TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Aftermath: The Last Ones Standing by nerocorleone

[Reviews - 115]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

I'm sorry for the delay. I had thought rewriting the bits of this chapter I wasn't happy with would take more time, thus avoided doing so. Turns out, it wasn't that hard... that said:
Title respectfully borrowed from: Poe (the singer, not the author, though it wouldn't surprise me if he used this title as well)

"I swear, if you don't stop moving, I'm going to cut it off!"
Shikamaru turned his head to give Ino an unimpressed look.
"You wouldn't", he said, the statement being more of a question, then reached up and pushed her hands, that were busy trying to disentangle a black knot of hair, away.
"Seriously", Ino sighed, while watching him easily remove the comb from its nest, after which he continued to brush his hair, all need of her help forgotten, "If didn't know any better, I'd say you're just putting on an act, because it's so very convenient to have me clean up after you."
On top of covering for Sakura in the emergency-room, Ino had just spent several hours in the head-medic's office debating who would have to come up for the costs of renovating the room Shikamaru had deliberately redocrated, and in the end lost the argument. She knew that it wasn't fair to let her frustration out on him, but right now she couldn't care less.
"I'm sorry", he mumbled, once he was finished with his hair, and curled up next to where Ino was sitting on his bed, placing his head on her lap. With his hair open falling around his face he looked more like an eight year old girl than the eighteen year old boy he was, Ino thought.
"I have to go home now", she explained „and get some sleep. And so should you."
Shikamaru nodded, obediently, and with Ino's watchfull eyes over him, crawled under his blanket.
"And promise me you won't do anything stupid again, yes?"
"I promise...", he replied and than, with an annoyance showing in his voice that almost made him sound like his old self added "You don't have to talk to me like I'm a little child, you know?"

When Ino returned to the hospital the next day and went to check on Shikamaru he was gone. Or so it seemed. After a brief moment of panic Ino remembered the last time Shikamaru had disappeared and indeed found him, again, cowering in the corner of his wardrobe, his legs tugged tight to his chest, his face burried between his knees.
"There you are", she said trying to sound as little belittling as possible.
"You had me worried for a second."
Shikamaru looked up, wide eyed, and absolutely unwilling to leave his hiding-place.
"He's coming", he whispered.
"Who is?", Ino sighed, and, after yet a few failed attempts to get Shikamaru out of the wardrobe, climbed inside the cabinet as well, crouching infront from him.
"One was taken", Shikamaru continued, counting along with his fingers, "one is dropped."
"What are you talking about?"
„But takes more then one. On each side", he tried to explain and held up both his hands, palms facing towards each other, in an attempt to illustrate the matter.
"You're not making any sense..."
"He's waiting in the inbetween, where they cross and -"
"Shikamaru! Stop it, you're freaking me out!", Ino cut him off. She grapped his wrists firmly and pulled him back into the room. There he stood and stared at the hands, that were still holding him, as if he might run off the second they let go. His eyes followed the arms that were attached to those hands and led to a person, which, after a consinderable time of consideration, he decided was most likely and truely Yamanaka Ino, who looked mildly annoyed.
"It must be awfully troublesome to look after me", he contemplated and watched, his lips pressed together and brows forrowed in an expression of critical observation, as Ino's face changed, watched how it lost its strict, wilfully adult composure and seemed to melt, with tears running down her cheeks, leaving mascara-black trails behind them.