TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 5
Itachi noticed his little ototou was not very talkative as they were walking home.
“Sasuke? Is something the wrong?” He spoke gently, but Sasuke jumped as if broken from a reverie. He looked abashed and shook his head, but Itachi stopped and looked him in the eyes.
“Sasuke, what are you thinking about? No matter what it is, you can always tell your Aniki...” He said it smoothly, coaxingly. Sasuke nodded.
“Onii-san... Have you noticed Naruto lately?” He spoke softly. Itachi laughed gently.
“Yes. How can I not notice that bundle of endless energy and smiles. He has really changed hasn’t he?” Sasuke nodded again.
“He has changed. He’s come a long way from that stubborn jerk to being a good friend. But onii-san... I’m still the only friend he’s got, and he’s still my only friend outside of the Clan.” He said it quietly.
Itachi put his arms around his little brother.
“Sasuke, you have a kind heart. It beats with purity, and justice. You are what all Uchiha should be. Yes, he and you are still alone. But hold fast, ototou. You never know what life might throw your way.” Sasuke smiled at his brother.
“Thanks, Itachi-niisan. I guess i just thought about it today, cuz i saw the kids walking home together after the Academy got out.” Itachi raised his eyebrow.
“You were walking alone? Where was Naruto?” Sasuke blushed.
“Crap. I wasn’t supposed to tell...” Itachi just stared at him.
“Fine! Naruto fought with Iruka-sensei again, and had to stay after class.” Sasuke said it petulantly, but he smiled when he heard Itachi sigh in frustration. He knew that Itachi had thought himself Naruto’s older brother and that they were close. But it still made him smile when Itachi did acknowledge it.
“I’m gonna have a headache...” Itachi whispered as he started to walk again. Sasuke followed him, thinking about the future.

Naruto had finished picking up all the weapons and was on his way out the gate when he heard a small voice. He looked around and pin-pointed the noise, and followed it. He was about to walk in and glare the hell out of who ever snuck in, when he saw the figure. It was a girl, she was leaning against a tree with her back to him. She was wearing a white jacket, and black pants, and she was sobbing her heart out on a tree. For some reason, seeing this midnight haired girl crying like that hurt him inside.
Slowly he walked over to her.
“Hey, are you ok?” He called to her gently.
She turned with a squeak. Her eyes were shining with her tears and her face was red from crying. He stood there unsure of what to do, then he remembered when Sasuke caught him crying. He strode across the rest of the way and pulled her into his arms.
“Shh...Shh... Hush now... its alright... just let it all out.” He cooed to her softly. He just let her sob into his shoulder while he stroked her hair. She has really pretty hair... He thought suddenly. As soon as he realized what he had thought, he shook his head. I don’t even know her. Soon the small body in his arms stopped sobbing, and fell still. Then, she stirred and gently stepped back. Her eyes were red, but they conveyed her gratitude and shame. He felt himself give her his most natural smile.
“Hey don’t worry about it. We all need to cry sometimes, nothing to be ashamed of!” He said it with genuine feeling. He extended his hand.
“My name is Uzumaki Naruto. Whats yours?” She looked at him, as if he was a fearsome predator.
“Uhh...H..Hhinata... Hyuuga Hinata.” She gingerly took his hand. He gave her another one of his smiles, this time a broad happpy smile that lit up his face.
“Nice to meet you Hinata-san! I hope you got it all out!” He clapped her on the back. He saw confusion on her face.
“Whats wrong Hinata-san?” She fidgeted under his gaze.
“Well....I... sit behind you in class....” He blinked. Then roared with laughter.
“Hahaha!! Oh, haha that makes sense.” He manged to get out as he leaned against a tree while he tried to hold in his laughter. She frowned at him.
“Gomen! Its just that i’ve never actually spoken with someone like this before... I forget that... Nevermind.” His earlier happy mood dissipating.
“Why’re you here anyways?” He asked quietly. She turned bright red, and looked at the floor.
“Its a long story..” Naruto sensed that she didn’t want to say, but he also sensed she didn’t want to hold it in either. He shrugged and sat down.
“Well, Hinata! I don’t know if you know, but i have no one waiting for me. I got plenty of time. Why don’t you just talk it out, maybe you’ll feel better?” He said, quoting Sasuke exactly. He almost didn’t think she would take him up on it, he almost never had when Sasuke offered, but then she sat down across from him. She wiped her arm across her face, and locked her eyes with him for a second before looking away. He wanted her to look him in the eye again, her eyes intrigued him. She had big clear light lavender tinted eyes. He waited patiently for her to speak to him.

She bit her lip, then began speaking.
“Uh, I was at home. I was practicing in the courtyard, when my Father came outside with my sister. He told me to come in and spar with my sister. I...I lost.” She looked down again, and he saw her hand curl into a fist, gripping her jacket hard.
“After i lost. My father told me that I was a disappointment, and dismissed me. After that, it was all a blur and next thing i know you were holding me crying, and I’m really really sorry!” She was crying again. He sighed, and pulled her into his arms again. He just let her cry it out. When her tears subsided, he let her go. She mumbled a sorry at him again and he laughed. She looked at him in surprise.
He laughed again.
“I like you Hinata! Would you be my friend?” He locked his warm blue eyes on her teary lavender. When she nodded, he smiled brightly.
“Haha, Hinata. It was really wierd meeting you here, but I’m pretty glad I did.” He was about to get up, then he remembered something.
“Hey, Hinata.”
“Huh?”
“Now that we’re friends that means we have to be honest with each other right?”
“Yes...”
“Why were you scared when you saw me?”
“Mmm... Well... I... Ah....” Hinata blushed hard and tried not to look at him.
“Hinata-sama!”
A man burst into the little clearing. He smiled when he saw her, but then that smile withered when he saw the blonde. Naruto’s earlier smile was gone, now replaced with cold I-could-care-less mask. The light in his eyes had been replaced with a cold empty stare making his eyes darken.
“Hinata-sama, come it is time for you to return for dinner.” He spoke curtly.
“Oh,” She looked sad, and gave him a final I’m sorry look, “Gomen, Naruto-kun. I’ll see you in school!” He smiled back at her, his eyes lighting up just for her.
“Of course, Hinata-hime.” He said the last part to the man standing behind her frowning at him.
He didn’t notice a furious blush explode across her cheeks, and she walked away with the strange man. He watched the two of them leave with a sigh.