TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 6

Naruto groaned again, Sasuke elbowed him in the side. He glared at him.

I hate this crap. He was about to make a comment when he heard a small sigh from behind him. He turned around and gave Hinata a psuedo glare.

“Naruto! If you’re quite finished distracting your friends, would you please come down here and show us the...” he looked at a list on his desk, “ Transformation technique.”
Naruto felt like saying no, but he felt Sasuke and Hinata’s eyes on him, that and He could still hear Itachi’s warning in his head... So he got up and jumped off his desk and pushed himself to land exactly next to Iruka-sensei. Iruka raised an eyebrow at him.
“Well,well Naruto... Eager are we?”
He then motioned for him to take the center of the front. Naruto stood where he was pointed to, Hmmm... I said that i wouldn’t make any problems for Iruka-sensei.... A devious smile lit up his face as Iruka told him to copy the Third.
“Yosh!” He said with a tinge of sarcasm. Iruka nodded as if Naruto hadn’t slighted him. Then Naruto put his hands together, and concentrated. There was a poof of smoke, and then when it subsided the class burst out laughing and Iruka’s jaw hit the ground. Naruto had gotten the clothes and size right but the face was comically horrid. The eyes were too small, the nose to big, and the lips far too fat. Then, Naruto released the transformation with a subtle smile on his lips. Iruka was both flabbergasted and annoyed. He had purposely chosen that technnque because he had seen Naruto perform it flawlessly before. He scowled at the young man.
“I’m sorry, Iruka-sensei.” Naruto used a honey sweet tone, one that Iruka had never heard before.
“I guess I need to practice this more.”
Iruka frowned, he could feel something was off and then he noticed Naruto’s ghost smile.
“Yes Naruto, you do need more practice with that technique, so I think I shall take it upon myself to see that it gets done!” He said with smile. Naruto’s eyes widen as he realized his plan had backfired.
“Ne, Iruka-sensei! you don’t need to do that!” He hurriedly said, this time in a placating tone.
“Nonsense, Naruto! what kind of teacher would i be if didn’t take care of my students’ needs!”
Crap! Naruto thought. I hate this! I’m going to kill Itachi... Then i’m going to kill him!
“Now naruto! get back to your seat!”
Naruto stomped back to his seat, completely annoyed now, all because of an over achieving teacher! He thought about ditching, but Itachi’s warning floated through his brain again. He sighed.
“You should have just done it.” He heard Sasuke whisper.
He growled, signalling that this wasn’t the time for this. Sasuke shrugged. Naruto just sat there glaring at the teacher in front of the class, until the last bell rang.
“Ok, everyone see you tommorow! Naruto, Shikamaru, and Chouji! You three stay behind.” Iruka called out as they were getting ready to dash out. Sasuke sighed, and just stayed in his seat. Iruka, raised an eyebrow at him. He fidgeted and muttered something about being safer in the classroom.
“All three of you are slacking off in class. Shikamaru you have slept through almost every class, Chouji you have eaten throught the class, and Naruto you aren’t even in the classrooom when i’m talking. All of you, will be taking remedial classes to make up for your failing in class.” Iruka said severely.
Shikamaru yawned and muttered, Chouji asked if snacks would be provided, and Naruto just glared at him. Iruka lectured them about focus for a few more minutes then allowed them to leave.
“You know that he’s right you know.” Sasuke said suddenly as they walked down the halls. “Ha! I don’t need no remedial claasses or even this stupid academy!” Naruto growled.

“How do you know what you need? You’re not a real ninja yet.”

“Mmff! don’t need to be to know that this is jsut a bunch a crap.” He turned adn was walking backwards.

BUMP!

“owch!”
Naruto fell forwards and hit the ground. He turned up and looked who he hit. Sasuke sighed as he expected Naruto to either blow up or give the kid a cold disinterested stare. Then he almost laughed at what happened next.
“Oh my gosh! Are you ok?”

“H..Haha, I..I am ok N...Naruto-kun”

Naruto rushed to his feet, and started to help the other girl to her feet. Sasuke looked her up and down. She had midnight hair and gentle lavender eyes, she wore a white jacket and black pants. Sasuke smiled as he watched his friend fuss over the girl.
“Shoot Hinata! I’m soo sorry! I wasn’t even watching!”

