TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3
Sasuke and Itachi were both walking. They walked each with his own thoughts. When they were halfway to Naruto’s house, Sasuke stopped and asked Itachi a question.

“What would make someone want to end their life?” Itachi had been expecting this.

“Is this about Naruto?” Sasuke nodded, then started walking again. Itachi carefully pondered this before forming an answer.

“Is it hard for you to understand why that boy did what he did?” Itachi looked at sasuke and saw him nod.

“For you, it is difficult because of how you grew up, ototou. You have grown up as a child should, with parents and a family that loves you and treasures you. You have been taught to treasure that fleeting gift called life, to uphold the family honor and morals that guide our life. Peace, happiness, justice, honor. All of these hold special meaning to you, to me, to our clan, because they are central to us. They make us who we are. They make life the gentle joy we cling to. However, that boy has never known the gentle love of a parent. He has never had anyone to treasure him, to love him unconditionally. He has lived a life of loneliness and uncertainty. He lives by himself, secluded and withdrawn, unable to find any relief to the constant pain of not being able to have what he sees all around him. He watches little boys and girls walking around him with their fathers, with their mothers, envying them, desiring nothing but what a child needs in his life. He stands at the outside of the lives of the villagers, forever at the brunt of their mistrust, their hatred, their malice. He no longer understands what kindness is, he doesn’t understand love, or gentleness. He has never known justice or peace. His whole existence has been thrown into a mire of hate, continuously growing and thriving on the past prejudices of the people of this village. It is hard for us who have learned to treasure peace and the happiness of life that comes with it to be able to level with someone who has been dealt such severe scars. No, it’s nigh on impossible.” He managed to finish quietly.

He looked at his little brother, he knew that Sasuke had absorbed every word he had spoken.

They walked in silence, when they entered the Main part of the village they drew many strange glances.

“those two are Uchiha? What are they doing out here? They never leave their compound unless they have business to attend to!” Whispers followed them.

Itachi clenched his teeth unconsciously, he had planned on protecting his brother from these things. Sasuke heard the people, and completely ignored them, moving forward with the air of a noble of the House of Uchiha. He moved forward with an air of unconcern, while his mind was locked on trying to figure out the puzzle that was Uzumaki Naruto. The boy was an enigma in the most extreme, he did the complete opposite of everything that Sasuke had been raised to believe. He wanted to go and meet him, to talk to him, to find out what “scars” Itachi had been talking about. He had heard every word his brother had said, but instead of quelling his curiosity and allure, they made it burn even hotter. Now he had to know, why the boy had tried to drown himself, why had he been so furious that he had been saved, Why? Without realizing it he had been walking faster than his brother, and only was drawn out by Itachi grabbing his shoulder.
“Sasuke, This is the apartment building.” Sasuke looked up at the tall building, and followed his brother up the stairs. They stopped at the last apartment on the floor, and knocked gently on the door.

Whatever Sasuke had been expecting, it had not been this. The door was opened by the young blonde boy, he stood there as if quite unsure what was going on.

“Who are you?” The boy’s voice was flat and cold. His eyes were cold and empty. Itachi reached down, and said.

“My name is Uchiha Itachi, and this is my brother Uchiha Sasuke.” The boy regarded Itachi’s extended hand with disinterest.

“Its polite to shake hands or bow when you are introduced.” Sasuke looked in surprise at his brother; he had spoken as if it were Sasuke in front of him. Naruto stared at them before bowing, and straightening.

“It is also polite to allow guests into the house.” Naruto shrugged and turned around. Itachi entered and pulled Sasuke in with him. They entered the small apartment. Sasuke turned around looking in vague amazement at the small living space. There was a small mini kitchen with a dining bar, a small lounge area, and a hallway that had two doors on each side. Naruto sat himself down comfortably on the one seater in the lounge, leaving the couch open for the two brothers. Once they had sat down, Naruto fixed his dead stare on them.

