'm deffintly going to change this, if I ever take the time to rewrite this story