“It’s fine, Naruto-kun.”

“Are you sure Hinata?”

“Yeah! I’m fine.”
Sasuke laughed, and the two of them finally noticed he was next to them. The girl blushed furiously turning redder than a tomato. Naruto was glaring at him, as if asking why he was laughing.
“Sorry! It’s just that I’ve never known Naruto to actually care for someone else that wasn’t a memeber of my family!” Sasuke manged out.
“I’m Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke.” He said extending his arm forward.
“Hyuuga Hinata.” She took his hand gently as if afraid. He raised an eyebrow at her and she blushed again.
Naruto and Hinata chatted for a while, then Hinata excused herself and she left. then the two boys walked down the hall, desperately trying to ignore the gossip and the angry glares from Sasuke’s fan girls flying down the halls after them. Sasuke just looked a Naruto, who felt his gaze and glared back at him.
“Whaddya want teme?”

“Hnnn? I’m just curious as to who that cute girl was?”
The blonde suddenly blushed. “I didn’t notice.” He lied quietly through his teeth....
“Uhh... yeah... we just kinda met after you and Itachi left..” he shrugged as if it weren’t a big deal.

“Just met? You seemed pretty chummy..” He said in a slow drawl.

“Yeah... i mean i just helped her through... a ...tough time! yeah! thats what it was!”

“A tough time?” Sasuke thoroughly enjoyed seeing his friend stumbling through his explanation. After a short time of Naruto trying to create a scenario less embarassing than it had been, sasuke stopped him.
“Naruto, really its fine. I was just messing with you. I’m really glad you found someone to befriend! Does that mean that I can start bringing friends into our circle? I don’t want you to be uncomfortable.” He stated.

“mmm... I guess thats fine, since i made a friend, its only fair!” He gave Sasuke a bright smile.

“Hehe... I still can’t believe what i saw though.” Sasuke said after a while.

“HUH? what do you mean?” Naruto said quizzically.

“When you saw who it was, i was expecting you to either blow up or just stare the poor girl to death. Instead you jumped up and actually spoke gently to her. You were worried about her.” He smiled at his friend.
“It was nice to see.” Naruto was very confused and it showed on his face and in his eyes. Sasuke sighed and motioned that the two of them go up to his apartment first. Then, once they were inside Naruto offered to make ramen, which Sasuke immeadiately said no to.

“Hey Sasuke, you were talking about something earlier, what was it?” Naruto said from the couch in the living room.
“Ah, yeah. I was talking about you. You might not have noticed it, but you have changed alot, since we first met.” He said quieetly.
Naruto looked out the window behind him for a while. then he turned to Sasuke with watery eyes.
“I don’t feel like I’ve changed at all.” He said in a small voice.

“What do you mean?” Sasuke said quickly.

“I mean, i still feel Their hate, their anger, and it still hurts. And i still don’t want anything to do with Them.” He said it quietly, looking at the floor. Sasuke’s heart went out to his friend, he knew who them was.

“Hey! You HAVE changed! When we first met, you were so closed to me. You refused to acknowledge that you broke down on my shoulder, and you refused to talk to me. You tried glaring me away for a whole two weeks remember?” Sasuke said with a laugh. Naruto laughed with him, remembering futilely trying to force the raven haired boy to leave him a one.

“Then, you remember when I finally through to you?” he asked quietly. Naruto Sat quietly recalling that day.

*Flashback*
“Why the hell are you bothering me Uchiha?! You are here every *@#%ing day! LEAVE ME THE @#$& ALONE!” An eight year old Naruto spat at the raven haired boy three feet away from him.

“You really shouldn’t wear like that. It’s not very civilized.” He answered simply.

“AHH! what the hell do you want!” Naruto finally said, giving in after six months of the boy constantly showing up and nagging him.

“Me? I just want to make sure you’re ok. That and I want to be friends.” Sasuke shrugged.