“Why are you here?” His question was flat and emotionless. Sasuke almost flinched again at the complete lack of…anything in the boy’s words. Sasuke watched the boys face, it was completely devoid of any emotion, any flicked of interest, he was just there. Itachi once again broke the silence.

“Naruto, we were the ones who pulled you from the pond.” Sasuke saw the boy’s eyes flash. As quickly as the emotion came it was gone. Then he starched languidly.

“Have you come then, to gain my thanks in stealing me from death’s awful door?” He said it sarcastically. The words hit Sasuke, enflaming him. Suddenly, sasuke was engraged.

“I didn’t come here to get anything from you.” He said it clearly, his voice shaking with barely controlled emotion. Naruto’s eyebrow shot up, suddenly focusing on the younger brother.

“I came here because I didn’t understand you. I came here because I jumped into the pond to save you. I came because I wanted to know that you were safe, that you were well. “ Sasuke was shaking now. He could see a small amount of surprise in the other boy’s eyes but there was also fear, and suspicion.

“I came here to allow myself to stop worrying that you didn’t make it, that some complication had popped up and made everything worse.” He cut himself off. He knew he was getting close to yelling, he took a deep breath to calm himself.

“Why should you care about me?” Naruto’s cold voice sliced through him.

“My life, is not your concern, never has been never will be. You and the rest of the village don’t concern yourselves with me, and I don’t concern myself with you. So then, why have you come here with mock pity, and false words? What more do you desire to take from me? My happiness? My dreams? You are already too late, this village has torn that away. And now you come here, after taking away my chance of escaping this hell, and returning to the people who gave me life in exchange for theirs, thinking to gain my thanks?” Even though the boy’s words were flat and soft, the fury was evident. Sasuke was taken aback. He was about to speak again when the blonde’s eyes silenced him.

“I believe it’s time for you to leave.” Naruto got up and slammed the door of his room. Sasuke sat in a stunned silence. He looked at Itachi who sat there for a second as if contemplating something. Then, he smiled at Sasuke.

“Ah, Sasuke don’t worry about what he said. But it is time we left.” He stood up, and made to leave. Sasuke however, remained seated. Itachi turned confused.

“Go home, Nii-san. I’ll come soon.” Itachi stood still studying his younger brother, then nodded and walked out the front door. Sasuke took a deep breath and went to the room Naruto had disappeared into. He knocked on the door and leaned his against it. He heard sniffles on the other side, and knocked more insistently. He heard the door unlock and he was faced with the cold faced boy, with tears streaked down his face. Sasuke couldn’t stop himself, he grabbed the boy in a hug, just like his brother and mother had when he had been sad and crying. He felt the boy in his arms jump, but then he settled in his arms as if he resigned himself to the world. Sasuke felt a sudden weight on his shoulders. He felt pity for this boy but he also felt that the boy was suffering beyond his understanding, and that suffering was from unjust actions. He just stood there and let the blond cry into his shoulder. He tried to gently rub his back, trying to remember what his brother had done for him. He just stood there for a while, letting the blonde release his pent up emotions.

After what seemed hours the blonde pulled away. Sasuke stood there unsure of what to do. The blonde regarded him with a curious expression. Then he spoke in a quiet reserved voice.

“Is it true? Were you here to see that I was ok?” His face was clouded with worry. Sasuke breathed a sigh of relief.

“Yes, usuratonkachi.” He said with warmth, and smiled as he said it. Naruto scrunched up his face,

“I’m not a clumsy idiot!” he said in annoyance. Sasuke smiled brightly.

“Says the boy who just cried my shirt to death!” Naruto seemed grumpy at this statement. Then, he tensed.

“You probably have to go home now, huh?” Sasuke realized Naruto was afraid. He blinked.

“Yes, I do. But I’ll stop by tomorrow ok?” At this Naruto smiled but it was hollow.

“Yes of course you will. Well have a safe trip.” Sasuke waved as he stepped out of the apartment.

“Hmm… That took a lot longer than I thought it would Sasuke.” Sasuke turned to see his brother leaning against the wall, looking at the blue sky.

“I suppose you will be wanting to come back tomorrow, then.”