TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapeter 2
Sasuke was somewhat confused, and right now he was plain curious. He had done everything that his brother had asked him to do. He had run home and he had immediately spoken to his parents. Fortunately, only mother was at home when he barged into the house. She turned to see who was quickly, and smiled brightly at her son.
“Ne Sasu? What happened? Did you forget something?” She loved seeing her son, going out to practice becoming a ninja, trying to tread the footsteps of his ancestors, and to carve a name for himself. She realized it was difficult growing up in Itachi’s shadow, but she and his older brother loved dearly and always tried to be there for him when he needed them. Her smile wilted, shen she saw her son’s face trying to hold back panic.
“sasuke! What happened?!” She rushed to him.
“Mom! There was a boy! He was at the pond where I practice. I thought he was just some street rat! But MOM! He jumped in the water, and he must’ve fainted or something, cuz he fell to the bottom of the pond. I managed to get him out, and breathing when Itachi-niisan came. Nii-san took him to the hospital.” He reached out for his mother. She allowed him to fall into her waiting arms, and she could feel his dampness through her own clothing. She just held him tight, as he was shuddering. She put her mouth next to his ear and whispered comfors into his ear. He stepped back and grinned just for her.
“Mom, I pulled him from the bottom of the pond. I think I saved his life.” He said it quietly. She smiled back at him.
“Of course you did. You are Uchiha Sasuke. You were born to do great things!” She gripped her son to her, for some reason, fear gripped her heart. Sasuke, was careful not to mention two things. First was his close encounter with death himself. Second was the reaction of the boy he had saved. He didn’t mention the first to protect his mother, the second because he wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. Soon, he pulled away from his mother, saying he wanted to go change. He went upstairs and jumped into the shower, his thoughts were wrapped around the strange boy’s eyes. He had never seen eyes like that before.

By the time Sasuke was out and dressed, his father was home. Sasuke came down the stairs and almost ran into him. Uchiha Fugaku, looked like both of his sons. He had long black hair and dark eyes, usually set in a serious manner. However, as he gazed down at his youngest child, they were set in amusement, and pride. He reached down and ruffled his childs hair.
“Sasuke, I’m proud of you. You did a good thing today.” He said it warmly, and Sasuke smiled appreciatively. Such remarks were few and far between from his Father. Fugaku, brought his son down to the table where Mikoto had prepared a magnificent luch. They all had begun to eat as Itachi strolled in. Fugaku smiled at his eldest.
“How is the boy?” He asked loudly. Itachi took his seat, and then answered.
“He is stable. They say that he will be kept overnight to monitor him, then he will be sent back home. However, there is something that makes me think twice about this….business…” Itachi spoke softly. Fugaku’s eye brow shot up.
“What are you suggesting, Itachi? All life is sacred. Every life is worth saving, worth protecting. As a member of the Uchiha Clan, you should know this.” Fugaku spoke just as softly, but his words carried his convictions. Itachi seemed to mulling over this. Then he spoke again.
“I think I would like to discuss this without Sasuke present.” Mikoto and Fugaku frowned.
“Why?” they spoke together. Itachi dropped his eyes.
“It is a sensitive matter. Something that should not be discussed in front of young ears.” Sasuke, suddenly burst.
“Itachi-niisan! You’re only five years older than I am! If this matter is about the boy I saved today, I have the right to know!” He finished with a huff. Itachi, looked at his parents who nodded.

With a sigh, he started.
“The boy’s name is Uzumaki Naruto.” Fugaku froze. Mikioto gasped and dropped her chopsticks. Sasuke’s gaze flickered to his mother.
She has never done anything so common in her life. She seemed to realize what she had done, and hastily picked up her chopsticks and continued to eat as if nothing had happened.
Mikoto’s thoughts were racing, Kushina’s boy… It was Kushina’s boy Sasuke had saved… Then Itachi continued, “On top of that, it appears that this is the fifth time he has attempted suicide.” This time Mikoto blanched, then excused herself.
Sasuke watched his mother get up from the table.
What was wrong? Did she know this boy? Sasuke frowned, and asked.
“What do you mean fifth time?” Itachi fixed him with a serious gaze.
“He has had four other unsuccessful attempts to end his own life. All this year.” Itachi paused to let his words sink in, then he chose his words carefully.
“It would make a sad thing to have Sasuke’s first triumph be soured by the boy taking his own life as soon as he leaves the hospital.” Itachi finished and began to eat. Fugaku sat there, quietly. After a few minutes, Sasuke spoke again.
“Itachi-niisan, do you have the address for the place where he lives?” His voice was subdued. Itachi smiled inwardly.
“yes I do. I had planned on going tomorrow to check on him. Would you like to come?” He said it kindly. Sasuke looked expectantly at their father. Fugaku felt the gazes of both his sons. Both wanted to visit, the boy they had saved. He nodded, seeing no reason as to why they could not go. Sasuke nodded his head, and thanked his father. Then he excused himself, and went to his room. His head was spinning. He’d grown up taught that life was precious, it was fleeting. Something to fight for, to protect. Yet this boy, seemed all to ready to cast his aside. He sat down, and tried to focus he thoughts, and in the ends just gave himself a headache. So he just lay back and closed his eyes hoping for the peace that sleep would bring.