“What are you spoiled? I don’t want to see you or talk to you, let alone be your friend!” Naruto spat in anger. Sasuke cocked his head to the side.

“What happened to you that made you so bitter?” he asked it softly, and Naruto flinched.

“None of your business.” He said icily, his eyes flashing coldly.

“Really? Have you forgotten? It was you who guilted me into coming back, the first time?” Sasuke said it tiredly.

“You took advantage of a weak moment.” Naruto said coldly, and went to the kitchen.

“Naruto...” sasuke said it gently. He saw Naruto freeze.

“Naruto...Please i want to help you. But i can’t help you if you won’t talk to me.”

Naruto turned and gave Sasuke a cool glance.

“I’m going to say this once more.” He said his voice like ice. “I don’t need your help.”

Now Sasuke was getting pissed. He got up grabbed the boy by his shoulders and dragged him to the couch. He sat him down on one end and himself on the other. He locked his coal black eyes onto Naruto’s cerulean, and stared him down. When Naruto looked away, Sasuke jerked his face back towards him.

“Naruto, look at me! Do i look like I am going to hurt you?” He said it in a low voice.

“...No...”

“Then talk to me. You have trapped to much inside here,” He punched a finger into Naruto’s chest. “and it has begun to fester, you have taken blows and become a wounded animal! the only way to heal wounds to acknowledge them and then take appropriate measures.” He stared into his friend’s eyes daring him to say something against him.

“Now, Naruto tell me what is making you lash out.” He said it softly, but commandingly.

Naruto stood up, and sat in the arm chair across the room. Sasuke let him, sensing he needed space. Then he began to speak in a low monotone voice, as though he was speaking about yesterday’s events or discussing this evening’s dinner plans.

“It started when I was three. I was moved into this place, and my basic needs and wants were taken care of by nursemaids and the Hokage who visited thrice a week. At first it wasn’t bad, the old ladies who would watch over me, were usually nice or they pitied me. Then on the evening of my fourth birthday, I heard a festival being held outside. I had been forbidden from going outside that night, but everything sounded so amazing that i snuck out. I was hanging out with some kids, and it was all ok until their parents came to find them. When the parents saw me, they screamed at me, saying I was defiling their day of memories. Then someone threw a rock, it hit me hard and I started bleeding. I whimpered and started to cry but the parents had worked themselves into a fury and stormed off with their kids. when they were gone, I started to head back to my apartment but I never made it back. A small group of adults stumbled on me, they were drunk and when they saw me they went into a rage. They started to beat me, i got punched kicked stepped on. It seemed to stretch on for hours and when they stopped, I found out I was screaming. Then they started throwing rocks and sticks. I bleeding heavily and must have passed out, cause the next thing I know is I’m in a hospital bed, with the Third next to me and the nurse maid and a nice looking woman. That was the beginning of everything.” He suddenly shrugged, and shut up.

Sasuke sniffled. Naruto looked up at him and saw the tears running down his face. His face was the face of righteous fury and horror. He gritted his teeth and asked Naruto.

“What happened to the people who had attacked you?” He ground out furiously. When Naruto shrugged again, he saw red.

“Don’t know. Wasn’t really important. I don’t think anything happened to them. I was just grateful that a Chuunin had taken me to the hospital.” He said, disturbed by Sasuke’s expression. Sasuke stood up and punched the wall, surprising Naruto.

“Are you ok?” Naruto asked, confused.

“No and how can you be?” Sasuke seethed.

“I’m not ok with it. I just don’t care anymore. Its in the past. I’m just sick of everything.” he shrugged.

“Naruto, I’m so sorry.” Sasuke grabbed his friend in a big hug. “I’m sorry that you suffered like that.” Naruto sat confused for a second, then let the warm feeling inside take over.
*END*

Naruto smiled at his friend. Sasuke returned it. Then, Naruto’s stomach growled loudly.

“Gomen Sasuke! But i’m starving!” Naruto whined. Sasuke laughed loudly.

“Hai, Hai. I guess taht means we have to go to Ichiraku’s then.” And Naruto flashed a brilliant smile at him. He sighed.
“My treat, I guess.”